Profile for ZazzMan > Reviews

Content by ZazzMan

ZazzMan

BiC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen - Black, Box of 12
BiC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen - Black, Box of 12

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure if this works for women, but it works for me!, 27 Aug. 2012
I went to buy my girlfriend some tampons. Simple, right?

Well, I mistakenly bought these pens instead. They were in the "feminine products" section, afterall! Well, she also mistook them for tampons...

After I finished cowering from her fit of rage, wherein a bloody pen flew at my head, I decided to make the best of it and use the other pens myself.

I simply couldn't get them to work. Every time I tried to write, all that came out was flowery poetry about the tyranny of the male gender (awkward, being a male), and my resentments against Patriarchal marketing trying to capitalize upon the feminine identity by perpetuating stereotypes.

It has been a terrible, tearful day. After a half gallon of rocky road ice cream, I tried writing again. This time, all I got was a manifesto on gender equality and the evils of marketing.

Finally, I tried holding a male pen in my non-dominant hand to counteract the influence of this product. This produced mixed results; on the one hand, I now have baby pens and am a Harlequinn Romance author on the fast track to being published. On the other, every last shred of my dignity, identity, and concept of my gender have been completely destroyed. After the therapy and commercial book sales, I suppose I break even.

I can't justify giving this a five star review, since I don't know how well the product works for women. However, I cannot justify giving a it a one star review after this life changing experience, but mostly because it isn't marketed towards me. So, I give it three stars!