Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Stephen F. Wilkins > Reviews

Content by Stephen F. Wilkins

Stephen F. Wilkins (Seascale Cumbria)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Feeling
The Feeling

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel Something, 9 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Feeling (Audio CD)
Definitely not the bands best album that said I've got to give it five stars for the magnificent Feel Something the best song by far they've ever recorded and worth the price alone,
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 6:55 PM BST

The Chessman: A British Mystery Set in the 1920s (A Jack Haldean Mystery)
The Chessman: A British Mystery Set in the 1920s (A Jack Haldean Mystery)
by Dolores Gordon-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Jacks Back, 21 Oct. 2015
A story that moves at a cracking pace,well written and a real page turner with a satisfying ending which sadly is not always the case with mysteries .I heartily recommend anyone who wants a few hours entertainment to get a copy you'll not be disappointed.

SEVEN DIALS
SEVEN DIALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Less than 5, 23 May 2014
This review is from: SEVEN DIALS (Audio CD)
As a fan of Roddy I knew what to expect,tuneful music,perfect lyrics and great production and that's exactly what this album gives,so any non fan give this a whirl you won't be disappointed,any fans out there will already have a copy,thanks Roddy for brightening up my life.

Snuff: (Discworld Novel 39) (Discworld Novels)
Snuff: (Discworld Novel 39) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrys Best? Well I Think So., 26 Oct. 2011
I've been reading about the Discworld from the start and apart from Light Fantastic and Colour of Money have never been dissapointed by the extremely high standard of Terrys stories, but for me Snuff surpasses even my own favourite Men at Arms. Vimes and Sybil have developed into a mighty duo and Willikins is the butler to die for.This book moved me more than any other by the wonderful description of a man on a quest to do the right thing and to see justice is done after the horrific murder of a so called vermin girl.The reviewer who exalts you not to buy it is so way off the mark, if you only ever buy one Pratchett make sure it's this one a gem.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 5:51 PM BST

New Tricks - Series 7 [DVD]
New Tricks - Series 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alun Armstrong
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars still running, 21 Aug. 2011
This review is from: New Tricks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Well were into series 7 with no let up in quality, first rate acting as you'd expect,some great comic touches and for me at least the highlight was Phil Daniels,a great character who I would love to see in future episodes.This is T V of the highest standard and long may it continue

One of our Thursdays is Missing: Thursday Next Book 6
One of our Thursdays is Missing: Thursday Next Book 6
by Jasper Fforde

4.0 out of 5 stars Thursday Next the End ? I hope not., 25 Feb. 2011
Thursday the written one searches for Thursday the real one while Carmine assumes the role of Thursday the written one to keep the books going,confusing?, not at all, Jasper gives us a totally bookworld set adventure that rattles along at a ferocious pace,the new characters were a joy espeially Sprocket her newly acquired butler. Just one point I'd make if you haven't read any Thursday novels before I think this is the wrong one to start with, as a stand alone novel I think people would find it a bit confusing,I didn't, but then again I've read and enjoyed all of Jaspers books. Hopefully this wont be the end of Thursdays adventures but if it is thank you Jasper for a fresh and vibrant series.

Close to the Edge
Close to the Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars as far as prog could go, 3 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Close to the Edge (Audio CD)
I first heard this under the bedsheets from a crappy transistor radio in 1972 and was astounded by the sheer beauty of it all,bought my vinyl copy the very next day.I have been through all the formats vinyl cassette cd's and I still love it,this is as close to classical as you can get,prog rock can't go any further.I've listened and admired many bands of the genre most recently Magenta and IQ both of whom are brilliant and in my opinion better musicians than Yes, but my point is Yes were the first, they set the standard and on Close to the Edge they set the bar to high no-one could better it a true masterpiece
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 6:03 PM BST

LIVE AT THE POINT 2007 ( DOUBLE )
LIVE AT THE POINT 2007 ( DOUBLE )

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars Plus, 5 Dec. 2010
Why this band aren't world famous is a complete mystery to me,great tunes a superb female vocalist who also looks great a rhythm section to die for and finally the best lead guitarist I've heard for many a long day and believe me I've heard quite a few,and boy oh boy can this group perform live,well five stars cannot even come close to how good they are, If like me you like a bit of Yes with a dash of Marillion a sprinkling of Supertramp then this is for you,I just loved it and am now trawling through their back catalogue,please buy it its great.

Misplaced Childhood
Misplaced Childhood

5.0 out of 5 stars well it surprised me, 5 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Misplaced Childhood (Audio CD)
I only bought this because I heard Kayleigh and it lodged in my brain,was I pleased I did, you bet this cd deserves all of the high ratings from other buyers it was amazing and I thought Kayleigh the worst track, so all in all one of the very few 5 star albums I own,and I own quite a few highly recommended.

I Shall Wear Midnight: (Discworld Novel 38) (Discworld Novels)
I Shall Wear Midnight: (Discworld Novel 38) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiffs Back, 5 Sept. 2010
I'm in the I liked rather than loved it camp.I didn't think it as good as Wintermith or Hat full of Sky[my personal favourite] but I really enjoyed it,the visit to Ankh was lovely old favourites popping up was super and I often wondered about Eskarina, all in all a darned good read and probably when I re-read it, it will improve like all Terrys books seem to.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2011 1:50 PM GMT