Profile for sb > Reviews

Content by sb

sb (Lancaster)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Yarrashop® 3 in 1 Mobile Phone Camera Lens Kit 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Macro Lens + Super Wide Angle Lens for iPhone 7,iPhone 6s / 6s Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iphone 5 5S , iPad mini, iPad 5, iPad Pro,Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, S6 / S6 Edge,S5, Note 5 , Sony And other Cell phones (Silver)
Offered by Yarra shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, well worth the money, 19 May 2017
A very handy little set, has transformed my instagram and twitter accounts where I mainly take pictures of things in the garden. The macro lens in particular is worth the price alone, it allows me to see things in a completely different way and is very effective at taking clear, sharp images very close up - something my smart phone could never do without this lens.

The bag doesn't stay shut with the draw string so I tie a little knot into the strings to stop my lenses falling out. The clip is easy to use and also the lens are easy to change by screwing onto the main attachment. Well worth the money, can highly recommend.

Just Seed Pea - Greenshaft - 40 Seeds - Small Garden Pack
Just Seed Pea - Greenshaft - 40 Seeds - Small Garden Pack
Offered by JustSeed UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good germination rate, 19 May 2017
These seeds had very good germination rates and are now growing away strongly in our yard. Delivered in good time too.

Just Seed - Flower - French Marigold - Mr Majestic - 30 Seeds
Just Seed - Flower - French Marigold - Mr Majestic - 30 Seeds
Offered by JustSeed UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking flower, germinates well, 19 May 2017
The germination rate has been fantastic with only one out of the packet not germinating. There's about 30 seeds in the pack, plenty to add colour around our allotment plot and in the back yard too. Can recommend if you want a marigold that isn't the classic orange colour and are looking for something a bit different, the petals are very attractive and the effect is striking when dotted in amongst green leafy veg plants.

Gardman 10 cm Plant Labels Pack of 250
Gardman 10 cm Plant Labels Pack of 250
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great labels, 19 May 2017
Great labels, one side smooth one side slightly roughed up - better for writing on. 250 sounds a lot, but if you have a garden or allotment you'll easily make a dent in the packet as growing season is well under way! Takes the ink of a sharpie pen very well and are a perfect size for most plant names to fit on.

Hallmark Dad Father's Day Card 'Posting Selfies' - Medium
Hallmark Dad Father's Day Card 'Posting Selfies' - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary fathers day card, 19 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A reasonably funny card, gives my daughters the opportunity to gently take the mick out of me which is fine by me. For some reason, they think that "he was posting selfies before it was cool" is hilarious, I suppose I was, and on the fridge too!

Makes a nice change from fathers day cards with pictures of sports cars or men fly fishing on them, far more relevant and contemporary.

Hallmark Dad Father's Day Card 'Don't Do Salads' - Medium
Hallmark Dad Father's Day Card 'Don't Do Salads' - Medium

3.0 out of 5 stars Random statement of carnivorous habits, but better than a picture of a sports car, 18 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A rather odd, seemingly unconnected to Fathers Day card about dads not doing salads. I think it's plays to the stereotype of dads being in charge of family barbecues, which isn't true in my house as my wife does a far better job of coordinating the cooking times of the barbecued food than I ever could. Also, I'm a keen gardener growing our own veg so I do do salads, they're great. Inside it just says Happy Fathers Day.

As random and odd as this card is, it's a change from the usual stereotyped fathers day cards with images of sports cars, men in streams wearing waders fly fishing and rugby balls on them, I think it looks quite contemporary compared to those images I just mentioned, which are normally done in pale watercolours. Not great, but not bad, 3 stars from me.

RHS Great British Village Show: What goes on behind the scenes and how to be a prize-winner
by Thane Prince

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable would like more detail, 17 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although an enjoyable browsing book, I would have liked to have had more substance from this book. It's more of an overview than a how to guide, and is quite generalist even though certain features of each chapter are expanded on, for example how to grow / show vertain vegetables and the odd cake baking piece. That said, it is enjoyable to flick through and get ideas from. I've been growing fruit and veg for years and have always been interested by the lengths show growers go to to get a medal at the village fete.

Would recommend for those who want to find out about village shows if they know nothing about them, not for experienced show-ers.

Garnier Natural Aloe Extract Gel Wash Normal Skin 200ml
Garnier Natural Aloe Extract Gel Wash Normal Skin 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a difference, 9 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using this regularly on my face before shaving, as that's the only time I wash my face by itself (obviously it gets washed when I have a shower too!). This really does clean well and remove oil and muck from my pores, and after a few days my skin started to look a lot fresher and healthier. Would recommend to those who are after a face wash that has some restorative powers and will leave the skin looking very fresh and clean, i9t does so better than normal shower gel.

How to Eat Better: How to Shop, Store & Cook to Make Any Food a Superfood
How to Eat Better: How to Shop, Store & Cook to Make Any Food a Superfood
by James Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is packed with very interesting information, in a way that's easy to understand so you don't need a doctorate in bio chemistry, nutrition or botany to understand it! It will transform the way you prepare food, but there's so much information it won't all happen at once. I find that the more I've read this book, the more sinks in and filters into our kitchen, like leaving mushrooms out on the windowsill before using them (boosts vitamin D) etc, at first reading I could only remember a few tips.

Would recommend for anyone who is into cooking, or grows their own food and is looking for ways to maximise the health benefits.

Braun Multi Grooming Kit MGK3040 (7-in-1 Beard/Hair Trimmer for Men Plus Gillette Body Razor)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but where's the case?, 8 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This gives a good trim to beards / stubble and the variety of different attachments makes for a versatile, useful shaver. However, it's a bit faffy to transport around as there isn't a bag or case for all the bits, I'm a bit worried that either some will get broken in my travel bag or will get lost.

It can also be used to cut hair, although I've never been very good at giving a crew cut to myself and it's better when there's someone else to cut my hair, but at least they can use this razor. I would say the price is just about right given all the options that this gives you, but don't think I'm being over fussy by expecting a bag or carry case to keep it all together once out of the box, so for that reason have taken one star off. Overall rating from me is four stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20