Profile for Gill Stevenson > Reviews

Gill Stevenson

Flight Behaviour
Flight Behaviour

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Flight Behaviour (Kindle Edition)
As you would expect from BK, well written and constructed with good characters. However I found the subject matter quite depressing and she tends to labour the point. I nearly didn't finish the book as it became tedious. Im a big fan of Barbara Kingsolver but this book cannot compare to her other work.

Capital
Capital

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Capital (Kindle Edition)
Such an enjoyable read. Very believable "full bodied" characters and an unusual story. I couldn't put it down and didn't want it to end!

Tales from Firozsha Baag
Tales from Firozsha Baag

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 Sept. 2013
As ever, Rohinton Mistry delivers a most vivid, poignant, humorous, superbly written collection of short stories based around a block of apartments. Each story is cleverly intertwined with the next. I didn't want it to end.

Don Quixote [DVD] [2001]
Don Quixote [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ American Ballet Theatre

5.0 out of 5 stars What a treat!, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Don Quixote [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
A joy to watch, The music is uplifting, and the choreography superb, costumes fab, Baryshnikov is spellbinding and Cynthia Harvey is enchanting as the heroine at the centre of the story.

The Last Letter from Your Lover
The Last Letter from Your Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read, 24 Dec. 2012
I downloaded this book as I had really enjoyed "Me before You" by the same authos, but I'm afraid I was disappointed. The story itself was a good idea and enjoyable to start with but then I felt it lost its way and became strung out, repetitive and laboured. Maybe a publisher was breathing down the author's neck? Sorry I couldn't be more positive, it hasn't put me off reading this author as I know she can do much better.