Profile for Graham Marsh > Reviews

Content by Graham Marsh

Graham Marsh (London, England)

Enter the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
by Theo Paphitis

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly entertaining and very intresting., 9 July 2008
This review is from: Enter the Dragon (Hardcover)
I began reading the first chapter whilst in a book store waiting for my girlfriend to get her books and pay.

From the first chapter I was drawn into the humor of Theo and appreciated his slightly wry look on things, having been a fan of his from the Dragons Den I immediately order the book and read it in less than two weeks.

The book chapters his life from a baby in Cyprus right through to the present where he is maintaining his multi million pound business empire.

When you follow the book through, you can see the step by step choices he made in his money making decisions and how he actually became a multi-millionaire despite being acutely Dyslexic.

All in all this book ticks two category's, one its a good read and two its a good learning tool.

My suggestion, buy this book.

Enjoy

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 8900 Total Care Rechargeable Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 8900 Total Care Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - Worth every penny!!, 16 Jun. 2008
I have had this toothbrush for just under a week and can honestly say that I wish I had listened to the dentist sooner.

Having not listened to my dentist I purchased her second choice suggestion which was a expensive Philips Sonicare. Even though it cleaned the teeth well enough, it is not even comparable to the sheer cleaning power of this product.

It trains you how to clean, it has different attachments included in the purchase price to help you get the best from it and it even stops if you push too hard on your teeth.

Get on and you will not be disappointed.

Database Design for Mere Mortals: A Hands-on Guide to Relational Database Design
by Michael J. Hernandez

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, why did I only just find out abou this book., 28 Nov. 2006
This book has potentially saved me from a rather unsuccessful 2nd year at university. Having come out of the first year with a few misconceptions on database modeling, I was struggling to get a coursework to actually work.

In stepped 'Database Design for Mere Mortals', it is clearly written explaining the concepts in a step by step method. The real talent of the author here is that he is able to take very complex ideas and processes and break them down into plain, simple, easy to understand English. In fact it has a certain 'having a chat about it with your mates' feel.

To summarise, it's simple, concise and extremely factual. You will be a DB wiz before you know it.

Why my Uni didn't put this on the reading list I will never know!

Salem Falls
Salem Falls
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb story, 5 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Salem Falls (Paperback)
This book was my first Picoult, and I read it only because someone left it at work. Simply put, the story works on many levels and captures you within the first two chapters. You spend most of the time second guessing yourself due to the cleverness of Picoult not giving too much information away at any one time. The book also deals with two sensitive subjects, student/teacher relationships and Rape, both of which are dealt with gently and in a unprejudiced way which just allows the reader to use the subjects to enhance their understanding of the characters .

This is a cleverly written book that is immensely enjoyable.

I am so into this author I have just brought 'My Sisters Keeper' which I am sure will be as engrossing as this one is.

Enjoy!!

The Other Side of the Dale
The Other Side of the Dale
by Gervase Phinn

5.0 out of 5 stars Gervase Phinn:- The Other Side of the Dale, 24 Mar. 2004
This book the first from School Inspector Gervase Phinn is a must for those who want a read that that urges you to turn the pages to see what happens next. Having read this book after my girlfriend, I can see now how she managed to go through it in a week. Gervase is a compeling story teller and, shows all to often how children can supprise us all in what they know and do. The only negative is that it ends to soon, so I recomend that you order all four and just go for it.
Brilliant, Gervase has created work that make reading a joy.

The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine
The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine
by Emperor of China Huang Ti

5.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Medicine, put simply. What a BRILLIANT idea., 12 April 2001
This book has helped me understand some of those principles which I hav'nt untill now been able to get my head round. Its simple layout, and simple language with annotation where needed, make this book a must for anyone who is interested in TCM or Chinese Philosophy. I am just embarking on a Degree in Acupunture, and this has been the most helpfull book to me. 10/10 no doubt.

Hybrid Theory
Hybrid Theory

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb can we have some more please, 22 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Hybrid Theory (Audio CD)
Limp Bizkit? Linkin Park? I have to say anyone you trys to compare the two are nuts. Linkin Park make a mature form of nu-metal or rock rap. Lets hope we can see more of it in the future.