Profile for Rob Dylan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
I'm Not Really Here by Lake, Paul (2011) Hardcover
I'm Not Really Here by Lake, Paul (2011) Hardcover

2.0 out of 5 stars Dragged Out., 21 Nov. 2016
I have read numerous football autobiographies and biographies and I rate this one alongside the dreary Harry Redknapp autobiography and the gloomy Sol Campbell biography as the most tedious. To be perfectly honest I think Paul Lake was overrated. I fell sorry for him as do all players, managers and fans associated with Manchester City because of the way his career ended so prematurely, however I believe this has led many people to say he was a better player than he actually was and would have achieved more than he was capable of. The book is way too long and could have been completed in less than half the length it was published which is mainly due to Paul Lake's constant rambling, he comes across as rather self-centered to me. The irony is that that true Manchester City legends such as Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Neil Young, Mike Summerbee and Joe Corrigan who all had long distinguished careers with the club have published biographies less than half the length of Paul Lake's who is not in the same category. Two stars maximum.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2016 6:02 PM GMT

Shirts, Shorts and Spurs
Shirts, Shorts and Spurs
by Roy Reyland

2.0 out of 5 stars Spot the Deliberate Mistakes., 14 Oct. 2016
When I read this book I could not believe that someone who claims to be a Spurs fanatic could make so many errors. It almost seemed like one of those "spot the deliberate mistakes" narratives. He said Spurs originally wanted to sign Ricky Villa and signed Ossie Ardiles as part of the deal, when it was the other way around. He said Spurs beat Norwich in the League Cup final 2-1 when it was 1-0 with Ralph Coates scoring the winner after coming on. He said Sol Campbell's situation of leaving Spurs for Arsenal was different to Pat Jennings departure because in Pat's case Arsenal no longer wanted him. He was moving to Arsenal for heaven's sake, it was Spurs who no longer wanted him. I could go on and on but the most unforgivable mistake for a man who says he has supported Tottenham since 1967 was to spell the legendary Dave Mackay's name, "McKay". Apart from the errors although there were a couple of bits useful or useless information I had not heard, the rest was common knowledge for any Diehard Spurs fan. I have to be honest and say that I found most of the book rather corny!

usb 5.1 sound card
usb 5.1 sound card
Offered by Elecmores-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product., 26 July 2011
This review is from: usb 5.1 sound card (Electronics)
My computer had a virus and the hardware failed. I am not a computer whizz kid so I had to get my friend in to try and sort things out. He had to completely clear my computer to get it going again and when he did it was back to normal except for the sound, which I had lost completely. He told me I would need to take the computer to a store and get a sound card fitted which I had been unable to do so I had no sound for two months. A couple of days ago the same friend mentioned this adapator he had seen on Amazon, knowing I order everything from Amazon he told me about it. When I read about it I thought, surely at such a low price, it would not restore my sound but at just over £2 what did I have to lose? Well I ordered it, received it the following day and it was the best decision I have made for some time! Like I said, I am really ignorent when it comes to computers but even I was okay with this. I just plugged it into the back of my computer and then inserted one of the leads which which I assume dealt with the sound into the back of the adaptor and the sound was back, just like that! Whatsmore, the sound is as good as if not better than it was before I lost it. Great product at an unbelievable price.

Hendrix: Setting the Record Straight
Hendrix: Setting the Record Straight
by John McDermott

1.0 out of 5 stars Whose Biography??, 21 Jun. 2011
I purchased this book mainly on the strength of some of the reviews I read as well as Chas Chandler's comment on the cover saying it was the best biography of Jimi Hendrix ever written. Well, I am a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix and I can honestly say I learned nothing about him from this book, it concentrates more on his management. If I were to have read this book without looking at the cover, I would have thought it was a biography of Michael Jeffery. If you want to learn everything there is to know about Michael Jeffery then this is the book to buy. If you want to know about Jimi Hendrix then don't bother.

Mens Black Soft Nappa Casual Leather Jacket H2T Size Small
Mens Black Soft Nappa Casual Leather Jacket H2T Size Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 20 April 2011
This Leather jacket is superb quality and it fits perfectly. At this price, it must be one of the bargains of the year. I wish I had ordered two!

100 Hits Legends - Otis Redding
100 Hits Legends - Otis Redding

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value., 12 Nov. 2010
I must admit to being very apprehensive about ordering this boxset because I have been disappointed with the quality of other boxsets in the past which at first glance appeared to be bargains. I am pleased to say that this is not the case with the 100 Hits Legends series. These boxets are fantastic value and the sound quality is superb. Apart from this set by Otis Redding, I also purchased the Aretha Franklin and Everly Brothers sets and they are some of the best purchases I have ever made. To say the are reasonably priced is an understatement, they are an absolute steal and I recommend anyone who is a fan of any of the artist on the boxets featured in the 100 Hits Legends boxsets to get them whilst they are still available!

The Beatles Box Set - Remastered in Stereo
The Beatles Box Set - Remastered in Stereo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 27 Nov. 2009
Being a Beatles fan since 1963 this box set was an absolute must to me. It has all the albums from the beginning, brilliantly remastered and if you are just starting a Beatles collection this is a great way to get the cream of their work in one swoop. The music is absolutely timeless. They are still in my opinion the greatest band who ever walked the planet.

Perfect Day - The Best Of
Perfect Day - The Best Of
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Introducution, 11 Jun. 2009
This is the perfect introduction to Lou Reed. Superb sound, great song selection and terrific value.

Jefferson Airplane Takes Off
Jefferson Airplane Takes Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Ever Debut Album?, 5 Nov. 2007
Is this the greatest ever debut album? Well personally, I have never heard one to better it. Jefferson Airplane proved they were a force to be reckoned with producing a superb album with their own unique sound. Great lead vocals from Marty Balin, Grace Slick was still with The Great Society, however, Signe Anderson proves what a great vocalist she is with a great version of Memphis Minnie's "Chauffeur Blues" Definately one of my favourite albums of all time.

Sons of Mercury
Sons of Mercury

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Quicksilver Collecion., 3 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Sons of Mercury (Audio CD)
If you want to buy just one cd of Quicksilver Messenger Service then this is the one. Some great bands emerged from San Francisco in the sixties, The Great Society, Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, Moby Grape and probably the most underrated of them all, Quicksilver Messenger Service. This double cd is the cream of their recordings and deserves a place in any cd collection. Great sound and some superb guitar riffs. Great value too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9