Profile for J. Carpentier > Reviews

Content by J. Carpentier

J. Carpentier (Sacramento, CA/Norwich, UK)

Wacom CS-100 Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Wacom CS-100 Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Offered by MP3PartsEurope

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and terrible quality, 3 April 2012
I waited and waited for this stylus because I have always loved Wacom; but, this was a terrible buy. I was a bit skeptical at the price - given it's nearly twice the price of every other stylus - but I figured: it's Wacom so it must be worth it. Boy, was that a mistake. When you first grasp it, it feels heavy. Not bad, heavy, but noticeable in weight. The weight wasn't the main issue. What was, was that it fell apart in one day - no joke. The top cap came off, the clip fell off - neither of which I could fix back on. The sleeve cap near the tip fell off as well. It felt good, but was poorly made. On top of all that, I contacted Wacom to let them know what happened and that I wanted a refund, to which the associate told me what I told them was not possible (essentially calling me a liar). When I repeated that it did happen and I had pictures, they still claimed it was somehow my fault and that there was no way they would offer a refund, but, I could ship it back to them and they "might" replace it - but I would have to pay for shipping both ways. Unbelievable piece of garbage that I will never buy again. It is still sitting in a drawer, in its box, doing nothing. Thanks Wacom for a terrible product and experience!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2013 4:13 PM GMT

Flight Of The Conchords - Complete HBO Second Season [DVD] [2009]
Flight Of The Conchords - Complete HBO Second Season [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Bret McKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Conchords back! Almost as funny as before, 3 Aug. 2009
For you die-hard fans, yes, season 2 is good. It has it's shining moments; however, it is not as good as the first season. That doesn't mean it's bad, but the first season set a standard that is hard to match. And let's be honest about it: the first season incorporated songs and ideas they had been working on and fine tuning in concerts for years in the UK and US. That's why it seems so flawless. This time around, even with the delay of the season, they had about a year to come up with enough material for a full season. Given that, it's pretty damn amazing. Yes, it is funny. Some of the songs are hysterical. They give the other characters more involvement in songs. Dave's rap in 'Suga-lumps' and Mel's song nearer to the middle of the season, and even Bret's song on the boat with Mel and Doug, are freaking great. They're progressing in their overall storyline of making it in NYC. Murray gets more focus. They introduce the prime minister who is like the stupid foil to Murray's idiocy. Overall, is it as good as the first. Of course not, but it is still damn funny and a must own if you're a fan.