Profile for Mr. Dennis V. Long > Reviews

Content by Mr. Dennis V. Long

Mr. Dennis V. Long "DenLong" (Devon UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Offered by Inkubus Bargains
Price: 58.53

4.0 out of 5 stars had a boot problem on my PC, 19 May 2013
I had to change the BIOS to get this to boot on my Win 7 64 bit PC, I didn't understand why but it worked. The BIOS has to be changed back for use of the old drive.

NEW rechargeable battery 3SN2/3AAA30HSJP1 NI-MH 3.6V sold and distribute by PJLL
Offered by BuyaBattery
Price: 4.45

1.0 out of 5 stars No good to me, 7 Feb 2013
wrong size was far smaller than the one in my phone and the plug was much smaller and didn't fit. I have no more to say

Illuminated USB Multi Media Keyboard w/ Numberpad & Switchable Backlit Keys
Illuminated USB Multi Media Keyboard w/ Numberpad & Switchable Backlit Keys

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 7 Feb 2013
One row of keys failed to work - it was returned and not replaced. no no no no no no

Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board, Size D, 135 x 45 cm - with Silicone Heat Pad
Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board, Size D, 135 x 45 cm - with Silicone Heat Pad
Price: 73.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Stable, 7 Feb 2013
My wife loves this, and considering she had the last ironing board for over 25 years, the Brabantia needed to reach a very high level of approval for her to want to keep it - which it did in spades!

Dominion
Dominion
Price: 3.65

2.0 out of 5 stars A story or a political diatribe?, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
Disappointing as halfway through it seems to change to a very political rant about all sorts of people and situations which have little to do with the plot of the story. The rant at the end about the SNP is so wrong in a work if fiction.

Kindle Fire on Kindle Nation Daily
Kindle Fire on Kindle Nation Daily
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Kindle FIRE, 6 Dec 2012
According to Amazon this publication for and about the Kindle Fire doesn't accept a subscription for a Kindle Fire, AMAZING.

3D EXPO 1862: A Magic Journey to Victorian England
3D EXPO 1862: A Magic Journey to Victorian England
by Michael Tongue

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D Victoriana at its best, 27 Nov 2012
This 3D book and viewer was fun and informative, it is also addictive and encouraged me to make my own stereo photo pairs knowing that I would be able to view them enlarged with the viewer supplied. A bit of free software available on the net called "Stereo Photo Maker" makes it even easier to do simply by taking a couple of digital photos about 7 cm apart and printing them out on a normal PC photo printer. They can even be reproduced in red/blue anaglyph format for viewing with very cheep colour glasses. I believe they can also be reproduced for viewing on modern 3D TVs - that might be my next purchase!

Yamaha NP31S Portable Keyboard - Silver
Yamaha NP31S Portable Keyboard - Silver
Price: 249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 2nd Keyboard, 27 Nov 2012
I bought the NP31 as a second keyboard for use with a Tyros 4 - with a few bits of wood I got it to sit on the front of the Tyros stand with the Tyros on top. I used the Yamaha Club Registick4 to set it all up electronically and voice-wise, with a Ketron pedal-board and a couple of MIDI cables from Mr Amazon as the final touch for a workable organ.
As a stand alone Piano keyboard I imagine the NP31 would be very serviceable with its on-board stereo speakers and choice of dual voices. Just the job for a Christmas sing-a-long.

TeckNet New Amazon Kinde Fire HD 7" Inch Tablet Premium Folio Case Cover and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet for Auto Sleep/Wake Feature Included Screen Protector and Stylus Pen Wine Red
Offered by BlueByte Ltd
Price: 6.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy Case, 27 Nov 2012
Well made with holes and gaps in all the right places. It does the job well except that it will not stand on its own vertically, which is how I prefer to read on a kindle - hence only 4 stars.
I couldn't get the screen protector on without trapping bubbles.

Asimov's Science Fiction
Asimov's Science Fiction
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for Kindle HD, 16 Nov 2012
I was most disappointed to find that I could not transfer my long standing subscription to this magazine and Analog from my Kindle keyboard to my new Kindle Fire HD.
It appears that the UK versions are not compatible with the FIRE whereas the US version is. But Amazon US refers me back to UK when I try to set up a subscription through the US site. It's probably a matter of VAT - but it is sad that once again we lag behind the US.

Come on AMAZON - sort it out please!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 11:28 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2