Profile for JE Henderson > Reviews

Billy No Mates Herbal Mix for Cats and Dogs 300g
Billy No Mates Herbal Mix for Cats and Dogs 300g
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended as a Tick Preventative !, 28 Jun. 2016
I bought this for my 2 dogs, as in previous years, we have had a problem with Ticks. I had high hopes that this would prevent my dogs from attracting them, or if they did attach, they would soon let go again - my mistake !! Billy No Mates does not in anyway, shape or form prevent Ticks from attaching or staying attached to dogs. I have pulled no end of them off my Spaniel, despite having used the Billy No Mates for at least 3 or 4 months - in fact it seems to be making her more appealing to them and my other dog, a Boxer, has had more than he usually does at this time of year. I will finish the tub that I am using, as there is very little left and then I shall not be purchasing this again. I would certainly not recommend this as a preventative for Ticks. I have never had a problem with my dogs having fleas, so cannot really comment on them. Sadly, not recommended for its purpose.

Update: Still finishing off tub at recommended dose and STILL REMOVING TICKS FROM MY DOGS !! I have now found another herbal Tick and Flea supplement, so will try that, with hopefully better results than Billy No Mates !!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2016 4:29 PM BST

453 g Organic Turmeric Root Powder by Organic Wise, Minimum 6.5% Curcumin Content. Certified EU Organic and Packed in the USA,Resealable Pouch
Offered by OrganicWise

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Turmeric, 1 Jun. 2016
I have just started using this Turmeric, after finishing my last pack from a different supplier. This Turmeric is really nice and smooth, compared to my previous one and is a lot less 'clumpy'. It has a smoother flavour and is not as bitter. I also give Turmeric to my dogs, for the health benefits and this one in particular caught my eye, as it has 6.5% curcumin content rather than that usual 2-3% that you usually find. I will definitely continue to buy this brand (at the moment the supplier has nothing for sale on Amazon UK), so long as I can buy it and would highly recommend it compared to other brands. Hopefully they will start selling it on Amazon UK again soon !

JustIngredients Essential Rosehip Powder 1 Kg
JustIngredients Essential Rosehip Powder 1 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars I add some to their dinners twice daily and they seem to love it. It also helps with any pain or ..., 9 Mar. 2016
I am using this to supplement my 2 dogs Raw Feeding regime, as Rosehips are full of vitamin C and goodness. I add some to their dinners twice daily and they seem to love it. It also helps with any pain or stiffness that one of my dogs has at the moment (more so in damp or cold weather), as he tore his cruciate ligament late last year and it is still healing (they take months to heal properly) and he is an older dog, at 9 years. He is also having hydrotherapy and other natural remedies/supplements to help with his healing. I also use the rosehip powder myself added to cereals. The rosehip powder has a nice subtle smell and is very fine. Highly recommended for both humans and dogs !

Lifeplan Sea Kelp 400mg 280 Tablets
Lifeplan Sea Kelp 400mg 280 Tablets
Offered by Maximum Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended !, 20 Dec. 2015
I decided to take these Kelp tablets for a few reasons. Earlier in the year, my hair was really shedding badly and had started to feel thin, although it is very long, and I do not know why. Also, I always felt really tired. I give kelp to my dogs (Hilton Herbs), so knew that it was good for the thyroid, skin, hair, nails, etc and thought why not try it myself. The dosage for these is 2 tablets a day, but being cautious I decided to only take one a day to begin with. I started one tablet a day back at the beginning of October, so have been taking them for just over 2 months. My hair has started to grow properly again and definitely feels thicker. I can see where the new hair is growing through, as I now have a shorter length of hair on top of my existing long hair ! I also do not feel anywhere near as tired as I did, so these tablets are definitely helping me and only on one a day. I am now considering taking the recommended 2 tablets a day, now that my body has adjusted to them, so I will be hoping for even better results - hopefully !

Verm-X  Dog Crunchies, 1.3 Kg
Verm-X Dog Crunchies, 1.3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars The natural way to go ..., 20 Dec. 2015
I have been using these for my 2 dogs for about 3 years now. They really love them and have them daily as their lunchtime treat. I have never had a problem with worms since I started using Verm-x and love that this is a natural way to prevent and treat 'intestinal challenges', without the need to use chemical wormers. One of my dogs would go off her food after using a chemical wormer and I realised this after the second time it happened. Since using Verm-x she has not had a problem. I prefer to use natural remedies, rather than pump my dogs full of chemicals, which so many vets promote and un-knowing people do. I highly recommend Verm-x as a natural treatment for worms and intestinal challenges.

