Profile for Fiona Wynn > Reviews

Content by Fiona Wynn

Fiona Wynn "Cyzaki" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2015
All as expected. Thanks.

The Last Honeytrap: Florence Love 1
The Last Honeytrap: Florence Love 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 May 2015
*Disclaimer: Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway*

Nooooooo! It ended far too soon! I need to know what happens next!

A brilliant read about a private investigator hired to entrap a world-famous singer by his girlfriend, to test whether he is faithful to her. Plenty of twists and turns and excitement as Florence Love and her brother Michael work together to gather the evidence.

Please tell me the next in the series is out soon!

The Sons of Scarlatti (Infinity Drake, Book 1)
The Sons of Scarlatti (Infinity Drake, Book 1)
by John McNally

4.0 out of 5 stars Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway* A young boy gets sucked into saving the world by his scientist uncle and .., 19 May 2015
*Disclaimer: Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway*

A young boy gets sucked into saving the world by his scientist uncle and ends up being shrunk to fight mutant wasps. Reminded me of Artemis Fowl, with a healthy dose of Honey I Shrunk the Kids for good measure! A gripping read, although the efforts to include gamer language grated at times. Definitely recommended though, and not too childish for adults to read by any means.

Sisters of Treason (The Tudor Trilogy)
Sisters of Treason (The Tudor Trilogy)
by Elizabeth Fremantle

5.0 out of 5 stars Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway* I loved this book, 19 May 2015
*Disclaimer: Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway*

I loved this book! Really really enjoyed reading it. I love historical fiction anyway, and this novel was about characters I've not read about before, in fact I didn't even know the three main characters (Katherine, Mary and Levina) existed. I'll definitely look out for Elizabeth Freemantle's other works in the future.

The Defeated Aristocrat: Konigsberg 1919 (Konigsberg 1919 Book 1)
The Defeated Aristocrat: Konigsberg 1919 (Konigsberg 1919 Book 1)
by Katherine John

4.0 out of 5 stars So pleased I won this in a giveaway as I don't ..., 19 May 2015
*Disclaimer: Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway*

Wolf Mau is a German soldier fresh back from the trenches of WWI. He comes back home to find his old life impossible to return to, not least because there is a killer on the loose, torturing, mutilating and murdering his fellow returning soldiers in the brothels of Konigsberg. Wolf takes it upon himself to help the police track down the murderer before more of his friends fall victim.

So pleased I won this in a giveaway as I don't think I would have thought to read it otherwise, and I would have missed out on a really good book. I found it interesting to see the aftermath of world war 1 from the German point of view - something I hadn't come across before. The writing definitely sucked me in to the story, and I found it hard to put down, generally only stopping reading when I was so tired that the words started blurring! I did find the ending somewhat unsatisfying though, and I'm not sure why. It was quite abrupt and seemed a little rushed, and maybe that's why I wasn't entirely happy with it.

Definitely a recommended read, however. I'll be on the look-out for more novels by this author in the future.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little jars, 10 April 2015
Nice little jars, tiny scratches on some of them though. Also the seals don't seem like they'll last long. They were pretty cheap, however, so I can't really complain!

Amazon Kindle Case (7th Generation - 2014 release), Royal purple
Amazon Kindle Case (7th Generation - 2014 release), Royal purple

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 8 Feb. 2015
I haven't been using this long, and already it has fallen open in my bag due to having nothing to keep it closed meaning my kindle got scratched, and the purple covering is coming away from the rest of the cover. Sure, it puts your kindle on standby when it closes, and wakes it up when you open it, but other than that it doesn't do much to protect the kindle. Not worth the money at all.

Magnetic Window Cleaner Double-Sided Wiper Glass Wiper
Magnetic Window Cleaner Double-Sided Wiper Glass Wiper
Offered by tinkertonk

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 24 July 2014
The magnet isn't strong enough - it falls off my window quite often!

The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets
The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets
by Simon Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 May 2014
A mixture of maths and The Simpsons, how can anyone not like this? Well worth a read even if you like The Simpsons but don't like maths - everything is explained really well.

Tobar Christmas Rubber Duck
Tobar Christmas Rubber Duck
Offered by etailz UK

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Tobar Christmas Rubber Duck (Toy)
It's a rubber duck, looks just like the picture, what's not to like? It's a great novelty gift for Christmas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4