Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Content by Sarah

Sarah (Brentwood, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stylish Coloured Nurses Fob Watch (Royal Blue)
Stylish Coloured Nurses Fob Watch (Royal Blue)
Offered by Vortex ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this 6 months ago and it keeps good time. The clear tab which stops the battery ..., 5 Nov. 2015
I bought this 6 months ago and it keeps good time. The clear tab which stops the battery and therefore the watch was missing when it arrived, so I dont know when it was started, so therefore I dont know when I can expect the battery to run out, but I will just keep an eye on it. Simple clear dial and firm pin brooch. Happy with this watch.

BenQ GL955A LED TN 18.5 -inch W LED Monitor 16:9 12M:1, 5 ms - Glossy Black
BenQ GL955A LED TN 18.5 -inch W LED Monitor 16:9 12M:1, 5 ms - Glossy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2015
Happy with this monitor. Good price for the product. Arrived on time.

Swan Filter Menthol Filter Tips
Swan Filter Menthol Filter Tips
Offered by Trivoz

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2015
Excellent service and excellent price, have bought this product several times now and very happy. Recommended

Igenix IG3960 Under Counter Larder Fridge, 48 cm
Igenix IG3960 Under Counter Larder Fridge, 48 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars it keeps its cool well and is quiet, 5 Nov. 2015
A neat little fridge, but it is quite small. A two litre milk bottle wont fit in the door so be warned, you have to buy one litre bottles. However, it keeps its cool well and is quiet. For the price I have no complaints. Be aware that the manual instructs you to let it sit for 12 hours before powering up. I let it sit for 16 hours since my last fridge only instructed 4 hours and I think this is why it failed. Not making the same mistake again.

Arrived on time and well packaged. Giving only four stars as it pretty small, but the pictues are accurate enough. No complaints for the price.

Premium Quality Set of 3 Nail Art Manicure Crystal Glass Nails Files / Filers In Blue Colour By VAGA

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2015
Bought these for a friend who is very pleased with them Good price, arrived as and when expected.

SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than ever, 9 Mar. 2013
I pre-ordered SimCity 2013 before all the Hoo-Ha about 'always online' and DRM had reached me, and then when I read all the press and fan bitching about that side of things, I wondered if I would regret it... I have to say, I dont regret it one bit.

The Game itself is fantastic. To ease my impatience last week I got out my ten year old copy of Simcity 4, and played for a while, and I have to say.... playing this new rebooted Simcity is a whole different experience, it is AWESOME.

And yes.... I have been playing it, and able to play it... It was delivered at 9 am (as promised by amazon) on the 8th March, but I was at work until mid afternoon, so I dashed home, broke a nail ripping off the shrink wrap, fed the disk with trembling fingers into my drive, and began to load through Origin as instructed. That took about ten minutes... then the loading screen came for EA and Maxis.... and a few updates and patches.

That didnt surprise me as I had read the press, and knew they had done a few tweaks to get things running more smoothly for the Americans, Australians and all the rest of the lucky world that got the game before we Johnny-come-lately lot in the UK got our hands on it. This turns out to have been a Good Thing, because after the ten minutes of patching I got into the game at first try.

A few times a little message came in on the top left saying the servers were down, but they always reconnected within about 3 -5 minutes, with no loss of function (you just keep playing) and then you get a message to say the server is reconnected.... no big deal, no effect on play. My first session lasted 5 hours...

Either I have been extremely lucky (which I doubt) or they have mostly fixed the problem. As I was playing on a friday afternoon, I wondered if, with americans mainly being asleep, or at work/school, perhaps my evening play would be disrupted.... well, No.... perhaps the message about servers offline came a little more frequently, but at no time was I disconnected, and at no time did I lose content or saved game. The servers synch through Origin when you quit the game, and my games were there and automatically accessible when I opened the game again.

So... Apart from being always online (which is of course a pain when you want to play in an aeroplane, my heart bleeds for all you frequent flyers out there who find this a major reason to tell us all not to buy this product), and the thought that EA will dump the cash cow when we still want to play it by closing the servers (like they are going to do that any time soon). I would of course like to have the option to play offline for another ten years.... like I did with SimCity 4... but I have to say, my copy of that was covered in dust and i had forgotten just how dated it was...

This game is superb... Dont be put off by all the folks who are throwing their toys out of the pram... Enjoy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2013 5:45 PM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000, 1 Dec. 2012
A neat little camera which seems to be of good quality and reasonable price. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. Typically Microsoft.

Very easy to start up. No CD or drivers required, the camera does all its own set-up as soon as you plug it in to your USB.

One star deducted because the bendy clip behind the camera isnt too clever at adapting to all situations. Fortunately I have a printer on a shelf above my monitor, which is ideal to slide the rear bendy clip under, but if you are hoping it will sit on top of your flat screen monitor, it doesnt do this very well, you will need a lump of blu-tak or some sticky tape.

Overall I am content with this purchase.

I would give 5 stars to the delivery process, however. I received an email in the early morning saying the package would be delivered between 10.58 and 11.58 am. The driver arrived at around 11.30. Really helpful useful addition to the service. Well done. Wish all suppliers did this.

Kenwood KMC010 Chef Stand Mixer, Titanium - Silver
Kenwood KMC010 Chef Stand Mixer, Titanium - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood KMC010 Chef Titanium, Brushed Metal, 27 Oct. 2012
Edit 24 January 2013
Since Writing this review,the item description has been updated, and now tells what is in the box, and mentions the food processor and blender. However, at the time of my purchase it did not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to clarify which machine I purchased before going on to write my review, because I was confused, and the differences are misleading and not well documented here on Amazon. If you are thinking about buying this machine, there are things you need to look at... Bear with me on this.

