Profile for Mrs. G. Potts > Reviews

Content by Mrs. G. Potts

Mrs. G. Potts "satsuma77" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Cold Blooded: New Orleans series, book 2 (New Orleans thrillers)
Cold Blooded: New Orleans series, book 2 (New Orleans thrillers)

2.0 out of 5 stars ruined by poor editing, 17 Jan. 2016
ok book but needing to report typos every three pages got old quickly. silly errors which spoiled the read and plot

Older Than the Stars
Older Than the Stars
by Karen C. Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, bright and informative., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Older Than the Stars (Paperback)
As my child is about to start RE lessons, I thought it was only right that we also started on the truth, so I bought this book. I love how the simple repeating story is backed up by facts and information that you can either read out or save for when they're older. With my three year old, we left that bit out, and concentrated on the rhyme. By the end he was talking along with it and enjoyed shouting out BANG.

The pictures are lovely and really kept his attention. I'll work on the 5 year old this weekend.

Anker Peppa Pig Filled Pencil Case
Anker Peppa Pig Filled Pencil Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product sent., 22 Sept. 2013
I can't review this as they sent the wrong item. To my goddaughter, who was starting school. She's obviously over the moon with the unfilled pencil case she did get, but I'm not happy that I paid for a filled case, and got a sleeve.

TECHGEAR® High Quality USB Cable for Apple iPod Shuffle and Shuffle Clip 3rd Gen and 4the Gen - iPod shuffle USB charging and sync cable compatible with Macs and PCs
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with 4G, 7 Jan. 2012
This product is not working with my 4G iPod Shuffle. It works with my husband's 3G one, but not with my 4G at all. Very disappointed.

I'm using a MacBook, did other users where it did work have windows based machines perhaps?

BaByliss 2775U Big Hair Rotating Styler
BaByliss 2775U Big Hair Rotating Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a gadget that works, 23 Dec. 2011
I have fine, shoulder length dead straight hair. It has the volume of an uninflected balloon however. I bought one of these after seeing adverts and reading some reviews and I love it.

What I learnt from reading reviews is that you have to use this on damp, not wet hair. I imagine that's why people are finding it taking a long time or ripping hair out. It isn't, in my opinion, a replacement hairdryer. It's a styling tool to be used for the last part of drying and what a difference it makes.

I don't have masses of volume, but I'm never going to with my hair, but I certainly feel smoother, and more even. The back of my hair feels like I've been to a salon it is that bouncy.

I'd recommend this to anyone, as long as you use it sensibly.

Take A Vacation!
Take A Vacation!

4.0 out of 5 stars Was unsure, but really enjoyed. Good summer chillout music, 2 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Take A Vacation! (Audio CD)
I was unsure about this album but bought out of curiosity for a band I did like (Panic at the Disco). What I got was a mellow, relaxed summer album. Yes, Ryan Ross' voice isn't the best in the world, but it suits the songs he's singing and there's only a few real poor moments vocally.

Song writing, I like the beach/vacation theme and I listened to the whole album three times through without skipping, something I rarely do in the age of iPods. I'm going to be listening whilst working over summer and it's certainly in my top 10 albums at the moment

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't even realise you're wearing them, 1 Aug. 2010
I bought these in a fit of desperation as my Achilles has been giving me a lot of pain wearing conventional flipflops this summer. Yes, the toe is slightly thick, but you soon get used to it and I walked miles around Paris in these the day after I got them.

By far the most comfortable summer shoes I've had - they look girly enough, even though I have the black (I'm so tempted to get the pink as well) but stay on your feet without clenching and the support from the sole is great.

I was worried the plaited part would dig in and my friend commented that it would annoy her being so thin, but I've not had any issues. I've got quite wide feet and - much as I hate to admit it - cankles - and there's been no issues with fit or comfort. I can only imagine with nice ankles and thinner feet they're even more comfy!

Well worth paying the money for and I'm looking forward to wearing them for summers to come.

It's a 50/50 Thing
It's a 50/50 Thing
by Chris Higgins

2.0 out of 5 stars Modern Railway Children, 2 Nov. 2008
This review is from: It's a 50/50 Thing (Paperback)
The basic plot is taken straight from the Railway Children and modernised for today's youth but with a lower reading age and more glitter on the cover.

Wife in the North
Wife in the North
by Judith O'Reilly

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 8 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Wife in the North (Paperback)
It's very rarely I don't finish a book and yet with this one I'm feeling that not only do I not want to finish, but I actually want to throw it into the nearest bin.

The author seems to do nothing but whine about her life. I feel for her children if they ever read it, as obviously watching them grow up is nothing compared to being able to socialise in London.

She's irresponsibile, running out of fuel on numerous occasions with small children in the car, ungrateful and snobbish.

Don't bother reading.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2008 4:36 PM GMT

Intensive Care [CD + DVD]
Intensive Care [CD + DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A more grown up album, 24 Oct. 2005
I've had a few listens through now, having got my copy a couple of days early (thank you Mr Post office!)
This album is definitely a more mature production from Robbie. Songs that grab you straight away - Make Me Pure, The Trouble with Me and Advertising Space, which has a definite U2 influence. Then the songs that take a couple of listens like Tripping, Ghosts and Sin Sin Sin.
The influences of Robbie's upbringing near Manchester and that of Stephen Duffy are evident in a lot of the album with an 80s beat particularly strong in Sin Sin Sin.
This is heading to be one of my favourite Robbie albums, his voice has improved and the song writing has definitely improved. He's not missing Guy Chambers at all. Even if you've never liked Robbie before, give this one a go.

Page: 1 | 2