Profile for Alison Jeffrey > Reviews

Content by Alison Jeffrey

Alison Jeffrey

Page: 1 | 2
iCozzier 13.3 - 14 Inch Diamond Foam Splash Shock Resistant Neoprene Sleeve Carrying Case Bag for Laptop / Notebook Computer / Chromebook / MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air / Ultrabook Computer - Black
Offered by iCozzier

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a fair price, 1 Jun. 2017
Excellent value for money. Well designed, good quality finish. Mine arrived really quickly and is a perfect fit for my 13 inch MacBook Air. It also can hold an IPad Pro in its case at the same time making it doubly useful. I have a tendency to drop things so needed something reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one again should the need arise. One feature that I really appreciate is the little elastic strips in the corners of both flaps; this just adds a bit of security preventing laptop or iPad falling out should it be accidentally opened upside down, and stops things shifting around. One of my better purchases.

CKB Ltd® ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES Airport Novelty DOORMAT Unique Doormats Front / Back Door Mats Made with a non-slip PVC backing - Natural coir - Indoor & Outdoor
Offered by CKB LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Durable, 25 May 2017
Lovely quality, A bit of fun to welcome visitors. Not much else to say about it - definitely recommended to brighten up a hallway.

ResultSport® Velocity Grid Foam Roller 34x15cm - Black
ResultSport® Velocity Grid Foam Roller 34x15cm - Black
Offered by ResultSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, does the job well., 22 May 2017
Unfussy and great- does what it says on the tin. As a marathon runner (albeit a very slow one) my legs are often quite stiff after a run, and this roller has proved very effective, particularly on my IT band, calves and quads. I have pretty rubbish hamstrings and this helps protect them from injury and soreness, so definitely recommended. Not the lightest, but I guess there is a trade-off between strength and weight, and being over 14 stone I went for the strong one. Might be worth looking at this if you are only going to use at home (as we do), but a lighter one would go in a suitcase better and you could always stuff it with clothes so you don;t lose much capacity. It's only fair to warn you about the pain though - if it doesn't hurt, you're not rolling in the right place! Definitely worth getting a personal trainer to show you how to use it. Definitely recommended.

Sherlock Holmes Fancy Dress Accessory Set Deerstalker Hat + Magnifying Glass + Victorian Look Pipe Detective Kit
Offered by GreatDeals4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific - bought this as a prop for school maths ..., 22 May 2017
Terrific - bought this as a prop for school maths lessons (can you be a maths detective etc.) and it worked a treat. Children in Years 1 to 6 responded well to my asking for evidence ('can you explain?') which is so much more appealing to them than our constant nag to 'show your working'!

Bean Bag Booster Refill Polystyrene Beads Filling Top Up Bag Beans Balls 6 cubic feet
Offered by Home And Garden Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but prepare the area well!, 22 May 2017
Arrived quickly, well packaged. Be warned that it is a complete faff to get the beans into the bean bag due to static.
In the end, I settled for pouring in a jug at a time which worked well if slowly. Would suggest using a closed room with a clear floor because however careful you are you WILL spill some. Allow plenty of time, but now it's done our bean bags are revitalized. Recommended.

Twist PA-OAC-T4W World Charging Station - White
Twist PA-OAC-T4W World Charging Station - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost great - loose fitting spoils a great idea, 26 April 2017
I confess I am disappointed by this product. Not the idea, which I think is brilliant, but by the quality. Perhaps I got a dodgy one - I realise they may not all be this poor and that the odd iffy one can come off the production line. The weight is a bit on the heavy side, but I'm hardly one to throw the first stone on that score, and to be fair it is mentioned in the description.

My main issue though is the poor fit to my macbook air's plug. It simply isn't close enough to the right size, and so the connection is very loose. This is at best annoying and at worst dangerous. I think that for this sort of money I was expecting something that was a much better fit, as now I suspect this will sit in the drawer called 'almost a great idea'.

It's a shame, because apart from that frustration this could have been an outstanding product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2017 10:13 AM BST

Smiffy's Police Badge in Wallet - Black/Silver
Smiffy's Police Badge in Wallet - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars but it turned out to be a really nice quality leather wallet, 26 April 2017
So if I'm honest, I wasn't expecting much from this, but it turned out to be a really nice quality leather wallet! I was working with some students this week in a school, and stuck a post-it in the left hand side with 'MATHS POLICE' written on. For a joke I got it out and asked them maths questions - they loved it, much to my surprise! I's great when you get something that is better than you thought it might be.

10m Length Crime Scene Do Not Enter Novelty Barrier Tape
10m Length Crime Scene Do Not Enter Novelty Barrier Tape
Offered by Kobe1

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea! I am planning a 'whodunnit' maths activity ..., 24 April 2017
Brilliant idea! I am planning a 'whodunnit' maths activity and this will really help create a mood. Perhaps a bit pricey for what is basically 10m of tape, though.
It looks very realistic - I saw this tape used on the New York version of Sherlock just last week, so it is aimed at the US market. (We are in the UK where they tend to use blue rather than yellow).

Apple Watch Strap, SOWTECH 42mm Genuine Leather Replacement Watchband Strap Wrist Band Modern Buckle with Metal Clasp for Apple Watch & Sport & Edition All Models (42mm-Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality but don't get it wet!, 18 April 2017
This arrived quickly, as advertised, and looked really smart. It fitted perfectly and made my watch look very classy. BUT- I wore it with a white cotton shirt this morning and the black colour has 'bled' onto the cuff in three places - I reckon avoid getting it wet. I only washed my hands wearing the watch but even that was enough for the colour to run.

So it's honestly quite hard to rate - very smart look and great quality for the price - but on the other hand, it made a mess of my shirt, and in front of clients that's not a good look.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2017 8:49 AM BST

Unifix Cubes Packs - 100 cubes
Unifix Cubes Packs - 100 cubes
Offered by School Surplus Co

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, fast delivery, 20 Mar. 2017
Fair price, good quality, fast delivery, not much else to say really. These are preferable to Multilink if you work in EYFS or KS1, as often small fingers struggle with the assembly and disassembly of multilink but these are easier.

(Also, the boys in Y2 will not be able to make a gun with Unifix. Just saying.)

Page: 1 | 2