Profile for N. Verity > Reviews

Content by N. Verity

N. Verity "nickelpic" (New York USA)

Micro Monsters with David Attenborough [DVD]
Micro Monsters with David Attenborough [DVD]
Offered by CannyStore-com

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but full of 'junk', 9 Dec. 2013
David Attenborough's name on a nature film usually means first rate entertainment and information. This, however, misses the mark. There are six episodes but each one is only 20 minutes; most episodes begin and end with 2 minutes of 'previously on...' and 'next time on...' so each episodes actually only 16 minutes of actually show. There is a 50 minute "making of" film as bonus material, but it hardly makes up for the short episodes. I wish I had read the reviews and also the fine print. This is kind of a rip off when you compare it to some other Attenborough titles.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2016 4:36 PM GMT

Bodies - Series 2 & Finale [DVD][2005]
Bodies - Series 2 & Finale [DVD][2005]
Dvd ~ Max Beesley

4.0 out of 5 stars BODIES Finale, 14 Oct. 2008
I was engrossed by (and a little bit grossed out by) BODIES, both Series 1 and 2. I watched episodes 1 - 5 of Series 2 all in one night! No hospitals for me, ever, thank you. My only gripe with the whole show was with the unsatisfying and underwritten Finale. In my opinion, they could have ended with episode 10 and I would have been happy.

The writers made wild changes to characters' attitudes, demeanors, sleeping partners, motivations, etc... with little or no supporting storyline. The writers relied too much on manufactured coincidence and not enough on real-life story building. It is almost as if they tried to cram a whole series worth of storyline into an hour and a half. It is really too bad because I had come to enjoy liking and hating certain characters during the regular series; by the end of the Finale, I had stopped caring. Donna Rix becomes a harridan; Whitman is needlessly emasculated, Polly is ineffectual and boring, do we really believe Roger is still practicing?, and even our suffering hero Rob is lifeless and transparent. Leave it alone.

Bottom Line: you can live without the Finale; watch Series 2, Episodes 1 -10, turn your DVD player off and be done with it.