Spirited Horse Calendar
Spirited Horse Calendar
by Inc Sellers Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful calendar !, 20 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Spirited Horse Calendar (Calendar)
Such a lovely calendar, beautiful pictures and comments with each month of the year. Perfect for a horsey person. I am really glad that I chose this calendar for 2016 :)

Denes Arnica, 15 ml
Denes Arnica, 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Arnica for Cruciate Ligament Recovery, 20 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Denes Arnica, 15 ml (Misc.)
I am using this to help my Boxer recover from a Cruciate Ligament injury, alongside rest, careful walking exercises and other natural supplements. However, I have found that using this twice daily really helps him and he seems a lot more comfortable since using it. I am being very careful not to let him jump, run or play with my other dog (which is not easy with a lot of dogs, but being a Boxer, he is very lively, even at the age of 9 ) ! The vet has said that it is a partial tear, as the x-rays showed a small amount of fluid on his knee and he is weight bearing on it, but does favour it. Ligament injuries take months to heal and careful diet (he is on a Raw diet) and management have to be applied. I do not want him to have surgery, partly due to his age and also the fact that the body can heal itself, if given the chance ! I have researched everything that needs to be done in order for this to happen (including supplements, pain relief and physical therapy), but I am also aware that it is not a 'quick fix' (neither is surgery, which some people think it is) and slow progress is good and is still progress - it just takes time :) I am using Arnica, as I am not happy using anti-inflammatories from the vets (I was going to use them for 10 days after it happened, but after only taking 4 tablets, over 4 days, he went off his food, so this strengthened my reasoning for not using them - I did not give him anymore and his appetite returned), and so long as they are carefully chosen, natural remedies can be just as effective !

Natural Dog Food
Natural Dog Food
by Susanne Reinerth

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Hesitate - Buy this Book, an abolute MUST READ for RAW Feeding Dogs !!, 16 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Natural Dog Food (Paperback)
I already feed my dogs a RAW Diet, but bought this book, as I am always trying to find out more information. This book is probably the best one I have EVER come across for Raw Feeding Dogs. It explains absolutely everything you need to know about how to go about feeding your dog a Raw Diet, including what meats, bones, vegetables, herbs, oils, grains (including why grains are not a natural part of a dogs diet and the problems they can cause), fruits, supplements, calcium etc, to use and what not to use. It explains about the digestive system of the dog and why a Raw Diet is the best thing for it and how much food to feed your dog. It also has an excellent section on Worms and De-worming (including why chemical wormers can cause problems with dogs and natural de-wormers that can be used effectively in their place). Like many people, I do not have the time to prepare a Raw Diet from scratch for my dogs, so I use 'Natural Instinct' frozen prepared RAW food for mine and use 'Verm-x' natural intestinal challenge products for dogs. There are also a number of other RAW Frozen Dog Food Companies (for example, Nutriment, Natures Menu, Honey's, amongst many others), and also other prepared natural worming products on the market. In my opinion, there is no excuse for not feeding your dog a RAW Diet, because whether you have lots of time or not, there are different options available. This book is an absolute must read, whether you would like to prepare your dogs meals from scratch, or purchase pre-prepared (including bone) frozen food from a reputable company, as the information provided is excellent and will really open your eyes to how to keep your dog healthy, happy and with fewer vet visits. Feeding a RAW Diet is in my opinion the best thing you can do for your dog and not much different in price to feeding a processed diet, so why hesitate - take the plunge like I did (it took me long enough to psyche myself up to doing it !), I only wish that I had done it sooner !

Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub
Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by Hedgehogs and Birds !, 21 Jun. 2015
I buy these mealworms for the Hedgehogs that visit my garden every night. They absolutely love them and sit there munching away on them for ages. If any are leftover in the morning, the wild birds polish the rest off, so there is absolutely no waste. I did try putting some dog food out for the Hedgehogs as well, but they didn't touch it, so I gave up on that and continued with the mealworms. Highly recommended for Hedgehogs and birds !

Dorwest Oatmeal Shampoo, 500 ml
Dorwest Oatmeal Shampoo, 500 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling White !!, 21 Jun. 2015
I have just bathed my 2 white dogs (Boxer and a Clumber Spaniel) with this shampoo and it is lovely. They are both sparkling white and it works into a lovely lather. The shampoo is gentle and hypo allergenic, with no nasty chemicals and is kind to the skin. My dogs loved their baths and are now both silky soft and my Clumber has gone all 'fluffy' ! I would highly recommend this shampoo for dogs. The bottle I used today was purchased directly from Dorwest Herbs, but now it is available on Amazon, I will purchase my next bottle from here.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6