Profile for J. Haycraft > Reviews

J. Haycraft (U.K)

A Death in Winter: 1963
A Death in Winter: 1963

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rounded story, 7 April 2016
I really enjoyed this book it felt complete .
Proper story ,believable characters,lots of cultural details and interesting little sub plots.

Hill Climb Racing
Hill Climb Racing

4.0 out of 5 stars Super little game, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hill Climb Racing (App)
My boyfriend had this on his phone and I thought I'd give it ago .. Addictive and super easy to play. :)

The American West
The American West
by Dee Alexander Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Great US History Book . Easy to Read., 20 May 2012
This review is from: The American West (Paperback)
I have been fascinated by US history for a long time and this book is easy to read and gives an unbiased history of The American West. Covers the Indian Wars and relocation , Start of the meat /cattle industry and the in flux of new people to that part of the world. I was kind of sad when the book finished and left me wanting to read more about the era and the people.

20 To Make: Knitted Tiny Bears (Twenty to Make)
20 To Make: Knitted Tiny Bears (Twenty to Make)
by Val Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Easy Bears, 23 Feb. 2012
I was given this cute little book for a present as I am a bit of a knitting Freak. There is one basic bear pattern which could be made in any yarn 4ply dk and aran. Possibly could be made in chunky with a change of needle size. The pattern is all garter stitch but can be changed to stocking stitch for a smooth finish. The clothes and accessories are great and it is a simple way of using up all the bits of yarn from other projects..
I made the first one in about four hours so I need to get out a bit more..
Overall great gift great book! Go make some!

Sorceress
Sorceress
by Celia Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper sequel to Witch Child, 20 April 2010
This review is from: Sorceress (Paperback)
This is the sequel to Witch Child which I loved. The Sorceress brings the story into the 20th Century and traces Mary' further trials when she joins another tribe of people . It also includes her descendants who are researching her life and the people she lived with. Another enjoyable book. I couldn't put it down

Witch Child
Witch Child
by Celia Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Book, 20 April 2010
This review is from: Witch Child (Paperback)
I have read "Pirates" and thought I give Ms Rees a try. I really loved this book she really gets to grip with the family trauma of Mary being taken away from her family and shipped half way around the world. So sad in places but a wonderful story. I think any teenager should be able to cope with the content.I normally read crime and thriller and have been disapointed but teenage books by Celia Rees are awesome .

Baseballs - Strike! - CD
Baseballs - Strike! - CD
Offered by Smaller World Future

4.0 out of 5 stars This made me smile :), 27 Mar. 2010
I heard a sample of this album on a national radio station and it is so much fun. All those serious tracks given a " Elvis" makeover . All the songs are relativity well known and fairly modern. I particularly liked the way The Baseballs have taken all generes of songs hip hop ,pop and indie and made them so totally fun.Plan to laugh and just enjoy it.

The Twilight Saga: New Moon - Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
The Twilight Saga: New Moon - Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars It just a sound track, 20 Nov. 2009
My daughter loves Twilight and having read previous reviews for this c.d before buying it I thought it would be a great sound track and that she would love it. Edgy bands and moody music equals a c.d that will invoke depression in most people. However I tried to keep an open mind, Some tracks are better than others. I am a big Killers fan and even their track wasn't one of the better ones. Great if you are a die hard Twiglet fan( spelling mistake intentional)but it is only a sound track and to be honest I have heard better ones.