Profile for Grandmasue > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I Am Watching You
I Am Watching You

5.0 out of 5 stars Plot twists kept me guessing till the end, 12 Sept. 2017
This review is from: I Am Watching You (Kindle Edition)
I was engrossed in this story from the very start.
It switches between different characters, telling the story in tiny steps, from the points of view of those characters.
A florist is getting anonymous postcards blaming her for not reporting concerns about two teenage girls who were on the same train as her.
Little by little we learn that one of the girls has gone missing, and all the various suspects are laid out for us. The florist hires a private detective to find out who is sending the cards. He has links with a detective on the case of the missing girl, so we are able to get inside information on the investigation.
The book is well written and the tension is kept up right till the end. I wept more than once during reading, but was completely gripped. I would highly recommend this book.

You Can't Make Old Friends (Brighton's No.1 Private Detective)
You Can't Make Old Friends (Brighton's No.1 Private Detective)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written., 30 Aug. 2017
This tale of the underworld in Brighton kept me turning the pages right till the end.
The eponymous private detective discovers the body of his old school friend and he is then involved in the drug dealing underworld. His police connections are difficult to believe, but then I don't know how these things work, so they may be entirely realistic.
There was the distinct feeling that we would find out more in future books, which is unsatisfactory for the reader, but probably very productive for the author because I want to read the next one now.

POLK, HARPER & WHO
POLK, HARPER & WHO

5.0 out of 5 stars A very strange story, 27 Aug. 2017
I am surprised by how much I enjoyed this story.
The main characters, Adam and Eva are married. We learn about their 10 year marriage, and their families.
Adam seems to be a lovely young man, whereas Eva was a difficult character. Her childhood may explain the reasons for this, and by the end of the book, she seems to be changing.
I think it reminds me of An Inspector Calls, by JB Priestly, and yet it is set in the present day. There are secrets in Eva's past that Adam only discovers after a visit from the police, but really that is the only similarity.

All the Little Children
All the Little Children

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 10 Aug. 2017
This is not my usual sort of book, but once I had started it, I was hooked. Two women take their children camping in Shropshire for the weekend. Then they notice that everything is different.
This tale of a deadly virus hitting the UK makes you wonder how you would react to such a situation. Would you stay put, living off looted food, or would you try to get help, leaving your children in safety while you hunted down the equipment you needed? Wouldn't you want to see if others had survived, or would you regard them as a potential source of infection? These questions are all explored.
There were times that I held my breath, willing Marlene to safety. There are tensions aired between the two sisters-in-law, and we get glimpses of their relationships with each other and with the men they married.
The book also relates the international response to the attitude of wealthy countries to the refugee crisis. What right do we have to be treated better than a Syrian refugee. An excellent first novel.

Bernat Small Acrylic Baby Sport Ball of Yarn, Baby Green
Bernat Small Acrylic Baby Sport Ball of Yarn, Baby Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 Jun. 2017
This is good value for money and has washed well. I bought it to knit a baby blanket for my friend's new grandson, and it has knitted up well.
It could not get 5 stars from me because it cannot measure up to more expensive brands, but it is very good for the price.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I have received brown ones. Not much use to me., 28 Jun. 2017
I'm not sure I have the right ones? I bought these as hypoallergenic electrodes, but what I have are not blue. I find them irritating, but not sure if they have to be blue to be hypoallergenic? I don't know if I can return them because I have opened one of the packets, but they aren't much use to me. I will have to donate them to my Pain Clinic.

Worth Killing For (A DI Fenchurch Novel Book 2)
Worth Killing For (A DI Fenchurch Novel Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up wanting to know what happened next., 28 Jun. 2017
I am enjoying this series of books, but did not enjoy this one as much as the first in the series. I suppose that may be inevitable: there is a certain amount of catch-up that irritated me.
I will still be buying the next in the series, so it shouldn't put you off too much.
There is a certain authenticity to the story: the places are real, and the procedures are based on reality, although Simon Fenchurch is not someone who follows the rules. I won't spoil the story by repeating it, but it certainly kept me up half the night wanting to know what happened next! If this was a TV series I'd be watching from behind a cushion.

Mens New Hampshire Faux Suede Fur Lined Moccasin Slippers Shoes Size 7-12 (10 UK, Bosworth Brown)
Offered by Koo-online

3.0 out of 5 stars Too shallow, 28 Jun. 2017
I bought these for my husband but had to return them as they are a bit tight across the top of his toes.
It is a shame because the slippers appear to be very good, with a nice lining, but his toes felt squashed.

KnitPro 3.75 mm Symfonie Interchangeable Normal Circular Needles, Multi-Color
KnitPro 3.75 mm Symfonie Interchangeable Normal Circular Needles, Multi-Color

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them!, 28 Jun. 2017
I have several other sizes of KnitPro interchangeable needles and I love them! I bought them for circular knitting, but have now started using them all the time. It makes knitting heavier items such as blankets much easier, as the weight rests in your lap rather than on the needles.
The needles themselves are smooth so nothing catches on the yarn. I just have to make sure they are securely joined to the cable at regular intervals to make sure they don't fall off mid-row. I just wish you made the very smallest size of needles so I could use these for sock knitting. I am slowly building up my collection.

DMC Natura Yarn, 100 percent cotton, Malva N31
DMC Natura Yarn, 100 percent cotton, Malva N31

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, 28 Jun. 2017
The yarn was a little difficult to work with at first. I kept splitting the thread by mistake. After a while I got used to it though, so maybe I am at fault. I did find a few knots in it, which spoilt the look of the lace shawl I was knitting, so I had to cut them out and join the yarn at the start of a row.
The colour is lovely, so I would use it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4