Profile for Angharad > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
De'Longhi Convector HCX9124E, 2400 W - White
De'Longhi Convector HCX9124E, 2400 W - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Design. Useless Timer., 5 Oct. 2014
This heater has a bright clean white finish. It looks sleek. The feet are easy to fit. I love the electronic controls. You can set the thermostat in Centigrade or Fahrenheit.

But the timer is useless! It's described as a 24 hour timer, and this being the top spec in this heater range, I expected to be able to programme the heater. But you can't! You can choose EITHER a time delay till the heater comes on, OR a time delay till the heater goes off. Bonkers! ie In the evening you could manually switch the heater on and then programme it to switch off in 4 hours. But it won't come on again in the morning until you manually turn it on again. What a ffaff. You might as well buy the model without a timer. I reckon most people like me, want to set the heater to come on at say 5pm and go off at 10pm, then for it to come on again for a couple of hours in the morning. If that's what you want, this is not the heater for you. Or me.

So I'm going to return it and buy the next model down in the same series HCX3220FTS, without the smart electronic display unfortunately, but with the good old fashioned timer clock with pull out pins. Bit disappointed really.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2016 8:35 PM BST

2 x 400mm Long Flexi Hose Pipe Tap Tails With 12mm Males For Monobloc Basin Or Kitchen Taps

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit., 1 Feb. 2014
This was the only supplier I could find for mono flexi tails that were long enough. Normal ones are 300mm long. Good price and much easier ordering here than wasting a day walking round plumbers merchants carrying my tap.

They fitted perfectly into my brand new Franke Eiger tap. I was a bit concerned that the small bore might restrict the water flow (it looks about 8mm), but the gravity fed hot water is running faster with these tails/tap than on my previous tap/tails, so I'm quite happy.

Delivered within 3 days, in a jiffy bag, so they fitted through the post box.

MOFRED®-Micro USB Host Mode On The Go OTG Cable (Lifetime Warranty) for Nexus 7 / Nexus 7 2 II / Nexus 10 / HTC Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S / S2 / S3 / S4 / S5 / S6 / S6 Edge / Samsung N7000 /Archos G9 80 tablet / Archos A70 tablet / NIKON D90 / XOOM / Toshiba TG01 / Nokia N810 / N900 / HTC ONE / HTC One M9 / Galaxy Note 8.0 Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition / Tab 3 -8.0, 10.1 / Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet / Moto G Phone / Tesco HUDL 7" and Android Micro USB 2.0 Data OTG Cable
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS WITH NEXUS 7 2 (2013), 2 Oct. 2013
Yes, it definitely works on my Nexus 7 2 (2013).

I have tested this cable with two different flash drives and via a cable to a PS3 controller. I also used Nexus Photo Viewer. No problems.

It's 14cm long altogether, with the middle flex cable measuring 7cm excluding the fittings. Both ends are a really good snug fit. No wobble.

I had to change the language on my Nexus to English US and switch the Nexus off and then back on again to overcome the temporary problem with Jellybean, but that took less than a minute - and is nothing to do with the quality of the cable.

I prefer this straight OTG cable to the 90 degree angle one because on the Nexus 7, if you put the 90 degree OTG in while it's in landscape mode, the cable would stick up in the air.

Very pleased I found a quality cable that worked.

Elho 100cm Large Corsica - Terra
Elho 100cm Large Corsica - Terra

5.0 out of 5 stars Good if bought elsewhere., 14 May 2013
I've had two of these in the 80cm size for 4years and am very pleased with them. The colour has lasted well without much fading and they clean up nicely.

On that basis I ordered a 100cm one from Amazon but it arrived without the inner tray (that the soil sits on) and without the water meter (that's the pipe you stick in to feed the water directly to the base of the trough.)

I ordered a replacement and had to go through the ffaff of packaging and sending the faulty one back.

The second arrived with exactly the same parts missing. Either Amazon don't have the complete item or someone in the warehouse throws out the extra sections before packaging it up.

