Profile for Andy > Reviews

Brynhildr In The Darkness - Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Risa Taneda

3.0 out of 5 stars Elfin Lied Wannbe ...., 12 July 2016
Elfin Wannabe basically :/

IF you have seen Elfin Lied then this is *kinda* a remake .... I say that because the plots are so similar they are hard to tell apart at times - even down to the fanboy service (which is uncalled for IMHO). Yes, there is some minor gore but this series isn't one to remember - it just doesn't stand out unlike Elfin.

Jumbo Desktop Calculator 8 Digit Large Button School Home Office Battery Solar Shopmonk
Offered by Nubiru

1.0 out of 5 stars Turns Itself Off!!, 18 May 2016
What a piece of garbage!!!! Yes the feel is nice and the buttons are large BUT all of that is irrelevant if the damn thing keeps turning itself off mid-sum!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 29 April 2015
i cannot rate this weather machine high enough. I've had similar priced ones by Scientific Oregon and the likes, and been disappointed by the ridiculous lengths you always have to go to during the set-up, but was so simple my 67yr old technophobe mother understood it clearly!!

Yes, it would be nice if the rain gauge was part of the included package, and yes, it would be fabulous if there was an anonometer too, but there isn't. Having said that, once you realise just what the external module are reading beside the temperature, you are in awe of this smart bit of kit.

Another plus is that users of a certain smartphone weather app (weather pro by meteo group) can link in their netamo station as soon as it's running!!

GSF17 - Global Peeling Knife - 6cm
GSF17 - Global Peeling Knife - 6cm
Offered by BEST VALUES

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Peeler, 7 Dec. 2014
This will be the second of these I have owned (the first met with an unfortunate end while I was cutting up a cauliflower and my dog barked at the doorbell).

I have in the past used it for everything from peeling the spuds and fruit to getting the 'paper' off raw garlic cloves, and then cutting mushrooms evenly, or adding carrots to a stew. It IS a perfect knife for fruit and veg, and I would be lost without it as I like to draw the blade to my thumb when cutting them, but thanks to the curve that means no more annoying nicks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another xbox one external hd user., 5 Sept. 2014
I can't fault this drive or really praise it (no need to use it in conjunction with my xbox one yet) but I can add that you do need to place the USB at the front of the console, and do not connect it until after you are in the system > storage section or it gets ignored by the one - daft but true!

Turtle Beach XO7 Headset (Xbox One)
Turtle Beach XO7 Headset (Xbox One)
Offered by Game's Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!!!!!!!, 25 Mar. 2014
I was unsure about spending so much on a pair of headphones, and then checked out a number of videos on YouTube. At first I was happy to wait for an adaptor for my X31's, but as I thought long and hard about it, I realised that every time I wanted to swap them from the 360 to the One I would have to faff about with the USB ports on both and didn't want to take any risks on such a delicate port or ultimately with a £400 or £200 piece of kit - it just was worth it and hence my purchase.

After playing a couple of FPS games (Titanfall and COD) with the XO7's I have no real complaints. Unlike TB's on the 360 they don't deafen you with the game volume, and yes despite the update there is still a click that be heard by people in party chat when you are scrolling menus, but this is petty stuff. The build quality is great and the soft foam plus leatherette covering on the headphones makes all the difference if you play for any length of time (hugging your ears instead of crushing them like other models can for the 360). OK, so there is no way to tweek the treble or bass as you would on even basic Turtle Beach headsets for the 360, but do you need to? The sound from these is soo crisp it is just great.

I would recommend these to anybody who like myself plays way too long in FPS and RPG games where hearing what is coming around the next corner can be of great import.

Turboflame - Delta Twin Laser Jet V Flame Lighter
Turboflame - Delta Twin Laser Jet V Flame Lighter
Offered by willy banjo ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste Of Money!, 25 Mar. 2014
I have made the mistake of buying these a number of times at camping stores.

They are NOT wind proof, and if you are lucky enough to get one that does refill, then when you use it watch your fingers (or nose if you are a smoker) because the flame is 2-3 times more powerful than other turbo flame lighters I have used in the past.

Nightwalker Collection [DVD]
Nightwalker Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yutaka Kagawa
Offered by joe4books

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor!, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nightwalker Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I have NO idea when this collection was made, but the animation is TERRIBLE. At best scenes are reminiscent of 1980s hand-drawn cell animation, but there isnt the usual detailed ending titles you got with shows that those had in the past.

The characters are all rather *lame* as well - formulaic even :o(
- there is the gidy teenaged girl who needs saving and has a crush on the male leed
- the older (30-something) hottie who seems to have all the answers
- the leed character who is on a mission to eliminate all creatures of the night
- the numerous baddies that drop like flies
- the mysterious uber-baddy who repeatedly slinks in and out of the shadows
- the 'thick' policemen who have their own agenda regarding the creatures of the night

This series just SUCKS!

I am a massive fan of anime and have going on for 200 DVDs now, but this is one of only a couple that I just couldnt finish watching because it was so poor :o(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2015 6:18 PM GMT

Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim: Official Game Guide
Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim: Official Game Guide
by David S. J. Hodgson

5.0 out of 5 stars AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM, 26 Nov. 2011
When playing the ultimate sandbox RPG, you do need to look at a guide from time to time when playing at harder levels, or trying complete 'everything'. The GBP (£) is doing well against the USD ($) so pay a trip to Amazon.com and then wait a bit for the shipping (thats where you can get stung so be careful).

Why Amazon.co.uk has never had this guide listed other that through vendors I dont know, but it clearly is out there
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2011 9:06 AM GMT

3.0 out of 5 stars Definately a T-SHIRT with a hood!!, 26 Nov. 2011
When I ordered this item I was overjoyed to finally find something in my size that had the MANGA logo on it (as I buy loads of anime). BUT when I opened the packaging I was reminded that I had bought a "hooded t-shirt" as listed by Amazon, and not a hoodie as we are used to them in the UK. I suppose we just aren't accustomed to seeing these, and it is rather thin so read the washing intructions carefully or your kids might have it off you in no time LOL

In the meantime, it will be geat for wearing over some rather old plain sweatshirts I have this winter, and should it survive to the summer then I'll wear it with pride <G>

Page: 1 | 2 | 3