Profile for Ben Saunders > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
New Worlds [DVD]
New Worlds [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Dornan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Series, And a must watch for fans of the Devil's Whore., 16 May 2016
This review is from: New Worlds [DVD] (DVD)
This is the sequel to channel 4's the Devil's Whore which was set during the time of the English civil war, this show starts off a few decades later during the time of King Charles the second and later on King James. The mini series follows four young people actross both England and the new world of America who appose, King Charles and his who court have returned to tyranny and the people's of both England and America are now repressed.
However the colonists in the new world are also at war with the native Americans, the colonists commit shocking acts on the natives and it really brings home the injustice carried out by the 17th century settlers and make the viewer almost wish we had never discovered America and just let the people be.
Whilst this series fails to be quite as good as the Devil's Whore I still feel it deserves 5 stars thanks to it's captivating plot and brilliant acting, Jeremy Northman plays the part of Charles II very well, if you enjoyed the Devil's Whore or are just into historical drama series, give this a go, I'm sure that most will really enjoy it.

A History of Ancient Britain: Celtic Britain [DVD]
A History of Ancient Britain: Celtic Britain [DVD]
Dvd ~ Neil Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting History Doc by the BBC and Neil Oliver., 16 May 2016
Very Good History Documentary by the BBC

This short four part (4 hours) history series follows on from Neil's previous show about Britain's prehistoric past: A history of Ancient Britain which starts off from ice age through to bronze age Britain. This series starts off in Iron age Britain and goes through our age of Celtic warriors, the age of Roman invasion and finally age of Roman Occupied Britain which completes Britain's prehistoric past
Neil Oliver presents the show very well and is informative, enthusiastic which kept me captivated through start to finish. Unlike many other history programs which are full of reenactments and cgi recreations, Neil Oliver takes the viewer through by talking to the experts, visiting the ancient sites and showing and explaining artifacts.
Many scenes also just feature random camera pans of British Towns and cities as well as Neil walking whilst narrating, this may sound overbearingly dull, however Neil Oliver's Narration remains completely captivating and leaves the viewer wanting to find out more about our Nations rich past.
The Background Music works very throughout the show too and Ty Unwin's music creates really intrigue and a sense of mystery. In short this is really interesting show and I discovered a great deal about my country's past.

Ford Fiesta Mk5 (1999-2002) Weld-Wide Embossed Tailored Car Mats - [Black Carpet - Blue Detail]
Offered by Unique Car Mats

5.0 out of 5 stars A Company still make's replacemant floor mats for my year 2000 Ford! And they are a perfect tailored fit :) Very impressed., 15 May 2016
Bought these to replace the knackered original floor mats in my ancient year 2000 ' W ' plate car.
I was really surprised that anyone still makes mats that fit my car :) and these really do fit exactly and are as described a perfect tailored fit. The quality of this set is really very good :) and I couldn't expect anything more for the price plus to be honest they seem better made than the original ford ones that these have replaced :) the best thing about this set however is the price, £20 for a complete set of perfectly tailored car mats is brilliant, sure there may be cheaper options, but I doubt very much that they would be anywhere near this quality.

Pioneer TS-A6923i 400W 6 x 9inch 3-way Coaxial Speakers
Pioneer TS-A6923i 400W 6 x 9inch 3-way Coaxial Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for the money, Metal sounds great now, 21 Mar. 2016
I decided buy these to replace some tired Sony Xplod 3 way speakers (too much heavy metal ;) I already had a brilliant pioneer Cd head unit and Subwoofer so I thought I'd give these a go, plus I liked the design of these pioneers. Surely enough when I installed these new speakers I was not dissapointed the sound produced is noticably better than the Sony's I had before there is more clarity and most importantly more mid range so I can hear guitar and vocals all the better :) surprising as the Sony speakers we're really quite good too.
Following my previous install I run these off an outboard Alpine amplifier to get the most from them in terms of clarity. I have tried running big 6x9's off a head unit with no extra amp before, I thought they sounded good until I got an amp and WHAT A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE the clarity you could barely tell they were the same speakers, so I just had to amp these things up :)
Because of the 60w rms nominal input I would strongly advise not to run off a head unit alone as they could overload the little built in amplifier and burn the vioceciols of the speakers due to head unit amp clipping (a head unit states 4x50w for example but this is not rms power, the real output is more like 7-14w rms per channel)

The frequency response of these speakers is: 37Hz to 37KHz again really quite good for the price my old Sony's were 60hz to 22KHz and thanks to the low end of 37Hz these can handle blast beats without distorting :)

In short I think if you're after some half decent 6x9's for your car for less than £50 then you can't go wrong with these, I'm sure that there are better speakers out there for higher prices but if like me you just want some sound in the back to fill out the car then these speakers are great. They have a really nice warm mid tone sound and clean crisp trebble too, and bass is well defined, not quite to the level of decent sub though ;) which by the way pioneer make a decent subwoofer too :) and if your looking for a good alternative to Sony then these are well worth a go.