So you might be lucky. But the trough is useless as a self waterer without the inlay, so you might just want to buy the whole thing somewhere else.

EDIT: I have had a message from Amazon confirming that they have checked in their warehouse and the only thing they supply is the trough and the saucer, not the inlay or the water meter tube. So definitely don't order it from Amazon!

Whole Earth Organic Maple Frosted Flakes 375 g (Pack of 5)
Whole Earth Organic Maple Frosted Flakes 375 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Superfood Market

4.0 out of 5 stars Gluten free! Sweet Cornflakes, 13 Mar. 2013
They're gluten free. It says so on the box, but it's not highlighted in the main blurb. So if you're coeliac it's another one to add to your choice.

They are really just sweet cornflakes, but without that malty taste that they seem to have added to Kelloggs. I can't honestly say I could close my eyes and recognise the flavour of maple though. It's just sweet. Or it could be that I've tried so many 'maple' cereals that I've got a bit blasé about it. It's sweet enough to flavour the milk, which goes a bit brown by the time you reach the bottom of your bowl.

This is my favourite cereal of the moment and since the price is remarkably affordable, I don't have to hide it in a separate cupboard. Life is easier when you have gluten free products like this one that are a normal price and taste 'normal' and anyone can eat them.

Suma Organic Ground Almonds 1 kg
Suma Organic Ground Almonds 1 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Good Quality, 13 Mar. 2013
So far I have received 2 packs of these 1kg Suma Organic Ground Almonds. (On subscribe and save.) Both have been excellent quality, had a lovely fresh smell, been of Spanish origin and had at least 6 month date on the pack.
The plastic bag is quite a tough thick one and it arrives packed in a box aswell, so no problems with delivery.

Natures Path Organic Gluten Free O's 325 g (Pack of 4)
Natures Path Organic Gluten Free O's 325 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Crunchy, 25 Oct. 2012
This is my favourite gluten free breakfast cereal.

They are crunchy, not too sweet, and and have a flavour reminiscent of malted milk biscuits. There isn't any malt or milk in the ingredients though, so maybe that's just my taste buds. They stay quite crunchy right down to the bottom of the bowl.

I was surprised how small the golden yellow 'O' s are. For some reason I expected them to be much larger. They are less than a cm in in diameter. Reminded me of some cat food I've seen. But don't let that put you off! I love them.

Natures Path Organic Maple Sunrise 300 g (Pack of 4)
Natures Path Organic Maple Sunrise 300 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Superfood Market

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit sweet. But Im on my 16th box so they cant be that bad., 14 Sept. 2012
I think this cereal is really a little bit too sweet for me. Im the sort of person who never needed to add sugar to weetabix or ever put it in tea and coffee though.
But its gluten free, and the choice for coeliacs is limited, so I keep eating it.

It stays crunchy for at least 10 minutes or more, even if you get called away from your breakfast straight after you've added the milk. Why does that always happen?!

It contains a mixture of round crunchy balls, rice crispies, corn flakey things and some small popped seed things. Not quite sure what they are. So quite a variety of textures. Makes the milk go sweet and a bit brown.

Sweeter than Natures Path Crispy Rice and Mesa Sunrise, but a bit more interesting.

5 LED USB & Wind Up Dynamo Torch
5 LED USB & Wind Up Dynamo Torch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wind up torch, 4 Aug. 2012
Much bigger than I'd imagined. Not pocket size. But fits easily in the hand. I turned the handle about 10 times and it worked straight away. The LEDs give a ringed light effect rather than a single beam. Feels quite strong and sturdy.

Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor
Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 May 2011
I bought this for the 3 or 4 tracks I had previewed and liked, but what a delightful surprise... when I listened to the other tracks a couple of times, they became my favourites!

She sings every note perfectly and with such ease that instead of straining your throat trying to help the singer reach the notes you can smile, relax and instead, listen to the happiness with which she sings these songs, feel the various rhythms and hear the unusual use of instruments and the excellent song writing melodies.

It's the best album I've bought in years.

Page: 1 | 2