Profile for JE Henderson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub
Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by Hedgehogs and Birds !, 21 Jun. 2015
I buy these mealworms for the Hedgehogs that visit my garden every night. They absolutely love them and sit there munching away on them for ages. If any are leftover in the morning, the wild birds polish the rest off, so there is absolutely no waste. I did try putting some dog food out for the Hedgehogs as well, but they didn't touch it, so I gave up on that and continued with the mealworms. Highly recommended for Hedgehogs and birds !

Dorwest Oatmeal Shampoo, 500 ml
Dorwest Oatmeal Shampoo, 500 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling White !!, 21 Jun. 2015
I have just bathed my 2 white dogs (Boxer and a Clumber Spaniel) with this shampoo and it is lovely. They are both sparkling white and it works into a lovely lather. The shampoo is gentle and hypo allergenic, with no nasty chemicals and is kind to the skin. My dogs loved their baths and are now both silky soft and my Clumber has gone all 'fluffy' ! I would highly recommend this shampoo for dogs. The bottle I used today was purchased directly from Dorwest Herbs, but now it is available on Amazon, I will purchase my next bottle from here.

Allergy-X Capsules for Dogs
Allergy-X Capsules for Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product !, 7 Jun. 2015
I previously used the biscuit version of these, before they replaced the biscuits with these capsules. My Boxer dog has previously had problems with his ears (infections, very dirty, etc), particularly in the spring/summer months, before I began to use the Allergy-X, 2 years ago. Since I have been using Allergy-X his ears have been clear and he has not had one problem since. The first packet of these capsules, I purchased directly from Paddocks Farm Partnership, as they were not on Amazon at the time. I have just purchased my 2nd packet from Amazon, as it works out a bit cheaper on here. I think that these capsules are stronger and more potent than the biscuits, so I feel that they will do an even better job than the biscuits did (even though the biscuits were excellent). My Boxer has an all round herbal supplement mixed with natural yogurt on daily basis, so I break the capsule and pour the contents in with this once a day (he has one capsule a day) and he loves it. The smell is very garlicy and strong, so if you think that your dog will not like it given in this way, you can always give the capsule whole in their food. Allergy-X is brilliant and very gentle on the dogs system. I try to use herbal/natural products in the first instance to solve a problem, rather than rushing to the vets. If for some reason the herbal/natural way does not work (which is very very rare !), it is only then that I go to the vets. I also feed my dogs a RAW diet now (only changed to RAW, 2 months ago), which I feel also helps with preventing health problems.

JustIngredients Essential Fairtrade Organic Ground Ginger Loose 500 g
JustIngredients Essential Fairtrade Organic Ground Ginger Loose 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Ginger !, 6 April 2015
I bought this ginger, after having a problem with 2 bags of the usual ginger I buy (I think it may have been a bad batch). This ginger is very nice and tastes and smells as ginger should. I have it in my coffee every morning for health benefits. I will definitely buy this ginger again (although a 500 gram bag lasts for months!) and being fairtrade is a bonus. Highly recommended.

Harringtons Complete Cat Food Salmon with Rice 2 Kg (Pack of 4)
Harringtons Complete Cat Food Salmon with Rice 2 Kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Cat Food !, 29 Mar. 2015
My sister uses this food for her cat. She changed her onto Harringtons from a much more well known dry food, which is not such good quality as Harringtons, but which in price is virtually the same. Since the change, she has noticed that her cats toilet habits are much better and firmer, her coat is much more shiny and she also doesn't seem to be as hungry as she was before, so is eating less and really seems to like the food. She has said that her cat seems much healthier in general and would definitely recommend this food to others. Harringtons food contains no colourants, or nasty preservatives and for a lower cost food, is very good quality and value for money. Highly recommended.

Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg.
Peckish Complete All Seasons 12.75kg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Wild Bird Food !, 29 Mar. 2015
My garden backs on to hedgerows and fields, so there do tend to be a variety of birds about, but since I have been putting out this food in the bird feeders and on a bird table, I have seen a lot more birds coming to my garden. The food has attracted robins, wrens, loads of sparrows and starlings, chaffinches, blue tits, great tits, blackbirds, thrushes, ring necked doves and pigeons. This food is eaten really quickly and I fill the feeders about every 1 to 2 days. The much larger birds hoover up any food that spills, so it all goes. This food is very popular with the birds and also seems to be of a much better quality and more natural than many other wild bird foods on the market (some of which contain food colourings - why ??), so I will continue to buy this food for the wild birds and would recommend it to others.

Update: This food has now attracted Reed Buntings to the feeders and now Magpies to the bird table !

Greenscape Organic Natural APPLE, Carrot & Oat Milk Hand & Nail Cream 300ml
Greenscape Organic Natural APPLE, Carrot & Oat Milk Hand & Nail Cream 300ml

2.0 out of 5 stars I ordered this hand cream, as it is organic ..., 28 Feb. 2015
I ordered this hand cream, as it is organic and natural. However, it does not seem to touch my very dry hands and actually makes them sting and feel irritated. I have not used much of it and have now stopped using it completely. I would not purchase this again, based on my negative experience of using it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars My dogs do seem to like this food as a treat and I do think ..., 4 Jan. 2015
I bought this food when my Spaniel was off her food for a short time, due to a false pregnancy, to try to entice her to eat. She didn't eat the food at the time, however, since she has been eating properly again, she has eaten it as a treat a couple of times, along with my Boxer (I'm using it this way, as this is not their normal food and I am trying to use it up). I feel that this food is ok, as it is made in this country and is made of natural ingredients. However, in my opinion there is too much rice and not enough meat and vegetables in the mix, to use as a balanced diet for my dogs. There is only one or two types of vegetables used and I think that more variety could be included and more meat/egg used in the product. My dogs do seem to like this food as a treat and I do think that the Egg variety is a good idea. In my opinion, a fairly good product, but not enough meat/egg and vegetable variety for my dogs, but ok as a treat.

Lubrithal Eye Gel
Lubrithal Eye Gel
Offered by Animal Dispensaries

5.0 out of 5 stars I find it very good for keeping his eyes from drying out and it ..., 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lubrithal Eye Gel
I have used Lubrithal Eye Gel for my Boxer for quite a few years now. I find it very good for keeping his eyes from drying out and it suits him very well. I use it twice a day for him and he is quite happy to sit while I administer it to his eyes. I will continue to use this for him and being a non prescription medication, if you shop a round you will find it cheaper than at the vets.

Adults Newbury Riding Gloves - Small - Black
Adults Newbury Riding Gloves - Small - Black
Offered by Mad 4 Ponies

5.0 out of 5 stars She was very happy with them, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Newbury gloves (Misc.)
I bought these gloves for my 9 year old niece, for riding. They are a little big, but not too much. She was very happy with them. I had also bought a pair for myself in large and they are very comfortable, warm and you can feel the reins properly through them. They wash well and have not started to fall apart in any way. I would recommend these gloves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5