Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for lil > Reviews

Content by lil

lil (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bose Acoustimass 3 Series V Stereo Speaker System - Black
Bose Acoustimass 3 Series V Stereo Speaker System - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product from rogue company Reviewclub, 21 Jan. 2017
I reviewed with Reviewclub, this product was sent as part of a no obligation trial. Far too big and heavy/bulky, and too expensive for what it is/does, Reviewclub took 3-4 weeks to send kept delaying, blaming BOSE again and again (al in emails which I hold) ,when I refused to have it their courier delivered to a neighbour so I could not decline, they must be that desperate for a review.
Sadly the product is too bulky and expensive for what it promises to deliver and I can see why this rogue company BOSE are using is desperate to gain good reviews no matter what the cost to the reviewer. I would not recommend them or the product to anyone. Far better products in the market that do a better job for less money.

miGuard G5 Wireless Alarm - Remote Monitoring GSM / SMS / RFID Communicating Burglar Deterrent MGG5

5.0 out of 5 stars So close to perfect for me, 8 Nov. 2016
I must admit I was a bit scared when I received it and while I love gadgets it did take me a day or so to pluck the courage to open it up. I also thought I would need half a day or so at least to work out, so I waited until I had enough time. This assumption because I also own a yale smart home security alarm, which was installed by a professional, and has several complex settings. I always have to refer to the manual for that one.

I shouldn't have waited.

Yes,I did use the manual for the MiGuard G5. But it was not difficult nor time consuming to set up and test.

At the moment it is waiting to be placed overseas so I only tested it sufficiently so that I know how it works and that I am happy with it. I am in fact super happy with it.

Set-up:
It was easier than expected to set it up. Literally, a few minutes' work. I took the main unit out of the box, plugged it into mains, inserted the sim card and off it went. The first sim card I used (Three network) did not connect. I put that down to the very poor/virtually non-existent signal that Three has in my home (Zone 2 in London, oh well). I then tried with EE and Vodafone and both worked very well. I got the beeping sounds fast and then slow. Happy days.

I then tested the motion detection, which was straightforward. Before doing that though I decided to run many of the settings, including the notifications to my mobile (by text) when the alarm is triggered and muting the sound of the alarm (while testing, to avoid annoying the neighbours).

The alarm got triggered every time.

Wonderful little features that I love about it:
- I like the stand for the main unit. I am a truly gadget-loving girl that can't hang a frame on a wall, so having the ability to have the stand is amazing. Not only that, but I did not expect the tamper notification to trigger when the stand was removed from the main unit (without even opening the battery compartment). I only expected the wall hanging one to trigger the tamper alert. That is a great little feature. Amazing stuff.

- If I didn't have a Yale at my place I would easily use this alarm, in fact if the Yale ever packs up (it has its moments) I'd be replacing with this. Apart from one wire/plug it needs no screws, no telephone line and it just simply works. Not only that, but it tells you when the battery has been removed, on which unit and is consistent (unlike my other one which gives a broad area, go figure). Great stuff.

- I love being in control and all the flexibility it offers. I am passionate about stuff that works with the user in mind, and this one just fits my use case perfectly. I want it in a remote location, a second home that has no telephone line. I was specifically after an alarm that will have a battery to fall back to in case of a power cut. I am so happy that this alarm offers that also. During my test, the battery lasted and when unplugged from the mains I got a text. So not only it will work a few hours without mains electricity but I get to know when there was a power cut. I have the control I want. Brilliantly clever stuff.

- I don't remember seeing this feature in any of the product descriptions, and at first when reading the manual I wasn't sure it can be done, but it does allow for setting the delay you want before entering and exiting. It also allows me to have a pin for the main panel, so that, in case I don't have my fob, or phone with me, to disarm, I can just use the panel to do that.

