Profile for Grandmasue > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Battle of Wills
Battle of Wills

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 1 April 2017
This review is from: Battle of Wills (Kindle Edition)
I loved this story. It probably reflects very badly on my family, but the tensions between the two sisters in the story, uptight Megan and Bohemian Tory, during the last days of their Mother and stepfather, seem to be very familiar. Megan is always trying to work out if everything is divided up fairly, and sees unfairness everywhere. At times this appears like a Whitehall farce with twists and turns in the relationships between the two families, but I can imagine my sister in law behaving in similar ways to Megan.

CPAP Sleep Apnea Memory Foam Pillow LARGE
CPAP Sleep Apnea Memory Foam Pillow LARGE
Offered by Home & Cosy Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved sleep., 16 Mar. 2017
I received my pillow the day after I ordered it, in under 24 hours, so was very pleased with the service.
I have been using a CPAP machine for about 4 years and had no idea that these pillows existed. My problem with my machine was that when I turned over in bed the hose got stuck on my old pillow causing the mask to leak air from my face. This was making me wake up often during the night.
This pillow eliminates that problem. Is it perfect? No, but much better than my previous set-up.
I chose the large pillow because I have been sleeping on 2 pillows previously. This gives a similar height of pillow to 2 ordinary pillows.
The only negative is that the pillow is quite hard. I would also recommend that you buy a couple of the specially fitted pillow cases which are not included, and this adds to the huge expense of changing your pillow. If I had thought of it before I bought this, I would have experimented to see if turning your pillow 90 degrees might have the desired effect! As it is, this has given me a much better night's sleep than I was getting before and that is worth the outlay.

Mountain Warehouse Talus Womens Thermal High Wicking Base Layer LongJohns Baselayer Pants Trousers Purple 14
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy and warm!, 16 Mar. 2017
These longjohns arrived on time and were packed in their own small cardboard package in a plastic outer bag (not the insanely huge cardboard boxes that so many Amazon parcels are packed in these days!)
The longjohns themselves are made of a soft comfortable material, and the colour is great. I have multiple health issues and feel the cold very badly, so these are a welcome addition to my wardrobe. I bought these with the matching thermal top, and they appear to be exactly what I was looking for. The price was excellent too.

Random: A terrifying and highly inventive debut thriller
Random: A terrifying and highly inventive debut thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 3 Mar. 2017
I was gripped from the start. There were times when I found it hard to read the gory details of the murders committed by the serial killer at the centre of the novel, but I was gripped. I needed to know why and that information was dripped to the reader slowly, intertwined with the other story. It started to make sense in a twisted sort of way.
I would definitely recommend this book.

That One May Smile: A Garda West Novel (Garda West Crime Novels Book 1)
That One May Smile: A Garda West Novel (Garda West Crime Novels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping tale., 30 Jan. 2017
I enjoyed this whodunit with its twists and turns, but the romance hinted at between the Garda detective and a possible suspect seemed a little farfetched. That aside, I found myself reading late into the night to find out what happens next, and I will be buying the next book in the series.
Definitely not good if you're squeamish, but a good page turner for everyone else.

Death And The Good Son (a DI Dan Hellier case Book 2)
Death And The Good Son (a DI Dan Hellier case Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 21 Jan. 2017
I read the first book in the series in one day and wanted to know what happened next. Death and the good Son carries on from where the first story ended. There are references to the earlier story, but you would be able to read this one on its own if you wanted. I don't want to spoil it for readers, so will not go too much into the story. The team of detectives find themselves having to manage two different cases at the same time with Dan Helliyer leading on both. The twists and turns of the two cause much anguish for him and his colleague Sally. I didn't guess how it would end until the last few chapters, and even then, the details were satisfying.
I thoroughly enjoyed both these books and look forward to seeing what comes next. I am sure that Dan will return and I expect his love life will be a feature. I couldn't sleep until I had finished the book, always a good sign!

Betron Blade Runner / Light Saber Style LED Umbrella with Torch (Black)
Betron Blade Runner / Light Saber Style LED Umbrella with Torch (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present!, 28 Dec. 2016
The umbrella (henceforth referred to as the light sabre) was bought as a Christmas present for my daughter's partner. He was delighted when he opened it and loved the way he could change the colour of the light. It was a huge success!
The light sabre arrived promptly and was well packaged. We had no need to contact the seller. I have no complaints, and I think it was a great gift for a Star Wars fan of any age.

Homecoming
Homecoming

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Escapism, 4 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Homecoming (Kindle Edition)
If you're in the mood for a tale of the community of a small Dublin square, where lives entwine happily, this will be perfect!
Although there is drama and sadness in the characters' lives, you know that it will all work out in the end. That's not to say that the characters are not well-drawn because they are believable, but that their stories lead you to be given lessons for leading your life. In the process you wonder how these neighbours will meet, and how they will share their secrets.
This is the sort of book to pass away a few evenings in hospital, or just tucked up away from a cold winter. It feels comforting.

Be My Baby (The House on Camden Square, Book 3)
Be My Baby (The House on Camden Square, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy ever after?, 27 Nov. 2016
In the third installment of Camden Square stories the emphasis is on Mollie. There are twists and turns as the story goes back and forth between London in the present and Badgeley 10 years ago. I won't spoil it for readers, except to say that we find out more about Mollie, Esme and Esme's father.
I didn't enjoy this installment as much as the previous two, but still stayed up till I finished it . if you liked the first two books, this one fills in the rest of the background.

Pitch Black: A Romantic Thriller (Blackwood Security Book 1)
Pitch Black: A Romantic Thriller (Blackwood Security Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Escapism!, 29 Oct. 2016
This is not my usual choice of fiction, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a mix of chicklit romance and fast paced thriller. I won't spoil it by giving you too many details, but the characters were engaging enough for me to want to buy the next installment. That says it all!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3