Profile for Marvel Man > Reviews

Content by Marvel Man

Marvel Man (Wakefield)

Page: 1 | 2
Can You Escape Prison Room 3?
Can You Escape Prison Room 3?

5.0 out of 5 stars annoying game, 30 Oct. 2015
Lots of tricky puzzles, graphics could be better

Township
Township

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite game!!, 7 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Township (App)
I absolutely love township, great graphics, plenty of activities to keep you busy and it just keeps growing. There's nothing to complicated about how to play and its simple to play without constant ploys to trap you into spending more money ....Fab game x

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Book 1)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 24 May 2015
Loved this book, Harry, Ron & Hermione are brilliant characters. Now can't wait to read next one. Chamber of secrets!!

Time To Escape
Time To Escape

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Time To Escape (App)
Easy to pick up, needs more levels, simple along same lines as other escape games. Would definitely pick up if free.

The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars addictive finding game with a twist, 20 Oct. 2013
If you like hidden object games this is great, loads of progression and levels to go at. Different modes keep the search interesting

Secret Invasion
Secret Invasion
by Brian M Bendis

4.0 out of 5 stars Game Changer, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Secret Invasion (Hardcover)
Wow. So many mixed reviews and which one to trust. Put basically this probably tells you more about this story in itself rather than the rest of my review.

Yes, the artwork is at times amazing and at others a bit strange. I can't imagine having read this without having read the New Avengers stuff first and I would recommend these books first. Whilst at the same time I can't imagine reading any of the Seige or Dark Reign material before reading this.

With this in mind I view this book in a similar way to Avengers Disassembled, in that this is also regularly criticised but equally regarded as a crucial milestone story that it pivotal to many other plot lines.

Overall, despite all the postering I enjoyed it...the scene between Thor and Ironman was a favourite.

Wolverine: Wolverine's Revenge
Wolverine: Wolverine's Revenge
by Jason Aaron

4.0 out of 5 stars An Unexpected Ending, 7 Jun. 2013
Having read the reviews I was somewhat dubious on whether I would enjoy the story line. This book is the Ending to Wolverine Goes to Hell and Wolverine vs the Xmen. The plot is discussed on the earlier thread and I would agree that at times the art work is a bit inconsistent.

However, on the whole I loved it....I thought the reveal was brilliant and I just didn't see it coming. In fact I had to flick back a few pages and re-read it....with this in mind I would say its a definite read even if perhaps at times you'll find yourself thinking "really?"

Prehistoric Park
Prehistoric Park

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, park building app, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Prehistoric Park (App)
I'm pretty new to city/ building apps but found this easy to pick up n play. Stuff unlocks as you go so no need to spend cash, would be better if there were some easy targets as you go instead of just as t accumulating achievements randomly but overall a lovely little time waster

Coin Dozer
Coin Dozer

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive little time waster, 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Coin Dozer (App)
Fun free app to kill a few spare minutes. Coins regenerate in between plays so no real need to spend any real cash. My 8 year old loves it too!

Official Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures (Xbox 360)
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, 7 Dec. 2010
Ok, believe everything (or possibly nothing) that you've heard about the Kinect. In a word it's "brill".

Let's start with some of the myths -
*Some doomsayers will tell you it impossible to set up. I had mine out of the box and playing the adventures game in under ten minutes. I know this as my wife walked to a nearby shop and back again and in that time I had sorted everything out.
*Some people will say that it recalibrates all the time....ok, from personal experience this is just not the case. Yeah sure when you are on one of the games and you step out of frame then the game pauses until you are back in (Joy Ride) but is this any different to when your pad runs out of battery life? You'll get used to it. My six year struggled initially but now understands the on screen prompts
*Space- I've got my Kinect to the side of my wall mounted TV and it works fine. Its probably optimal in the centre but I would say non-essential.

Some V small Niggles -
*I've had to reach for my pad a few times as I can't seem to work out how to move between the Kinect Hub and the Dashboard - I'm sure I'll work this one out
*The hand-timer - what I originally thought was quite cool is now a little annoying. Whenever you make a choice with your on screen hand you have to wait for a few seconds for the timer to turn eg. are you sure you want to select this? Maybe a thumbs up recognition would have been faster

Some Pretty Cool Stuff- (or why is this review a 5*)
*You feel like you are in the future of gaming/media. The voice recognition, face recognition and tracking are sublime. Ok, Minority Report it isn't but I bet within a few years we'll be there.
*Photo's - Ok you feel like an idiot doing most of the daft moves and its great to know you looked like one too. The Kinect takes pics of you every now and again when you are playing (easily disabled) but these are great for parties and keeping your kids entertained.

This has been a very short review but one where I hope I have encouraged you to consider buying a Kinect....enjoy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2010 10:52 PM GMT