Profile for Chris H > Reviews

Face Foam Replacement Eye Masks Pad For HTC VIVE VR PU Leather Foam Cover
Face Foam Replacement Eye Masks Pad For HTC VIVE VR PU Leather Foam Cover
Offered by TOOYOUNG

2.0 out of 5 stars Material ok, bad fitment., 8 April 2017
Because this has been manufactured flat, it creases when you fit it to the Vive. not only is this uncomfortable, it leaves some serious dints in your head when you remove it. Make sure you aren't going anywhere after using this or you are going to look like a berk.

PIR Stainless Steel Double Outdoor Wall Light With Movement Sensor IP44 ZLC08DSEN Up/Down Outdoor Wall Light
Offered by Strictly Lamps

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay, could easily be improved., 8 April 2017
Very little space inside to fully mount flush, other wise a great product.

Even on the lowest setting, this activates when its still relatively light. Needs an even lower setting.

An easy upgrade would have been slightly longer bolts to at least give you some more space behind.... you could find your own I guess....

Sena 20S. Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication System
Sena 20S. Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication System

2.0 out of 5 stars Review after two summers use (touring)., 8 April 2017
After two summer seasons, here is my opinion:

1. It's never been loud enough, the old SMH-10 was superior.
2. Removing it from the helmet became a pain, the catch is poor compared to old SMH-10, stupid redesign.
3. The aerial can no longer be lowered, the small catch that holds it has worn away.
4. The unit sits proud from the helmet below, so it gets scratched and worn every time you put your helmet down.
5. My microphone volume has gotten progressively worse, and now my colleagues can barely hear me, despite changing the mic.
6. Group intercom is unreliable, as it uses one person as the 'controller'. If this person disconnects, you all do.

Basically, this hasn't lasted, and was never great to start with. I'm going to be removing it and using my old SMH-10 which has everything this does, bar the audio multi task, which is the only reason I upgraded.

Much too expensive for something that isn't going to last.

Cosy Smart Thermostat Single Zone (without Installation)
Cosy Smart Thermostat Single Zone (without Installation)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok when free from First Utility, otherwise leave it., 3 Jan. 2017
I got this free with First utility by tying in to their product for a couple of years, I wouldn't have paid this much for this.

Pros:
worked no problem, anyone saying it doesn't probably had a bad plumber or a faulty unit.
easy enough to set up using the app
easy for anyone to switch current mode at the thermostat

cons:
this isn't SMART in any way, its just a wifi thermostat with timers. not that this is required, I think its a gimmick.
Hardware is very bulky, especially the thing you plug in to your router.
has to reside on a flat surface, design prohibits any wall mount solution.
app is messy, could have a far, far better layout. But you get used to it.
undocking flattens the battery in 24hrs. so basically its tethered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2017 10:35 AM GMT

Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Keyboard Black
Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Keyboard Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Some minor issues but overall a good hotas, 23 July 2015
I really wanted to love this, but after a few months, I just 'like' it.

The spring thing for me is a bit of a gimmick, you'll likely just stick the lightest one in there and never change it.

The throttle feels really great, but the stiffness adjustment is useless. Even on the lowest setting you can barely move it without tipping the thing over. Setting it on even higher, it slips back to the loose (or not so) setting after a few throttles.

The old school throw switches are great, they aren't actually toggle switches though, just buttons. You'll get used to this.

This hotas should stand up to VR games in the future as you cna put your hands on all of the buttons and switches without looking.

Milestone Camping Aluminium Cook Set (Pack of 5) - Silver
Milestone Camping Aluminium Cook Set (Pack of 5) - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars ok if you really need light., 23 July 2015
These are very light.
They bend and dint easily.
You can't keep hold of the handle, it gets too hot.
Can be difficult to clean, no coating on them.

Motorcycle Adjustable Strap by ROK Straps - 18"-60" (Twin Pack)
Motorcycle Adjustable Strap by ROK Straps - 18"-60" (Twin Pack)
Offered by Ventus Innovative Products

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic., 23 July 2015
These are fantastic, I was a bit dubious when I got them but I strapped a wet bag to my pillion and rode hundreds of miles without any movement at all. Very easy to connect/disconnect/tighten.

Cartridge Footrest
Cartridge Footrest
Offered by Sub Zero Store

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, 23 July 2015
This review is from: Cartridge Footrest (Sports)
Seemed a little expensive for what this is, but I can't deny it works well. Fits the two standard cartridge sizes.

Sony M4 Aqua Black UK Sim Free Smartphone
Sony M4 Aqua Black UK Sim Free Smartphone
Offered by XTEC UK

4.0 out of 5 stars capable phone for the price, 8 July 2015
I previously had an HTC one which I managed to smash so this was my cheap replacement. To my surprise the camera is far better, its faster and feels generally smoother all around.
I've submerged it in water, that works as advertised
The screen is plenty decent for my needs, I think 720p is plenty for a mobile.
People complain about the lack of internal ram but I personally haven't found this to be a problem.
The only thing missing from this is a magnetometer, it only has a gyro. If you want to tinker with VR you should look elsewhere.
There is also words like overheating used, it does get fairly warm but overheat implies shutdown which hasn't happened to me.

Wheel Stand Pro for Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Racing Wheel - DELUXE V2
Wheel Stand Pro for Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Racing Wheel - DELUXE V2

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality stand, 19 Feb. 2015
This is a great stand, I'm happy with my choice. It has excellent build quality, materials and feels very sturdy.

My only negative with it is cable management, this appears to be an after thought and you basically have to tie wrap the wires wherever you can get them to go.

It was well packaged and arrived in good time.

I found that installing the gear plate upside down compared to what the instructions say gives you a better position. I'm from the UK so gears aren't mounted on the dashboard here......

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6