Profile for angela32 > Reviews

The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost your metabolism and burn fat fast
The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost your metabolism and burn fat fast
by Julia Buckley

5.0 out of 5 stars Achievable for anyone with very little time, 7 Jan. 2014
Ok, firstly a bit about me. I work full time in a very demanding job, working shifts, and have a fab 2 year old son....I have no time! Pre baby I was relatively fit, training for marathons and had good body confidence. Anyway, the inevitable happened, I put on loads of baby weight, and managed to lose most of it but the last stone remains 2 years later, a nd with a very hectic life where my health is way at the the bottom of the list! Up until a week ago I had got into all sorts of bad habits, wine, chocolate, cigarettes, processed food and had pretty much lost all my fitness, and to top it all off I have been diagnosed with high BP, which can only be lifestyle related. I felt terrible about myself, how much I had let myself go, and honestly didn't know what to do. I decided that I would start the new year putting my health a bit nearer the top of the list of priorities. So I started to do some research when I came across the daily mail review for this book. Well I was intrigued and immediately vowed to order the kindle version as soon as I could. I read it in 1 day and was so inspired that I couldn't wait to start. It sounded so achievable and seemed really easy to fit in to my very busy life. I was even more amazed by the wonderful FB page. This is so interactive and the author also makes comments, you really feel like she is right there with you. I am 5 days in, having done all the workouts and dramatically changed my eating habits, stopped smoking and drinking wine, and already I feel a million times better! I am so confident that in 12 weeks time my BP will be back to normal and my health will have dramatically improved. I really do feel like this will be one of those life changing moments when I am a healthy old lady enjoying my retirement I will think back to now and realise I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for all those changes I made in 2014. I really do believe this book could be life changing.

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 23 Mar. 2013
I bought this based on the good reviews and I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed it and could completely relate the Gilly with a G! Worth a read.

Your Pregnancy Week by Week: Practical and reassuring advice from conception to birth

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not as good as the other iphone apps out there!, 16 July 2011
This book is ok, but to be honest you'd be better off with the babycentre app which gives you a day by day guide.

Christine Hill's Pregnancy Guide: The essential handbook for all expectant mothers
by Christine Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to pregnancy, 16 July 2011
After falling pregnant for the first time 7 months ago, and not really being a "baby" person it was safe to say I didn't have a clue about pregnancy and what to expect! Having got a new kindle for Xmas I was looking at the reviews on amazon for the best pregnancy book available on the kindle, and happened upon this. Well, thank god! Christine Hill manages to tell you everything you need to know in a non-judgemental way, explaining all of the options available to a pregnant woman, and giving alot of practical advice on all aspects of pregnancy right through to birth.
If, like me you had heard horror stories from other girlfriends who already have children, of midwives judging you, and making you feel like you are the worst mother in the world before the baby is even born then Christine Hill manages to put your mind at rest and restore your faith in ante natal carers everywhere! I did buy a few other pregnancy books but this was by far the best.

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and sooooooo tasty!, 21 Feb. 2011
This book is fab! Like most other reviewers I watched the shows and had to get the book. I have made about 8 of the recipes so far and they are so tasty (chicken pie is yummy!). To be honest, if you are a novice in the kitchen you do not stand a chance of cooking these meals in under 1 hour, but if you are a compentent cook, then I would agree with most other reviewers that you are looking at 45mins. And once you have made them a couple of times it may even be possible to cook them in 30 mins like Jamie! I know it's called 30 min meals, but I certainly didn't think that the first time I opened this book and attempted to cook something I had never made before, that I would do it as quickly as a professional chef, and I don't think anyone should buy this book thinking they will be able to either. Just enjoy the food for what it is and accept that practice makes perfect!

Pregnacare Vitabiotics Plus - 56 Tablets/Capsules
Pregnacare Vitabiotics Plus - 56 Tablets/Capsules

2.0 out of 5 stars Please read and take note of the other low review !, 9 Feb. 2011
I started taking these supplements in my first trimester, and like the other reviewer I was suffering badly with nausea all day, and feeling absolutely exhausted. I also had really oily skin, hair and outbreaks of spots (something I have never suffered with)! I put all of this down to being pregnant and just being very unlucky. I then logged onto to Amazon to re order these tablets and happened across the other ladies review mentioning iron levels. I stopped taking these tablets immediately and began taking plain folic acid instead. I did this just to see if there was any improvement in how terrible I felt, and within 2-3 days I had more energy, and didn't feel nearly as sick. My skin improved within a week as well. I am no doctor, or expert, but if you find that you are feeling anything like I was whilst taking these, it may be worth coming off of them just to see if these are the cause.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2011 11:09 AM BST