Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for christie > Reviews

Content by christie

christie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
VitaVerde by GreenPan Non-Stick Wok, Ceramic, Black, 28 cm
VitaVerde by GreenPan Non-Stick Wok, Ceramic, Black, 28 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 Oct. 2016
Cooks with very little fat. Easy to clean.

Taunting the Dead (A DS Allie Shenton Novel Book 1)
Taunting the Dead (A DS Allie Shenton Novel Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book for some time, 23 Oct. 2016
This is the worst book that I have tried to read for some time. You have a female detective sargent who can't tell the difference between heart and hormones, a lone shark who stabs a debtor with no regard to geting his money back and various other unlikely characters. I managed about 70%, gaveup and moved on.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars ... my old JODA hanging sponge bag which was very useful for touring when you don't want to unpack everything ..., 29 May 2016
This is a replacement for my old JODA hanging sponge bag which was very useful for touring when you don't want to unpack everything for just one night, I used the last one for several years but in the end one of the zips failed. I ordered one by the same manufacturer again because the storage is perfect for my requirements and I must say that this new one seems much more robust than its predecessor.

Slug Clear Liquid 250ml (Value Twin Pack)
Slug Clear Liquid 250ml (Value Twin Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best defence yet., 2 May 2016
I have a plague of slugs of all sizes and shapes and this seems to be my best defence. My slugs seem to thrive on slug pellets and nematodes require perfect conditions to be effective.

As the Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As the Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 2 May 2016
I really enjoyed this book. Other reviewers seemed to be worried about the climbing terms not being explained but I didn’t think that it matter and in fact would have been quite tedious. This is a detective story not a climbing instruction manual. I like Damien Boyd’s style and will definitely read more of his work.

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping psychological thriller everyone is raving about

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 2 May 2016
Like a lot of other reviewers I found it difficult to believe that an intelligent woman could get into such a situation. However if you can accept the situation it is a good story and indeed a page turner.

Ecco Women's ECCO ARIZONA Multisport Outdoor Shoes White Size: 8
Ecco Women's ECCO ARIZONA Multisport Outdoor Shoes White Size: 8

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pair of shoes but the laces are pathetic, 2 May 2016
Very nice pair of shoes but the laces are pathetic, they look good but they are too short and a bit thin.Very difficult to tie securely.

adidas Miss Stan, Women's Trainers, White/Green, 7.5 UK (41.5 EU)
adidas Miss Stan, Women's Trainers, White/Green, 7.5 UK (41.5 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate sizing, 24 Mar. 2016
Nice trainers but the size is not accurate. I normaly take a size 7 but ordered a 7.5 to be on the safe side. They were too small so I had to send them back and exchange them for an 8. It is such a waste of time when the sizing is not accurate. Black mark adidas.

Too Good To Be True (Quick Reads 2016)
Too Good To Be True (Quick Reads 2016)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short story, long on quality., 5 Mar. 2016
I don’t normally read short stories but as I am hooked on the Shetland series and Jimmy Perez I tried this one. I’m very glad that I did because I loved it. Without giving the story away all I would say is that seeing Jimmy Perez out of his normal environment was interesting and as always Anne Cleeve created some excellent characters.

Open Secret: The Autobiography of the Former Director-General of MI5
Open Secret: The Autobiography of the Former Director-General of MI5

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not gripping, 2 Feb. 2016
The story of Stella Rimington's rise from filing clerk to Director General of MI5 is interesting but for me a bit dry. The details of how MI5 evolved over the years is facinating but bit more personal detail would have helped me to get inside her head. However I forgive her because secrecy was after all her stock in trade.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11