Profile for Anne Hindle > Reviews

Content by Anne Hindle

Anne Hindle

The Man in the Snow: A Christmas Crime (a John Shakespeare story)
The Man in the Snow: A Christmas Crime (a John Shakespeare story)

5.0 out of 5 stars A new author for me, 7 Jan. 2013
I really enjoyed this read. In fact I was so thrilled with it I have ordered his other books to read on my Kindle during my holiday in Tenerife in a couple of weeks time. Anne Hindle.

Awaken the Highland Warrior
Awaken the Highland Warrior

1.0 out of 5 stars First introduction to this series', 25 Dec. 2012
Not a patch on Diana Gabaldon; very disappointed.Not reading anymore. Have deleted from my Kindle. Whoever said the books were similar?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 6:22 PM BST

A Trail of Fire (Lord John Grey)
A Trail of Fire (Lord John Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Anything by this author - I am totally hooked., 8 Dec. 2012
Although I enjoyed this read and the different format to previous books, I want the next book on Jamie and Clare - Ms.Gabaldon cannot leave us in suspense for much longer.

Mr Norris Changes Trains
Mr Norris Changes Trains

4.0 out of 5 stars Not one I would have chosen, 8 Dec. 2012
but so pleased to have read it as a Book Group choice. A pleasure to read something written by a master. Very daring for the time scale it was written for. Would recommend this to anyone who finds pleasure in the written word.

The Resurrectionist
The Resurrectionist

4.0 out of 5 stars A Book Group Choice - not chosen personally but glad to have read it., 8 Dec. 2012
Very well written but such a harrowing subject. Do realise that dead bodies had to be obtained for progress in operations and knowing how the body works, but when they began to "collect" live bodies to murder to obtain money, it went rather too far for my imagination. The reliance on drugs, the poverty and the totallly evil nature of most of the characters - all very well described and left nothing to the imagination. This is a Book Group read and I will be very interested to hear what the other eight members thought of it. Sometimes it is hard to believe we have all read the same book. We shall see.

Buddha Da
Buddha Da

5.0 out of 5 stars Buddha-Da by Anne Donovan, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Buddha Da (Kindle Edition)
Our mixed sex Book Group read this book and found it to be one of the best reads this year. Some of the comments :- Fabulous, enjoyed it - completely different with humour all the way through. Lovely people and didn't want it to finish. After the first couple of pages coped with the dialect with no problem at all. How nice to have a happy ending. Real life drama and we felt to know the characters personally. Obtained this book from our local library but I have my own Kindle.