Profile for sammystar > Reviews

Content by sammystar

sammystar

SKAGEN Leonora Womens Quartz Watch with Silver Dial and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 456SSS
Offered by Authentic Hour EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!!!, 8 Aug. 2016
Watch arrived very quickly via standard delivery - wasn't expecting it for a few more days. I had seen some Skagen watches in the jewellery shops on holiday abroad but checked the price on Amazon and ordered one as soon as I came home as they were half the price. Ummed and ahhed over which one to buy and finally decided on this one with the wavy bezel but wasn't sure I am totally happy with my choice, it looks even nicer on - catches the light without being too blingy and looks expensive - a lovely day or evening watch. Sits perfectly on my wrist and found altering the size very easy - no problems with the fastening either. At this price go ahead and treat yourself !!

Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: A Complete Guide To Achieving Normal Blood Sugars, 4th Edition
by Dr Richard K. Bernstein

5.0 out of 5 stars At last someone who makes sense about Diabetes., 2 Dec. 2014
The current diabetes bible - I am still getting through this book and think that I will be re reading it and constantly referring back as there is so much advice and information to get through !! I have spoken to my diabetes care team at my local hospital about this, interestingly nursing staff are more open to Dr Bernsteins' ideas but doctors/consultants had closed minds, had not heard of him, hadn't read the book and were frankly uninterested. However in five or so years time perhaps they will slowly begin to open their minds but if you are diabetic you need to read this and act now. Some things in the book are a little confusing - how I wish I could see a Dr Bernstein and have him personally help me to manage my diabetes - sadly my own hospital doctor is not interested in helping me at all ! The diet is quite severe at first and takes a bit of time to adjust to but this book has given me hope and new found self discipline. I had previously almost 'given up', I was disillusioned with the lack of help and support other than checking my blood tests every 6 months- hospital visits often feel like a waste of time.If you are diabetic or know someone who is , tell them about it or buy it - it's a 'must' read.

niceEshop(TM) Blue Lilo and Stitch with Movable Ears Silicone Rubber Soft Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV i9500 +Screen Protector

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought this stitch case hoping it would look exactly like the picture but it did not. It's it doesn't look like stitch at all. Also the ears fall off very quickly and it doesn't offer much protection to the actual phone. On top of that it took a very long time to come. Overall I was disappointed that it took so long to come and it was terrible, I would definitely suggest buying a different stitch case! :( x

Trespass Ladies Ladna Long Length Down Jacket Coat Black
Trespass Ladies Ladna Long Length Down Jacket Coat Black

3.0 out of 5 stars NIce warm coat, 16 Mar. 2013
I like the coat but I have a couple of niggles - the hood does not sit well on the coat and looks messy. It also doesn't stay on the head very well. The zip can be tricky to do up, it can tend to get stuck as the material/placket at the side of it is too narrow. It takes a certain technique of holding the placket down whilst pulling up the zip which can be a pain. Have not noticed a problem with feathers escaping yet though.

Lotus Women's Arlington Tan Fur Trimmed Boots 4886 5 UK
Lotus Women's Arlington Tan Fur Trimmed Boots 4886 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice leather boots, 16 Mar. 2013
Nice soft leather, usually a size 6 but read reviews and sized down to a 5 - glad I did

Cosipet Quilted Step in Suit, 14-inch/ 35 cm, Navy
Cosipet Quilted Step in Suit, 14-inch/ 35 cm, Navy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good valie coat, 16 Mar. 2013
Good fit and size for my bichon frise, looks smart. Would have liked a bit more coverage on her tummy to stop her getting wet as it stops short after her chest.

Betula by Birkenstock Women's Lene Silver Slides Sandal 55353 6 UK, 39 EU
Betula by Birkenstock Women's Lene Silver Slides Sandal 55353 6 UK, 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - very pleased!, 26 Aug. 2012
Ordered theses to wear on holiday, arrived very quickly and were exactly as decribed. I have subsequently worn them to death prior to the holiday and during! They are very pretty so can be worn casually or out in the evenings for low key holiday evenings and they were very comfortable, did not need to 'wear' them in. I am very pleases with this purchase and would highly recommend - great quality !

Fossil Ladies Multi-Eye Analogue Stella Watch Es2860
Fossil Ladies Multi-Eye Analogue Stella Watch Es2860

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous purchase at a great price!, 12 Jan. 2012
Lovely watch - well made, classic, with just a touch of bling. Currently on sale in the Fossil shops at a higher price. Ordered on supersave delivery and arrived very quickly. Love Fossil watches as they are such good quality and last for years - delighted !