Profile for Nanou > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
First Light [Explicit]
First Light [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jun. 2017
Thank you for this excellent album!

PIXEL TW-283/E3 Wireless Shutter Remote Release Control With Cable for Canon EOS1300D, 300D, 200D, 1100D, 1000D, 700D, 650D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, 100D, 80D, 60D, 60Da, 70D
Offered by RDX Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars It's very easy to use, 17 Jun. 2017
It's very easy to use, easy to connect to the camera, and has a remote control. Great value for money as well.

CAISON 9.7" - 10.1" Tablet Sleeve Case Bag Pouch For New 10.5" iPad Pro / New 9.7" iPad Air 2 / 9.7" Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 10.1" Galaxy Tab A / 10" Lenovo Tab 4 Plus / 9.7" ASUS Z500M ZenPad 3S 10
Offered by World.Seller

5.0 out of 5 stars It's PERFECT! Made with very good quality material, 17 Jun. 2017
It's PERFECT!
Made with very good quality material, it's simple and practical, with an extra pocket to store cables/other smaller devices.
The service was perfect also. Thank you very much

Roy Lichtenstein: Sculptor
Roy Lichtenstein: Sculptor
by Roy Lichtenstein

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book!, 3 Mar. 2014
I'm a massive fan of Roy Lichtenstein, and first saw this book in France after going to an exhibition...went straight into my "want" list. It's one of my favourite art books on my shelf. I adore it.

The Art of D*Face: One Man & His Dog
The Art of D*Face: One Man & His Dog
by Dean Stockton

5.0 out of 5 stars I love every page, 3 Mar. 2014
I love every single page of this book. Splendid quality images, exquisite artwork, page after page. Get it, you'll be in love too!

Too Much Horror Business
Too Much Horror Business
by Kirk Hammett

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a beautiful book, 25 Dec. 2012
My first impression when I received the book is how classy it looks. The content is even better, full of fascinating stories about a man passionate about the items he collects. I can tell that he's genuinely produced this book from the heart. I sure hope that there will be other volumes in the future, as he carries on collecting!

He must have spent so much of his time making sure that it is as perfect as possible. I'm wowed by the variety of items: from gorgeous posters to fabulous toys.

I've learned a lot, not just about horror movies/items, but also about Kirk himself and how his collection is connected with his passion for music/guitars. There are tons of incredible stories about how he's acquired this collection. Kirk has written all the captions himself, and decided where the photos should go, which gives me the feeling of owning something very special.

I will always treasure this book. I absolutely love it.
Thank you so much Kirk!

Sony DSCWX7 Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera - Black (3D, 16.2MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.8 inch LCD

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing camera, 3 Nov. 2012
A couple of months ago, I was looking for a replacement camera for my beloved Canon IXUS 970is (now suffering from small defects after using it constantly for several years).
I was looking for a compact camera that can take great shots in low light, whilst providing good overall picture quality.

I am sad to say that although this camera is very reasonably priced, it has 3 major drawbacks.
The first one is that the video quality is magnificent, but the format is unrecognisable on a Mac computer. I also found that my computer actually struggles to detect the camera whilst connected by USB port (I have no such issues with the Canon).

The second major drawback is that at its higher resolution, 16MP, the camera is extremely slow to process the picture.

The third drawback is that the little control wheel at the top right corner is extremely sensitive to the touch. My fingers are not that big, and the slightest touch whilst reaching for the shutter is putting the camera in settings mode.

I have not been using it much because I dislike it. The Canon range is by far superior in my opinion.

Niki de Saint Phalle: and the Tarot Garden
Niki de Saint Phalle: and the Tarot Garden
by Niki de Saint-Phalle

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book about Niki, 12 May 2010
I'd give it so many more than 5 stars, I totally love this book!
Its release was a bit delayed, but I've just received it now, and it was well worth the wait.
It gives a true insight into her work, how she built this amazing project, with stories from all the people who worked with her.
There are amazing full spread photos of the progress of each statue over the years.
Great read & great inspiration for all.

Canon Digital IXUS 970 IS Compact Camera - Silver (10.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch High Resolution PureColor LCD II (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning compact camera, 10 Mar. 2009
In search of a good quality replacement for my old Fuji Finepix, I've chosen the Canon IXUS 970 IS, bought from Amazon. As an amateur, my requirements were: good quality camera, light/easy to carry, and simple to use. I haven't been disappointed at all! It takes absolutely beautiful pictures in all conditions. Its image stabiliser allows you to take great photos of fast moving animals, or at concerts or at sporting events.

I'd recommend taking some time reading the booklet to familiarise yourself with all its features, because there are very interesting artistic features should you use the manual controls: panoramic photography, colour/black & white, face recognition, plus excellent close ups (macro) & a stunning quality zoom.

A few comments about the flaws listed in the above reviews:
- the ON/OFF button isn't tricky to use at all. Just press it!
- there is a manual control to stop the flash if needed.
- The ISO can be set manually to maximise quality of night scenes/dark rooms.

DO buy an extra card, as the one provided will only allow to save about 10 pictures. Most camera manufacturers don't provide large storage cards, so Canon isn't different from its competitors on this issue.

I'd also highly recommend buying the case, because it does protect the camera from scratches & damage, plus it's very useful to attach to a belt.

The metallic surface of the camera is very smooth & slippery indeed (especially when it rains), so make sure to tie the strap (included with the camera) securely around your wrist at all times to avoid dropping the camera.

It's an excellent camera for this price range. I'm extremely happy with this item. Thank you Amazon!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2014 1:54 PM BST

Lova Lova
Lova Lova
Offered by Smaller World Future

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss the Superbus!, 27 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Lova Lova (Audio CD)
This is the first time for a very long time that I've been that addicted to an album, especially the song "Keyhole"! The album is screaming 80's music at its very best. If you like Gwen Stefani, you'll like Superbus. This new album is a jewel, don't miss it!

Page: 1 | 2