4 refill refillable to replace Epson T0711 T0712 T0713 T0714 ink cartridges for Epson B40W BX300F BX310FN BX600FW BX610FW D78 D92 D120 D120 WiFi DX4000 DX4050 DX4400 DX4450 DX5000 DX5050 DX6000 DX6050 DX7000F DX7400 DX7450 DX8400 DX8450 DX9400 WiFi DX9400F S20 S21 SX100 SX105 SX110 SX115 SX200 SX205 SX210 SX215 SX218 SX400 SX405 SX410 SX415 SX510W SX515W SX600FW SX610FW by Natureinks
Offered by Natureinks Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to sit for 3 days untill they started to work, but these cartridges will save a huge heap of cash in the long run :), 21 Dec. 2015
I bought these for an old epson stylus and filled them with 664 inks designed for the eco tank printers. They would not produce good prints at all at first, so I ran multiple head cleans (around 10) until the cartridges were emptied of ink and still poor prints!

But after leaving the printer for about 3 days and running 1 last head clean they suddenly started to work and give brilliant quality prints :) it seems that they need to sit with ink in for at least 48 hours to start working properly, hopefully they will continue to work now and start saving money over oem carts, overall if you are patient these carts are a brilliant idea that could save huge sums of money :)

PureMate® PM420 Portable 20 Litre Dehumidifier with Digital Display and 5L Water Tank Capacity
Offered by PureMate

5.0 out of 5 stars Stopping my bedroom from going mouldy., 14 Dec. 2015
I bought this as my house gets very humid in the winter with all the cooking and clothes drying. This machine does a great job pulling excess water from the air. I love the fact that you can set the humidity level and that the machine tells me what the current humidity of the room is. In short if you live in house full of lots of people pumping water into the air, get one of these and help stop all that nasty mould.

MSI 970A-G43 AMD 970 ATX Motherboard (PCI-E, Socket AM3+)
MSI 970A-G43 AMD 970 ATX Motherboard (PCI-E, Socket AM3+)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good board for an old AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU, 6 July 2015
I bought this board to re-build my old PC, my old Phenom II X4 955 @3.2Ghz runs flawlessly on this board along side 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 (4x 2GB Corsair Value select). I have 1 SSD drive, 2 HDD's, 1 Radeon r9 270X GPU, 3 system Fans, 1 Blu-ray rw Drive, 1 internal USB 2 Card reader, 1 creative X-Fi PCi E sound card and a 600w psu and all runs really well on this motherboard, all temps are very stable too and all components seem to run very cool which is surprising due to the lack of vrm cooling.

By the way I have not overclocked anything in my PC and would not recommend on such a bargain basement board, however if like me your pc's old mobo died after 4yrs and you are looking to re-build whilst keeping your old components then this board is great value and should give few more years out of my already fairly outdated hardware, then this is a great choice.

Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Made My old AMD system feel bleeding edge fast., 6 July 2015
I bought this beast for a system re-build and decided to install windows onto an ssd rather than an old 7200rpm HDD, I've already got a Samsung 840evo in my laptop and know how excellent their drives are already. Windows 7 boots insanely fast compared to the old WD black HDD and now a PC running a late 2008 AMD Phenom II 955 with old 1333mhz ram feels really, really, really fasssssssstttttttt!!!!
If it makes and aging AMD platform seem so fast then I can only imagine how fast a new Intel system would be with one of these drives installed with a newer version of windows. By the way after much research online, Samsung have the most reliable and fastest drives, so consider that before buying a frankly overpriced Intel SSD and if performace is what your after then these drives will not disappoint or better still an 850 pro drive :)

Midnight camo army combats cargo work trousers sizes 30-50 (38W 30L)
Midnight camo army combats cargo work trousers sizes 30-50 (38W 30L)
Offered by Dallas Wear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Festival trousers., 3 July 2015
Bought these to take to Download festival recently, so I had storage on the go without the need for a backpack and as a bit of a mud shield :) For the price the quality is better than expected and they fit well, the pockets are really spacious too, now just looking forward to the next festival :)

Just one piece of advice I went for the next waist size up from what I would usually wear and glad I did because they fit me like normal.

Arctic Cooling MX-4 4g Thermal Compound
Arctic Cooling MX-4 4g Thermal Compound

5.0 out of 5 stars Cools an old AMD Phenom II X4 955 brilliantly, 3 July 2015
I bought this for a recent re-build of an old AMD phenom II X4 955 based pc, the old AMD can get quite hot (125Watt Tdp!!) when stressed for long periods of time. Previously when Initially installed this processor into it's old motherboard I used MX-2 compound which did a pretty decent job and the old Phenom would idle on air cooling at around 40c and peak around 60c when stressed, now it idle's around 28-34c and peaks around 48-52c all with the same 4yr old air cooler.
For an older hotter cpu this stuff really works :) now I can have the old girl play a few hours of Shadow of Mordor at high settings and not worry about a sudden overheat :) I thoroughly recommend this thermal compound and if can cool an old cpu like mine so well I'm sure those of you with siny new AMD FX or Intel Core i7 cpu's will see even lower temps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13