Profile for P.M.M.coza > Reviews

P.M.M.coza (UK)

Microsoft XBOX 360 HDMI AV Cable & Audio Adapter
Microsoft XBOX 360 HDMI AV Cable & Audio Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft cynicism, 19 Feb. 2010
Thought that when I got my Elite I wouldn't have to buy one of these - surely Microsoft wouldn't be so cynical as to oblige me to shell out for this. Of course I was wrong - if you want HDMI pictures and optical sound you have no real choice. This product should not be necessary, but it is - the price I paid on Amazon was well below high street prices.

Cream Cake (Red Fox picture books)
Cream Cake (Red Fox picture books)
by Chris Barton

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for parents who read to young kids, 16 Sept. 2009
I've probably read this book close to 500 times over the years to both my children. My youngest, currently 14 months, won't let a day go by without thrusting this in my face and demanding I read it. Its delightful - great pictures that a really young kid can understand, a simple rhyme and short enough to not lose their attention. If you read to really young kids this is a great one to have in your arsenal!

How To Twist a Dragon's Tale
How To Twist a Dragon's Tale
by Cressida Cowell

5.0 out of 5 stars Best childrens literature in its class, 9 April 2009
If you have a child who is between 4 and 10 who you are reading to this (and all the Hiccup books) is a must. Especially if you are bored senseless reading the rest of the inane drivel that is out there.

The Hiccup series is clever, amusing, engrossing and delightful. I'm currently reading through it for a second time with my 7 year old and enjoying it almost as much as the first time around. He also loves it, btw!

Read them in sequence though as the story does progress. That said they are all good stand-alone books.

The Raven Warrior: Tales Of Guinevere Vol 2
The Raven Warrior: Tales Of Guinevere Vol 2
by Alice Borchardt

2.0 out of 5 stars Rambling disappointment, 9 April 2009
I loved the first book - it was magical, original and I couldn't put it down. Buying and reading book 2 was a foregone conclusion.

After about 50 pages I started to question if it had been written by the same person, or if the editors had given up after a while. Too many threads, too much emphasis on leaving each thread on a cliff hanger, too little real progress in the story (OK, they're coming of age, but how much did the actual story progress?). Some of the dialogue was dire (esp Black Leg and the Lady of the Lake). Also, we get that Guin has armour and cannot get hurt - don't try and build any suspense around someone threatening her with a blade.

I perservered with this because I loved book 1 so much. One of the biggest disappointments was getting to the end of it and finding the sequel was not on the market. Alice is apparently dead (grhs) and I was unable to find evidence that book 3 was actually going to be published.

In summary, until book 3 actually comes out leave this one alone - be content with the great feeling that book 1 left you with.