Profile for SLW > Reviews

Content by SLW

SLW "Books for Fun and Life" (Northamptonshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Applaws Cat Food Pouch Tuna and Seabream, 70g, Pack of 12
Applaws Cat Food Pouch Tuna and Seabream, 70g, Pack of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it, 19 July 2017
My cat loves it and she's a fussy eater. I like the fact that it doesn't have too many hidden additives. Although why anyone puts rice in cat food beats me. Rice is not a natural part of a cat's diet.

Colorist's Special Effects - color interior: Step by step guides to making your adult coloring pages POP!
by Helen Elliston

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good workbook, 6 July 2017
This workbook contains so much technique for colourists. It's a really excellent workbook. I'm working through all the exercises, even the basic ones. It's good to practice.

The world of colouring isn't like it was when I was a child. This workbook contains the instructions for you to keep up with the trends.

If You're Bored With WATERCOLOUR Read This Book (If you're ... Read This Book)
If You're Bored With WATERCOLOUR Read This Book (If you're ... Read This Book)
by Veronica Ballart Lilja

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelmed, 6 July 2017
A bit underwhelming really. Nothing much in detail. Just suggestions and ideas in very short form. I read it in one sitting. Can't say I came away with anything from it sadly.

Color Workshop: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Artistic Effects
Color Workshop: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Artistic Effects
by Rachel Reinert

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic work book, 6 July 2017
Fantastic workbook. Just perfect for learning new techniques. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone enjoying adult colouring as a hobby. I'm an experienced colourist, but there is a great deal for me to learn or hone in here.

Ravensburger Colin Thompson Funtastic Adult Colouring Book
Ravensburger Colin Thompson Funtastic Adult Colouring Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artwork Colouring Book, 6 July 2017
This book is beautiful. The artwork is amazing. It's clever and witty and beautifully drawn. The paper is really thick, almost like card. I've not tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure it would take a wet medium. This is my second grey scale colouring book, but it's streets ahead of the other one.

EcoAir DD322 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier, 10 L
EcoAir DD322 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier, 10 L

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are thinking of a dehumidifier - then this is a really great model, 26 Jan. 2016
This device is amazing!

We bought it just before Christmas because our dining room had developed a damp and mould issue and was smelling quite nasty. Switched it on the day before Christmas Eve and by the time Christmas dinner and subsequent family gatherings were served up the room was feeling nicely balanced again and all the smell had gone.

I'm amazed at how much water it removes from the atmosphere. I was so impressed that I purchased it's big brother just after Christmas for my warehouse and am equally impressed with the way it's made the warehouse feel warmer and much less damp even though this is the wettest winter I can remember.

The carry handle on this model is great.

Quick & Clever Watercolor Pencils
Quick & Clever Watercolor Pencils
by Charles Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little guide, 26 Jan. 2016
I'm learning how to use these water colour pencils and this book is a nice little introduction to the technique. Not too heavy and detailed, but good enough to get me started and interested.

Large Print Word Search Puzzles
Large Print Word Search Puzzles
by Mark Danna
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars A change to normal word searches, 26 Jan. 2016
Nice, unusual, large format word search. Gave one to each of our Mothers at Christmas and they both really like them.

Tilt Game
Tilt Game
Offered by Puzzle Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice puzzle to pass the time., 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Tilt Game (Toy)
I do love this type of puzzle. It's not as good as Rush Hour, but it's not bad either.

The Must Have 2016 Sudoku Puzzle Book: 366 puzzle daily sudoku book for the leap year. A challenge for every day of the year. 366 Sudoku Games - 5 levels of difficulty (easy to hard)
by Jonathan Bloom

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Large Format Book, 26 Jan. 2016
Gave this to my Dad for Christmas. He's loving it.

He's not using it as intended, he's just doing a puzzle when he wants to. But it's keeping him happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7