Profile for aivoryuk > Reviews

The Crystal Skull
by M.C. Scott
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Where was the ending?, 5 Nov. 2008
This book had a lot of promise especially with the entwined stories of past and present but the ending was a very big let down. You would think something involving the end of the world would be more dramatic but sadly in this book it's like a whimper instead of a bang.

The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope, Book 2) (Ben Hope 2)
The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope, Book 2) (Ben Hope 2)
by Scott Mariani

3.0 out of 5 stars A worthy read, 1 Nov. 2008
I pretty enjoyed this book it is well paced and quite easy to read and I can see this being made into a film because of the way it reads ( I believe this something the author does tend to go for). But there in lies it problem, there is not that much depth in the story and no real history/suspense in the conspiracy. The ending is a bit abrupt for my taste.
But still a worthy read

The Last Gospel
The Last Gospel
by David J. L. Gibbins

1.0 out of 5 stars Gibbens - Fast Paced Adventure - yeah right, 1 Nov. 2008
This review is from: The Last Gospel (Paperback)
I started reading this book on holiday over a 6 weeks ago and I still haven't finished.

Why?
Because I dread picking this book up because nothing has happened. When I first started reading this I thought it had promise with all the ancient history which I used to study. But seriously I got to about 200 pages in and I'm thinking nothing has happened in this book as it's to bothered talking other subjects of history rather than then title of the book.
I'm up to about 400 pages now and still nothing has happened.

Ever Changing Times
Ever Changing Times

2.0 out of 5 stars Below Average, 18 April 2008
This review is from: Ever Changing Times (Audio CD)
Being a massive Lukather fan and waiting for over a year for this release I have found this release to be very disappointing.
The main problem I find is that it lacks an identity and a consistency which can be found on his other solo releases. The album can't decide if it wants to be fresh young rock or more AOR and the combination doesn't really work.
Although tracks 1-6 are better than the rest, most of it is quite forgettable in terms of melody.

There are some great performances on the album although Lukathers voice has not aged well and suggest he see a throat specialist as there seems to be some constant rasp which I found off putting. Also the fact the album has not been crushed to death is a god send, it is very listenable from that point of view.

I'm still a big fan and will always support what he does but I don't think this is his best effort