Profile for Bucsa Oana Maria > Reviews

Content by Bucsa Oana Maria

Bucsa Oana Maria "Seasin" (Sofia, Bulgaria)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
When Calls the Heart (Canadian West Book #1)
When Calls the Heart (Canadian West Book #1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Was cheap, got what I paid for, 18 July 2013
Not terribly well written, to be fair fairly rubbish. No plot, a lot of bible touting, can't say I remembered what it was all about for more than 1 hour after I turned off my Kindle. I do remember though that it seemed to have no real end.

Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube - Classic Wooden Toy With 12 Shapes
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube - Classic Wooden Toy With 12 Shapes

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor finish on the wood, 18 May 2013
This item has never been sanded or treated so that the edges aren't sharp and shardy. A menace for little kids. My 9 months old still puts everything in his mouth as he's teething like crazy, and this toy can hurt him in so many ways I can't even begin to describe. I find this very poor quality-and I'm not talking about the educational use, which I'm sure is fine (and it's why we've bought it), but about the quality of the workmanship. I like buying wooden toys instead of gaudy plastic, but I have to say once I've bought two Melissa&Doug wooden toys (in the same order, so we had no warning about quality!), plastic can be safer! Frayed, shardy, sharp wooden edges are just too dangerous. Just a note, I've also bought a wooden toy from Galt and the finishing couldn't be more different. The toy is nice and smooth and feels perfectly safe.

MAM Bibetta Long Sleeved Ultra Bib Bubbles (Blue)
MAM Bibetta Long Sleeved Ultra Bib Bubbles (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 18 May 2013
This was a brilliant solution to protect my baby's clothes (he's on finger foods but also trying to spoon-feed himself so as any parent would know, mealtimes can be quite dooming for clothing), as not only he HATES bibs that go around the neck, but also they are woefully inadequate for the amount of mess he can produce.
My only gripe with this is that, as we live in a warm climate, baby can get quite hot in it at mealtime.

BEAUTIFUL BEGINNINGS Dome Tent Kids Play Toy House Outdoor Indoor Game
BEAUTIFUL BEGINNINGS Dome Tent Kids Play Toy House Outdoor Indoor Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 18 May 2013
My baby loves this tent. It was easy to set up, and although one of the supports (which are quite flimsy) broke on first assembly, it was easy enough to mend with some electrician's tape. For the price of this item, we'll get loads of enjoyment. Well worth the money.

Melissa & Doug Pets Sound Puzzle - Wooden Peg Puzzle With Sound Effects (8 pcs)
Melissa & Doug Pets Sound Puzzle - Wooden Peg Puzzle With Sound Effects (8 pcs)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with the finishing on this toy, 18 May 2013
It's the first time I buy Melissa&Doug wooden toys and I'm very disappointed with the quality of the finish on the wood. It seems whoever made the object has never heard of sanding wood to make sure there are no shards. This puzzle managed to deliver a nasty scratch on me as I was taking out of the package, there's no way this is safe for my child to play with. Also, the description on Amazon says "battery not included". Our postal carrier does not allow several items in our packages, one of which is batteries. Unfortunately this came WITH a battery-which I suppose most people would appreciate, for us it only caused trouble and delay in receiving the package. I've ordered another wooden toy from this brand with the same order, as well as a wooden Galt toy. The other Melissa&Doug is the same, very poor finish on the wood with sharp, shardy edges. The Galt is perfectly smooth and much safer for a small kid to play with. Unfortunately we live overseas so I can't return the item, needless to say I'll never buy one of their wooden toys again.

Great Tales From English History: Cheddar Man to DNA
Great Tales From English History: Cheddar Man to DNA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good synopsis, 3 May 2013
...Of some of the most important moments in English history. I enjoyed reading it and I'm sure it would be a good read for my son years from now, when he's in school.

Playing It Safe: Crazy Stories from the World of Britain's Health and Safety Regulations

2.0 out of 5 stars I expected something hilarious, 3 May 2013
...God knows the subject lends itself to expectations of great fun. However, this is just a collection of newspaper reports/articles, most of which are just trying to be "factual". It's at best dry, at worst dull.

The Help
The Help

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
Very well written, sometimes painful to read. It's sad to realize how few years ago that was the reality for millions of people in what claims to be one of the most civilized nations on Earth. What Man does to Man...

Clevamama Waterproof Mattress Protector Cot (60x120 cm) - Fitted, Brushed Cotton

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and soft, and indeed waterproof, but..., 14 April 2013
I'm not very happy with this product. The waterproof part of the sheet is as described, lovely and soft and indeed waterproof (as tested by my son the very first night I used it!) However, the fitted part that wraps arround the mattress is made from a flimsy net-type fabric, and one seam split during the very first wash. Not really durable. I certainly will look for another brand.

White Fitted Cot Sheets 100% Jersey Cotton 2 pack. 120 x 60
White Fitted Cot Sheets 100% Jersey Cotton 2 pack. 120 x 60

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality cot sheets, 14 April 2013
These arrived on time, were as described, wash beautifully. Exactly what I expected. I'll certainly buy again from this vendor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3