Profile for Joules > Reviews

Content by Joules

Joules "Jay Woodman writer and total wellbeing consultant with profiles on Amazon and Goodreads and most other social media as Jay or Julia Woodman." (surrey, uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Andrographis Herb Andrographis paniculata Rooibos Tea Blend - Natural - Free Infuser - Makes 60+ Cups
Offered by Natural Herbal Health

2.0 out of 5 stars It may be fine and good for you, 14 Jan. 2016
It may be fine and good for you, but I'm sorry I didn't realise it would taste so awful. It also made me feel very funny afterwards, as if I was stoned or something.

The Autoimmune Solution: Learn how to Prevent and Overcome Inflammatory Disease (Inflammation, Autoimmune Disease, Leaky Gut, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Gluten, Allergies, Gluten, Candida)
by Anthony Weil

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 Jan. 2016
It's just very very short and I already knew everything in there.

A Hundred Ways To Sunday
A Hundred Ways To Sunday
by Robin Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars and the amazing parallels I found with some of my own experiences, 9 Nov. 2015
I too read this quickly as I was entranced by it, and the amazing parallels I found with some of my own experiences, and more. It also spoke to me deeply and meaningfully about myself, especially in that I think HOPE is one of the things that keeps me going (although also curiosity and joyful appreciation of the infinite variety of life do too). At times of depression it is those things that wane, but I always know they will return.

Wild Mind: A Field Guide to the Human Psyche
Wild Mind: A Field Guide to the Human Psyche
by Bill Plotkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Mar. 2015
In depth exploration I really resonate with.

Masterclass: Write a Bestseller: Teach Yourself: Book (Teach Yourself: Writing)
Masterclass: Write a Bestseller: Teach Yourself: Book (Teach Yourself: Writing)
by Jacqueline Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Mar. 2015
Definitely lots of very good advice here. Jacq is an angel for sharing all this.

Many Blessings: Native American Celebratiion
Many Blessings: Native American Celebratiion

5.0 out of 5 stars it is so good that I tend to keep replaying it, 19 Mar. 2015
If you're into this type of music, it is so good that I tend to keep replaying it! I had it once before and it disappeared after one of my son's parties, and after several years I just had to buy it again, and so glad I did.

Sand
Sand
by Hugh Howey

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartily recommended, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Sand (Paperback)
Wonderful book, deeply moving. What inventiveness, and such a great plot. I had to put it down a few times (just for a moment or two) to recompose myself before continuing. My husband gave me some strange looks, but he read it straight after me and it affected him similarly. A whole other world, with its own myths and realities, that really makes you reflect on some of the things in ours, the nature of life, the foolishness yet the resolution, the harshness and yet the sweetness of human nature. I just happened upon it without having heard anything about the author or any of his other books, and we can't wait to read more. In this world I'd be a sand diver for sure.

Noni's Island: A Dragon Schooner Saga
Noni's Island: A Dragon Schooner Saga
by Rafe Bates

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read overall, great follow on from his book 'The Settler', 18 April 2014
Almost as good as 'The Settler', which I wrote a rave review about, and carries forward some of the characters from that book. I couldn't put it down for the first half, but the second half was slightly weaker, although still a great read overall. Yes, the author does use a lot of his own experience from his adventurous life, but he also includes his own ideas and philosophy. The reason I found the second half weaker was because it included a young girl who was sleeping with a man a lot older than her, but then also with his sons, so this was a bit of a personal fantasy indulgence woven into the story, which some people may like, but was not quite to my taste, and I think it detracted a bit from the strength of the first half, and the plot. Anyway, still a great read overall, and I recommend it.

Waking Life [DVD] [2002]
Waking Life [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Ethan Hawke
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - recommend to everyone, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Waking Life [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
As a philosopher myself, I absolutely love this and watch it many times, which is unusual for me, but that is because it is not just a film story, but an amazing presentation of animated story and a huge lot of philosophy. You have to watch it several times really to get everything out of it. Wow. My son actually recommended it to me - he loved it too.

What the Bleep Do We Know!? [DVD] [2004] (Two-Disc Set)
What the Bleep Do We Know!? [DVD] [2004] (Two-Disc Set)
Dvd ~ Marlee Matlin
Offered by Rare DVD and Blu Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Have watched this over and over through the years and still love it, 18 April 2014
Really, this is an amazing eye opener, and so interesting the way it is done, as well as the information shared. Highly recommend any thinking person to watch this.

Page: 1 | 2