Profile for EnglishMiss > Reviews

Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Trees
Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Trees
by Alan Titchmarsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Information from the expert., 30 April 2016
The Alan Titchmarsh range of " How To..." books seem to me to be based on the very successful gardening books by Dr.D.G. Hessayon. Those were the books I got when I first started gardening, after years without a garden.
I think I still prefer the Hessayon ones - the Titchmarsh ones are very informative, have lovely illustrations & drawings & you can almost hear Alan speaking as you read the words. However, I find the format & layout are rather off putting : it all appears rather bitty & for a novice gardener, the Hessayon ones are much easier to dip into & find what you want, without having to search through other text.
As I said, very informative & interesting, & I am sure much money will be made for Alan, & BBC books.

16 A6 Teachers Special Award Certificate Monkey
16 A6 Teachers Special Award Certificate Monkey
Offered by KidsStickers

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice addition to playing teachers., 30 April 2016
Bought for my gorgeous monkey loving, stationery loving, list making, teacher role playing grand - daughter. This added a touch of authenticity as school teachers these days hand out such certificates, stickers & the like.
I must have been well behaved in class & at school , or it was s reflection of her liking for this gift, as I got TWO certificates in one day !!!

' We Love Our Mummy ' - Photo Picture Frame Gift - 5 x 3.5 " - Brushed Aluminium Satin Silver Colour
Offered by Cygnet Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but sweet, 30 April 2016
A nice frame with a pretty design & decoration. It is quite expensive for its' size, though the Seller I bought from DID state the measurements, which was fair & right.
Bought for my grandchildren to give to their adored Mum - my lovely daughter - as a Mothering Sunday surprise. It will hold the family group, once they have found a photo they all approve of !

Silvine A6 Wirebound Notebook Ruled - Pack of 5
Silvine A6 Wirebound Notebook Ruled - Pack of 5
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smooth paper, well made - IN THE UK !!!, 30 April 2016
I LOVE Silvine products !. They remind me of my childhood & schooldays, such happy times. These are STILL made in the UK too, which is great to know AND they do not cost much more than cheap imports. Silvine will give the reference numbers of the items which are NOT made in the UK , if it matters to you, as it does to me - these seem to be ones with plastic type covers. The quality of the UK made products is far superior to other brands made elsewhere - some of whom are well known & thought to be British. The wire binder is well made & fixed, with no sharp bits sticking out - which I found previously on the foreign ones. Particularly watch out for the mini notepads etc, given for party bags etc as most are made in China - the paper & the plastic very often give off odours, the wiring can be poorly fixed,rough & uneven, & the whole thing disintegrates easily so end up being a waste of money & possibly harmful .

Virtual Cycle Rides - Through the Forest - For Indoor Cycling, Treadmill and Running Workouts
Dvd ~ The Ambient Collection
Offered by naturdvd

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice change of outlook, 30 April 2016
Nice & peaceful but I found it a bit " samey " & actually hard to distinguish from the others. It's a good idea though for indoor exercising, to alleviate the boredom of just cycling, or running or whatever. With each journey lasting the 20 minutes - there is no real need for a timer. I shall definitely be looking at the others in the range.

Whitefurze G02042 41cm Square Venetian Planter - Terracotta
Whitefurze G02042 41cm Square Venetian Planter - Terracotta
Offered by ST&K Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy cheap inports but British, like Whitefurze, or quality, 30 April 2016
A very nice design, & a well made & finished planter offered at a very fair price. Bought because this planter & indeed the range are made in THIS country ( or most of them, are but as usual it's best to check because some UK manufacturers include non UK made amongst their products, & some then change to production elsewhere , without the public knowing ) I have other Whitefurze products - the quality is really good, MUCH better than Asian made tat probably manufactured under dubious conditions. The Whitefurze range is large, so there is sure to be something suitable.

Sulphite Paper Bags - 12" x 12.5" - (1 pack = 100 bags)
Sulphite Paper Bags - 12" x 12.5" - (1 pack = 100 bags)
Offered by UK's Leading Packaging Supplier!!! Express Delivery Available!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not that strong., 30 April 2016
Well priced & a good size. I buy these bags for putting foodstuffs into my brown compost bin - I am not sure they would be able to carry much weight & stay intact for other uses such a cake stalls, craft fairs etc., as they aren't very strong - certainly not multiple items. I think the larger the bag, the less strong they become. Some of these have been glued down along the seam so that they can't be used at all, unfortunately.

Colgate ToothbrushExtra Clean Triple Pack - Medium
Colgate ToothbrushExtra Clean Triple Pack - Medium
Offered by SpickandSpice

4.0 out of 5 stars Always worth buying., 30 April 2016
An established brand offering good, quality products at fair prices. These are my favourite brand of toothbrush & were offered at good price for the 3, with different colours to avoid confusion by the users. These are from a popular company for a reason - the quality is always good.

Elegant Hearts Cake Embellishment - Silicone Mould for Cake Decorating ,Cupcakes, Sugarcraft and Candies
Offered by Hotshotcraft

4.0 out of 5 stars These moulds ar great. Buy BRITISH - it really DOES make sense., 30 April 2016
A very nice mould, well made & not of vile smelling material as foreign made ones often are. These are for food use, so it is vital that they are food safe & non toxic, & I would not & do not trust that other countries conform to safety standards. This range MADE IN THIS COUNTRY, so double thumbs up. These may be a little - & it really is only a little - more expensive than the foreign made rubbish but the quality is much better, & of course there is the safety aspect for consideration, to me anyway. Well done to KATY SUE DESIGNS for keeping the manufacture of their moulds in this country, rather than in China & other Asian countries. This country may not be perfect, but I feel that those who made this item & their range are working under good conditions & in a safe environment, which is most likely NOT the case with that made in China etc. & the end results are cheap tat made in dubious conditions

Bicycle Combination Lock 70cm x 8mm (silver/blue)
Bicycle Combination Lock 70cm x 8mm (silver/blue)
Offered by Home of Shopping

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine., 30 April 2016
Not sure how much of a real deterrent it would be but this is for use in the local park & we can see the bike store from the swings etc. so it will serve its' purpose, I'm sure. It seems quite sturdy & only time will tell how good it actually is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20