I must admit, as far as security alarms for a second home go, this comes for me, almost close to perfect. The app is just another way to sms to the sim on the panel the various settings you want, and there is no way to arm or disarm the alarm without texting or calling the sim (ie incurring a charge, particularly if abroad). But that is to me a small fee to pay compared to the security it offers. I prefer to pay a small fee and have the certainty that the sim will only take commands from the registered paired mobile (and you can have more than one paired up apparently though I only tested with one). In time, I would have liked to see the app a little improved, perhaps containing a reference guide to the commands somewhere so that I don't have to google for the manual if not handy.

As a final note, I would like to thank the people who took the time to respond to my questions before I bought the MiGuard G5 as they really helped me make the right decision for me.

Griffin Survivor All Terrain Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Olive Lime
Griffin Survivor All Terrain Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Olive Lime

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good case for my iphone 6 plus, 8 Nov. 2016
This is a very good case for my iphone 6 plus. It is waterproof and I have dropped the phone a good few times, the case has fully protected it.
I have removed the stand at the back so that it is less bulky, and also because I don't need to use my phone wih a stand.
The cover is durable, easy to put on and take off and really protects my phone from the elements, water, my kids and so on.
I am giving it 4 stars because of too tiny niggles. One is that after taking it off a few times, the case little clips can get easily worn. Also, the screen cover does get a bit dirty and scratches on it cannot easily be removed, making it an item that should be replaced every 6-12 months depending on use.
Otherwise an excellent case and I am very happy with it. It compares well to more expensive brands/ cases which I had with earlier iphones.

Osprey Pro Complete Beginners Double Kick Trick Skateboard, 31 x 8 Inches Maple Deck, Stickers

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves his Osprey skateboard, 8 Nov. 2016
We got this as a birthday present when my son turned 6. Almost a year later he uses it still on a daily basis and loves his skateboard.
The design is great and the size fantastic for his age and will sure last him a few more years.

Lift-the-Flap Computers and Coding
Lift-the-Flap Computers and Coding
by Rosie Dickins
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little learner, 8 Nov. 2016
My children aged 4 and 7 love this book. I'd say it is more suitable for ages 6 plus, in terms of understanding the content, but my 4 year old who is in Reception likes the flaps and does follow some of it too. The quality and illustrations are typically Usborne, i.e outstanding.
Some more complex items are explained in simple terms too.

Philips M3351W/05 Linea Design Cordless Phone with 1.6-Inch Display, White Backlight and Speakerphone - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design and a great phone, 8 Nov. 2016
Great phone, very beautiful design. At first I thought there may have been an issue with the volume during calls, but I soon realised that depended on the other end. The majoriy of calls have crystal clear volume. Some public services have a very low volume at their end but increasing the volume on the handset usually helps.
The handset is very stylish, which is one of the reasons I picked it. It sits on the stand very well, and securely, and charges between calls.
I had a philips handset before for almost 17 years and this replaced it, so I am pleased I chose the brand again.
The mute button works well, as does the loudspeaker.

Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Car Seat (Green)
Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Car Seat (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling, 7 Feb. 2015
We have two of these one for each of my children and love them. They come with us on holiday on board we store snacka etc and then use them while travelling abroad. Good quality.

LifeProof Nuud for Apple iPhone 5/5S - White/Grey
LifeProof Nuud for Apple iPhone 5/5S - White/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Has saved my iphone 5s a few times!, 7 Feb. 2015
Excellent case, it has saved my iphone from lots (water, falls etc) on plenty of occasions. I wouldn't have a working ipad without it so well worth the money.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Stops working after a couple of montha, 7 Feb. 2015
Horrible it stops working after a couple of months

Lowepro Terraclime 30 - Recycled Fabric Case for Compact Digital Cameras - Grass
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera case, well made, and fits my Olympus TG-3, 7 Feb. 2015
Very good quality case, fits my olympus TG-3 camera perfectly, with space for extra battery and memory. I was expecting it to be very thin and flimsy reading previous reviews, but it is in fact very well made and has some padding so better than expected.
I would have liked the shoulder straps to be a bit thicker but i'm just picking nits as it is a wonderful camera case, very stylish, and well made, as well as environmentally friendly.
Very happy and would buy again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5