Profile for Millie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Grafix Mug Makeovers Set of 2 Paint Your Own
Grafix Mug Makeovers Set of 2 Paint Your Own

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 20 Dec. 2015
Paints were dried and lumpy and impossible to paint with. Some colours had hardly any paint in. The mugs were dirty when I took them out the box, although this did wash off.

Oxford Reading Tree: Level 7: More Stories A: The Jigsaw Puzzle
Oxford Reading Tree: Level 7: More Stories A: The Jigsaw Puzzle
by Roderick Hunt

1.0 out of 5 stars not a suitable story for a five year old, 1 Jun. 2015
I am a great fan of Biff and Chip books. They are always a favourite in our family and it's a great reading scheme. But this story, about soldiers coming to a house to kill a child's father, was too frightening for my five year old. This was my child's reading book from school and although she is well capable of reading the words I don't think the story was suitable for her age.

Oxford Reading Tree Read With Biff, Chip, and Kipper: Secret of the Sands & Other Stories: Level 6 Phonics and First Stories
by Roderick Hunt

4.0 out of 5 stars Should tell you what books are included, 30 April 2015
Great books but it shouldn't be beyond the publisher to let you know what stories are included in these collections. We already have one and have read another. The books are: Gran's New Blue Shoes, Ice City, The Lost Voice, and Secrets of the Sands.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Arts & Crafts - Color Blast Princess Theme - Melissa & Doug
Arts & Crafts - Color Blast Princess Theme - Melissa & Doug
Offered by BuySend

3.0 out of 5 stars pen is running out, 21 Mar. 2015
This was a great gift for both my three year old and five year old. I would have given it five stars but they are less than half way through the book and the magic pen is running out. Disappointing!

I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the description made it sound!, 27 May 2014
Great fun! Kept me reading until late and made me laugh out loud! If you're new to this author give her a go!

Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom - Big Star Fun
Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom - Big Star Fun

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing game, 26 April 2014
I have been looking for a Ben and Holly game on Android as my four year old loves the show. This is such a disappointment. There are four games and they are all uninspiring and repetitive. Unlike many children's games there's nothing educational about them, which would be ok if they were at least fun.

Sometimes the characters seem to stick and you can't move them fast enough and lose a life. Also, when you enter your child's name you can only use six letters so longer names can't be entered.

I have bought Peppa Pig games from this developer and they are better. Considering Ben and Holly is aimed at slightly older children I think this game could have offered so much more. They really are just cashing in on the Ben and Holly brand.

The Complete Call the Midwife Stories: True Stories of the East End in the 1950s

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle puts the books in the wrong order, 26 Mar. 2014
Great books but make sure you read them in the right order. Read Call the Midwife then Sahdows of the Workhouse and then Farewell to the East End. The Kindle trilogy puts them in the wrong order. Surely this is a basic thing to get right?

Galt Toys Fairy Dressing Up Set
Galt Toys Fairy Dressing Up Set

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but the actual dolls aren't magnetic, 16 Feb. 2014
I bought these for my daughter to play with on her magnetic whiteboard. Unfortunately the actual dolls are only magnetic in so far as the clothes stick to them, the dolls themselves won't stick to the whiteboard. I've also had to superglue a few of the clothes back together even before they have been played with.

Crayola Dry Erase Washable Dry Erase Markers
Crayola Dry Erase Washable Dry Erase Markers

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy for a whiteboard, 16 Feb. 2014
I bought these for my daughter to use on her whiteboard. They are rubbish because they do not wipe off with whiteboard eraser. It's such a shame because they are lovely colours and a nice size. How can Crayola create a product that fails to do the very thing it is designed to do?! A complete waste of money. I went and bought some cheaper, adult ones from the supermarket and they work fine.

The Resolution
The Resolution

4.0 out of 5 stars try to read before the Mummyfesto, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Resolution (Kindle Edition)
I read this after I had read The Mummyfesto, which is a shame because really it is the prologue to that book. Definitely worth reading if you plan to read the longer book or want a taster of it. I give it four stars on the strength of The Mummyfesto.

It would be great if the publisher could include this at the start of The Mummyfesto so that no one misses out.

Page: 1 | 2