This is the machine I purchased...

Kenwood KMC010 Chef Titanium, Brushed Metal

The prices was £379.99. Date 26 October 2012. (I know Amazon will delete this and put three little dots but at the time of writing it is £50 LESS than the other one I was contemplating...)

Kenwood Chef Titanium KM010 4.6 Litre Kitchen Machine

KM010 came complete with Food Processor attachment, and liquidiser and was £50 more...
KMC010 - £50 less, says it is a newer version of the above, but same power and appearance but just said that Blender and food processor were available as new attachments. AND it listed those attachments with totally wrong part numbers, that dont exist on the Kenwood Website : [...]

Even the Kenwood website doesn't list them in their "what's in the box" tab for the KMC010 and

This is what the Kenwood FAQ said about the Chef and Major:
"Q: Can I get a Food Processor for my Chef / Major so I don't need two separate machines?
A: Yes, but it's only available for the KM010, KM020 and KM023 models. For all other models the liquidiser, mincer and slicer and shredder will carry out some of the functions of a food processor."

Imagine my surprise therefore.... and DELIGHT when my KMC010 arrived with both food processor attachment and liquidizer!! I am very pleased, since after ordering I had grave concerns that I had made a mistake I would regret.

OK, that out of the way..

This is a really solid machine, its heavy so you won't want to be moving it in and out of a cupboard, really you won't. Make space on your worktop. Its very beautiful and sleek and I can't bring myself to cover it up with one of those square covers, so at the moment it's just draped in the plastic bag that wrapped it in the box. Oh, and while we are talking about the box... my goodness, its a big box. The delivery man said "I'm glad you were in, I was not looking forward to putting it back in the van if you weren't!" I am going to keep the box to store my Super Kingsize Duvet in over the summer... It will fit nicely, and maybe even the pillows as well!

The liquidizer jug comes in a separate box, inside the main box, as does the food processor. They are every bit as sturdily made as the main machine. The plastic of the food processor is NOT flimsy (as one of the reviewers said) and the glass liquidiser jug is heavy and thick and solid and will be quite happy crunching ice, I am not a bit worried it will break.

The K beater, Balloon whisk and Dough Hook are all very strong and heavy, and smooth shiny and well made. This is a MIGHTY solid machine.

Each part has a well illustrated little manual and there is quite a thick book in the box too, with 180 recipes using all parts of the machine (and some that dont come included, like the pasta maker) and lots of other information like the available attachments, and how they work and a glossary of cookery terminology.

Also included, two CDs.. One which I think is the recipe book on CD (which I couldn't get to run on my computer - I think it needs Windows XP Service Pack 2, which I am not prepared to install). The other CD is the video which is available on Youtube, which you have probably seen if you have researched the brand.

The power cord is about an arm length of cable, and will push into a recess in the bottom of the machine to take up the cable when not in use. There is no storage hole to put the plug (unless perhaps there is something underneath... I havent checked and anyway its too heavy to heave about).

I am really happy with this machine, and I know I am going to get a lot of satisfaction from using it. I have already made pastry, sliced onions and ground coffee beans, and the power is awesome... Probably more than I will need most of the time, but when I come to try making bread that will put it to the test, and I am sure it will not even get out of breath! I will update when I have had some experience with using it, but for now, there is no regret.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 27 November 2012

Been using my KMC010 for a couple of weeks now, and have made pasta dough, meringues, soup, smoothies, cakes and biscuits, using all parts of the machine.

On my first attempt at bread I found that the dough hook seemed to gather the lump onto itself and then just spin it around without actually kneading, but on the second try a wetter dough worked better and kneaded well. This may have been my error since I am not experienced with bread at all. The machine worked well second time, and is quiet enough not to disturb the neighbours. Certainly it took bread in its stride.

I also made pastry using the food processor attachment which also worked fine, with no overheating, which was the death of my previous food processor.

No complaints at all about the working of the machine.

I applied for my free attachment, asking for first choice of the Ice cream maker, but I received the Pasta Maker (yesterday). Not complaining though, as its is a free gift, so it looks like I will be learning to make pasta soon. I have since found a fantastic ice cream recipe from Mary Berry that doesnt need a frozen bowl or any periodic stirring while it freezes, so I am not sad - just letting you know that you might not get your first choice from the offer.

Happy Christmas to all who read and contributed to what has become a little comment club here. I hope you are all as happy as I am with the Kenwood.

Sarah
Comment Comments (62) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2015 12:11 AM GMT

16mm Polished Steel Thimble
16mm Polished Steel Thimble
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Thimble delivery charges, 7 Oct. 2012
I cant believe that this item that weighs so little and takes so little room and is made of steel so requires no protective packaging, and costs 66 pence... can cost £3.95 to deliver!!

Premier Housewares Rubberwood Cone Table Lamp with Square Cream Lamp Shade
Premier Housewares Rubberwood Cone Table Lamp with Square Cream Lamp Shade
Offered by Suburban Living

4.0 out of 5 stars Rubberwood Cone Table Lamp, 10 May 2012
I was looking for a small footprint table lamp to sit on my bedside table not taking up too much room. This lamp is just right for that purpose. The cream shade is neat and bright when the lamp is on.

The wooden base isnt very heavy, so if you are looking for something very steady, this wouldnt do.

Be aware, this lamp requires a small screw fitting bulb, not the standard bayonet or large screw bulb.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3