Profile for Mr. P. J. H. Thompson > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. J. H. T...

Mr. P. J. H. Thompson (Lowton, Cheshire United Kingdom)

AZATOM ® Street Dance 2 - Lightning Docking Station Speaker for iPhone 7, 7plus, 6s, 6plus, 5s, 5c, 5, SE - iPod Touch 5,6,7 - Unique Design - Rich Sound Performance from such a Compact Speaker
Offered by 4Cool Technology

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish. Doesn't do what it says on the tin., 16 April 2017
Says its compatible with an iphone 6s. However when we plug any of our iphones in (we have a 5, a 5s and a 6s in our household) it says 'device not compatible with this phone' .

Elinkume® (10-Packs) G9 LED Bulbs Energy Save led chip 7W Super Bright 420-450LM (Equivalent of 45W Halogen Bulb) with 3014 SMD 104 LEDs AC200-240V Light (Non-Dimmable Warm White)
Offered by Questway

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design. Doesn't fit snuggly, 13 Sept. 2016
My lamps point downward. Had good and bad quality bulbs previously however this one just hangs from the socket for a few seconds then falls out. I have to hold it in position for it to work. Poor design. Cant comment on the brightness as the only time the bulb is on is when my hand is in the way holding it in position.

Outdoor Portable Folding Fishing Arm Rests Chair Armchair Recliner Camping Heavy Duty 4 Adjustable Legs XL Dark Green L65 x W60 x H(97-112)CM
Offered by KMS Distributions LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but build quality not great, 28 Mar. 2016
Purchased chair in August 2015. Chair is really comfy. I have used the chair approx 25 times for fishing however the weld has failed on one of the legs making the chair unuseable in case it collapses. Also the locks on two of the legs have fallen off and locks for the back of the chair keep coming loose and have to be regularly tightened

iRobot Roomba 660 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 660 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but work in progress, 29 Oct. 2015
Tied between giving a 3 or a 4.
Had "Ralph" (kids named him :) for about a month.
Pro's
1. Saves u time hoovering
2. Not as noisy as a normal hoover.
3. We have a 5 bed house, all the beds being raised about 6 inches off the floor. Ralph gets under them when a hoover can't
4. Some reviews say it won't hoover long pile carpets and rugs. We have two long pile rugs. For some reason it will hoover one but not the other.
5. The cleaning tool for the brush is great for removing hair. It also works great on hairbrushes!
6. Kids love him and he is classed as our newest pet.

Con's
1. Although it hoovers under beds it gets jammed on just about every shoe lace, charging cable, lego brick and sock. We have 5 kids so I don't think it has managed a complete cycle upstairs with me spending 5 minutes looking under the beds to find out where he has got stuck. A low decibel alarm would be very handy when u need to locate him.
2. We have a medium pile carpet in our bedroom. Ralph goes into our room straight to the far wall turns around and comes out again..never to return. Maybe he thinks our room is to much of a challenge!
3. Is great at hoover up some substances but ours struggles with sand, flour and shake and vac! He also isnt great with dried leaves which he just flicks around with his edge brush.
4. Ralph cleans with two brushes. One is made of soft rubber which doesnt last long. We have had him for a month and i have already had to replace with the spare that he is supplied with as the rubber is ripped....probably the lego bricks and wires etc.

Summary
Got him cheap and overall haven't regretted the purchase especially as the kids love him. Just hope the replacement rubber brushes are not expensive as I am going to be going through quite a few each year.

Further updates:
23 October- Roomba is just going in very small circles for a few seconds then stopping. Contacted Roomba. Very apologetic member of staff. They sent me new wheel modules which seem to have done the trick. Took only 5 minutes to replace.
11 Nov- Woke up to find a trail of broken plastic on the conservatory floor. Roombas front bumper has split. Contacted Roomba. No apology this time. However they are sending out a prepaid postage label. I have to package the robot up and post it off to them. Would have been more convenient if they had sent a courier to collect. I will keep you updated. I have knocked a star off as two issues in the space of four months isn't great.

Enjoydeal G9 7W 5050 SMD 30 LED White Corn Light Bulb With Cover 85-265V
Enjoydeal G9 7W 5050 SMD 30 LED White Corn Light Bulb With Cover 85-265V

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 26 Aug. 2014
Rubbish. Have replaced once already and one has failed. There is no covering over the leds and circuit boards so the solder rusts and then the leds fail. Only good point is brightness isnt to bad however still havent found anything as bright as halogens

Total War Battles
Total War Battles

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent game, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Total War Battles (App)
Worth the small fee. Quite addictive. Although the board contains Hex's it is a real time strategy game and some levels take a bit of thinking through to complete

NETGEAR N300 Universal 4 Port Smart TV, Video and Gaming Wi-Fi Adapter - Black
NETGEAR N300 Universal 4 Port Smart TV, Video and Gaming Wi-Fi Adapter - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars It does work with an Orange Livebox, but bin the instructions, 21 Mar. 2012
Contrary to the reviews I have seen this adapter IS compatible with an Orange Livebox as it works with mine.
I agree that the instructions are garbage and I wouldnt even bother reading them.
The guide that has been written by a several users stating attach the dongle to the PC, connect it to the livebox then unplug the network cable and plug into the TV is correct. So theres no point me repeating the finer details here. I will leave you to read their instructions.
For the livebox there is one extra task you need to do. When you have connected it to your Sony Bravia go into Auto setup and complete it. You will find that it says it connected ok...however it hasnt. If you select the option to test the network you will see two 'ok's and a failed showing next to the internet access. Go into Manual set up this time. You will need to change the IP address. The last number of the IP address was 13 for me which is the same as another device that I have connected to the network and here lies the problem. It appears the bug in the adapter is that it chooses the same IP as another device which simply wont work. Change the last number to '200' and complete the manual set up. Select 'No' to proxy server and my TV worked fine. I would like to claim the credit for working this out however I found it by research on the internet, as others have identified this solution.
Connectivity is great, HD movies work great, however from my experience that is more to do with your bandwidth than either the TV or the adapter.
Didnt have to contact Netgear so cant comment on their customer service.
Have given the product 4 stars as I think Netgear show pretty poor respect for their customers with the instructions being so poor.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Phil, 12 Nov. 2007
Just bought these boots in beige. Boots look great, and look like they will last especially the sole. My only gripe is that you have to wear thick socks or these boots rub, and I mean rub. Had blisters on the back of each foot within 30 minutes of wearing them. Im size ten. The nine was to small, but the ten appears a touch big hence the thick socks. Hopefully they will wear in and the blisters will stop!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2009 9:06 AM GMT