Profile for Steve > Reviews

The Perfect Season: Hawai'i 2007 WAC Champions
The Perfect Season: Hawai'i 2007 WAC Champions
by Honolulu Advertiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it,, 1 Oct. 2011
Really enjoyed the book and I have to say it gave me a better understanding of both the Coaches and more importnaly the People who are The Warriors of Hawaii.

Morbo: The Story of Spanish Football
Morbo: The Story of Spanish Football
by Phil Ball

3.0 out of 5 stars Puzzled, 1 Oct. 2011
Mr Ball kept me interested in all non Real-Barca related matter,he should have done his homework better on these two Giants of Spanish Football.There are a number of facts he got wrong and I ask him to look at the subjects from BOTH sides.The fact he also had called into account Jim Burns book "Barca"to add credence to his point also I felt was not necessary.I felt this was below him and he shouldn't have felt the urge to do so.I learnt alot about football in this Country through the pages which I hadn't read anywhere before.I look forward to the cross reference with other Authors on the subject.

Real Men Do Cry: A Quarterback's Inspiring Story of Tackling Depression and Surviving Suicide Loss
by Eric Hipple
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Real men do cry, 30 Nov. 2010
As a Detroit Lions fan I have a lasting image of Eric Hipple from a Photograph taken back in the 80s.Fast forward and I never thought I would be reading a book about the heartbreak this man felt.

It took his own son's suicide to open the door to his own inner self.laid bare he started to put back a man who was shattered long before his son's death.

Thankfully Eric it dealing with the effects the lost of Jeff had on his and his families life.
Steve