Profile for Marcia Kaye > Reviews

Content by Marcia Kaye

Marcia Kaye (Hertfordshire)

Classic German Baking: The Very Best Recipes for Traditional Favorites, from Gugelhupf to Streuselkuchen
by Luisa Weiss

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good cookery book!, 6 April 2017
Bought this for my niece who worked in Germany. She loved the recipes and immediately made the German Apple Cake. It was delicious!

Stirring Slowly: Recipes to Restore and Revive
Stirring Slowly: Recipes to Restore and Revive
by Georgina Hayden

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 1 Sept. 2016
I have a huge collection of cookbooks and this one really did not hit the mark! I was disappointed but the photographs were great.

Home Comforts
Home Comforts
by James Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Home Comforts (Hardcover)
Enjoyed watching the TV show more than the book!

The Yellow Table: A Celebration of Everyday Gatherings: 110 Simple & Seasonal Recipes
by Anna Watson Carl

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH THE MONEY!, 10 Dec. 2015
Loved this book. The recipes work, taste delicious but very inspiring. I have so far made the biscotti, roast vegetable ratatouille and raspberry crumble bars. I like the photos too. Glad that I added this book to my collection!

Sally Clarke's Book: Recipes from a restaurant, shop & bakery
Sally Clarke's Book: Recipes from a restaurant, shop & bakery
by Sally Clarke

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Sally Clarke's restaurant and shop - but the magic ..., 9 Oct. 2015
I did not find the book too inspiring. Love Sally Clarke's restaurant and shop - but the magic was not in this book! Sorry.

Smashing Plates: Greek Flavours Redefined
Smashing Plates: Greek Flavours Redefined
by Maria Elia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavours!, 18 Feb. 2014
I have a huge collection of cookery books but this book was certainly different. I love her flavour combinations and all the recipes so far cooked have worked out perfectly.

An enjoyable read too!

The Snowman: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 5)
The Snowman: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 5)
by Jo Nesbo

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Sept. 2011
I have been a fan of the Henning Mankell crime novels for some time and had just completed the final Wallander book. I was delighted to read that Jo Nesbo was being hailed as the "new" Henning Mankell BUT I was very disappointed by his style and story line. It all seemed second rate when compared with the real Master - Mr Mankell.

Perhaps I should try another book in the collection.....but I doubt I will bother!

The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less
The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars THEcredit crunch book!, 19 Feb. 2009
I bought this book for a friend who is already AMAZINGLY careful with money BUT even she managed to learn from its pages of wisdom.

Sarah Raven's Complete Christmas
Sarah Raven's Complete Christmas
by Sarah Raven

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Reference Book that will be truly useful!, 19 Feb. 2009
This is the book for "professional" Christmas organisers - divine floral arrangements, super recipes for large groups, inspirational ideas for everything related to Christmas. I am sure this book will be well thumbed over the years ahead. Welldone Sarah!