Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Grandmasue > Reviews

Content by Grandmasue

Grandmasue

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
That One May Smile: A Garda West Novel (Garda West Crime Novels Book 1)
That One May Smile: A Garda West Novel (Garda West Crime Novels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping tale., 30 Jan. 2017
I enjoyed this whodunit with its twists and turns, but the romance hinted at between the Garda detective and a possible suspect seemed a little farfetched. That aside, I found myself reading late into the night to find out what happens next, and I will be buying the next book in the series.
Definitely not good if you're squeamish, but a good page turner for everyone else.

Death And The Good Son: a DI Dan Hellier case
Death And The Good Son: a DI Dan Hellier case

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 21 Jan. 2017
I read the first book in the series in one day and wanted to know what happened next. Death and the good Son carries on from where the first story ended. There are references to the earlier story, but you would be able to read this one on its own if you wanted. I don't want to spoil it for readers, so will not go too much into the story. The team of detectives find themselves having to manage two different cases at the same time with Dan Helliyer leading on both. The twists and turns of the two cause much anguish for him and his colleague Sally. I didn't guess how it would end until the last few chapters, and even then, the details were satisfying.
I thoroughly enjoyed both these books and look forward to seeing what comes next. I am sure that Dan will return and I expect his love life will be a feature. I couldn't sleep until I had finished the book, always a good sign!

Betron Blade Runner / Light Saber Style LED Umbrella with Torch (Black)
Betron Blade Runner / Light Saber Style LED Umbrella with Torch (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present!, 28 Dec. 2016
The umbrella (henceforth referred to as the light sabre) was bought as a Christmas present for my daughter's partner. He was delighted when he opened it and loved the way he could change the colour of the light. It was a huge success!
The light sabre arrived promptly and was well packaged. We had no need to contact the seller. I have no complaints, and I think it was a great gift for a Star Wars fan of any age.

Homecoming
Homecoming

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Escapism, 4 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Homecoming (Kindle Edition)
If you're in the mood for a tale of the community of a small Dublin square, where lives entwine happily, this will be perfect!
Although there is drama and sadness in the characters' lives, you know that it will all work out in the end. That's not to say that the characters are not well-drawn because they are believable, but that their stories lead you to be given lessons for leading your life. In the process you wonder how these neighbours will meet, and how they will share their secrets.
This is the sort of book to pass away a few evenings in hospital, or just tucked up away from a cold winter. It feels comforting.

Be My Baby (The House on Camden Square, Book 3)
Be My Baby (The House on Camden Square, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy ever after?, 27 Nov. 2016
In the third installment of Camden Square stories the emphasis is on Mollie. There are twists and turns as the story goes back and forth between London in the present and Badgeley 10 years ago. I won't spoil it for readers, except to say that we find out more about Mollie, Esme and Esme's father.
I didn't enjoy this installment as much as the previous two, but still stayed up till I finished it . if you liked the first two books, this one fills in the rest of the background.

Pitch Black: A Romantic Thriller (Blackwood Security Book 1)
Pitch Black: A Romantic Thriller (Blackwood Security Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Escapism!, 29 Oct. 2016
This is not my usual choice of fiction, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a mix of chicklit romance and fast paced thriller. I won't spoil it by giving you too many details, but the characters were engaging enough for me to want to buy the next installment. That says it all!

The Hope That Kills (A DI Fenchurch Novel Book 1)
The Hope That Kills (A DI Fenchurch Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty thriller., 3 Sept. 2016
I couldn't put this book down. I won't spoil it for you, but as the story twisted and turned I just wanted things to turn out well for DI Simon Fenchurch. As the body count went up, this became increasingly unlikely. Can't wait for the next book in the series.

The Secret: The gripping drama from the #1 Bestselling Author of The Letter
The Secret: The gripping drama from the #1 Bestselling Author of The Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book., 18 Aug. 2016
I enjoyed reading this story with its twists and turns. Partly set in 1976, with its long hot summer seeming very real, evoking the time very clearly, and partly set in modern Manchester. There are many twists and turns, but the author makes you really care about what happens to the characters. I won't spoil it for you, but you will be rooting for a kidney donor! If you haven't signed up as an organ donor yet, this book will make you ask yourself why not? Couldn't put this book down. Not my usual sort of book, but I am glad I picked it up!

A House for Happy Mothers: A Novel
A House for Happy Mothers: A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and thought provoking story., 22 May 2016
I was really engaged with the lives of the American couple who wanted the baby and of the surrogate mothers in India. I liked the way each chapter ends with a transcript from an online forum for people seeking surrogates in India. Well worth reading, and the characters are very believable.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected., 9 Dec. 2015
These refills do what you expect. They write beautifully with no scratchiness. They seem to run out quickly, but maybe I'm working very hard!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3