Profile for victoria > Reviews

victoria

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Lost Child
The Lost Child

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate to say this but I found it the worst ..., 21 April 2016
This review is from: The Lost Child (Kindle Edition)
Not for Adults: This book I have just given up with. I would give no stars if possible. The writing is so childish as though by a 12 year old attempting their first book. I hate to say this but I found it the worst book I have found on Kindle and I have noted the Publisher - to be avoided.
Childish 'simple' stories do nothing for the educated reader. Something well written with grit and interest are more for me.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2016 8:38 AM BST

At the Going Down of the Sun (The Sheridans Book 1)
At the Going Down of the Sun (The Sheridans Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really recommend this author, 2 Jan. 2016
From the first page I was captured. A family caught up in World War 11. Researched carefully and full of facts from the time, so well written I was there. I did not want the story to end. I then noted that there are 2 more books following on 'And in the Morning' and 'We will remember'
I immediately ordered them and cannot wait to continue to read on. I really recommend this author.

Mary Berry Cooks The Perfect
Mary Berry Cooks The Perfect
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Excellent Cookbook From Mary, 9 April 2015
The usual Mary Berry, clear, easy to follow,recipes using lots of everyday ingredients.
Perfect gift for the new cook.

Cook Now, Eat Later
Cook Now, Eat Later
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Planning Ahead without hassle, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cook Now, Eat Later (Hardcover)
This Mary Berry Cookbook is a very useful addition to my other Mary Berry books. Written in easy to follow instructions it confirms what you can and cannot do ahead. Mary Berry recipes always show how every day pantry items can be made into a tasty meal. I intend to give my daughter a copy as she is a working mother who likes to entertain during the week and this book thoroughly explains organisation and forward thinking for a very successful meal even including vegetarian dishes.

Craghoppers Women's Classic Kiwi Walking Trousers
Craghoppers Women's Classic Kiwi Walking Trousers
Price: £10.79 - £61.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful that they are a good length for the tall ..., 8 Jan. 2015
I have 3 pairs of the Kiwi Craghopper. Interesting reading reviews since I also have found the waist size a little odd. My normal size 16 tends to be baggy on the hip and a little loose on the waist. I then bought a 14, these were tight on the waist so I let them out and the hip was ok. Wonderful that they are a good length for the tall lady I am 6ft and slim. Overall the cut is casual the material very good and the lined ones cosy. If you are looking for a fashion garment forget them. If you are fell walking or work outdoors they are a good buy for the money. If they improved the cut and fit and made a few 'prettier' colours I would give them 5 stars without hesitation.

The Elephant Whisperer: Learning About Life, Loyalty and Freedom From a Remarkable Herd of Elephants

5.0 out of 5 stars Elephants to be saved, 10 Nov. 2014
I am half way through this book. If you enjoy the life of the naturalist and love animals you will enjoy it. A true story relating to the rescue of a herd of elephants and the antics and scrapes they get up. The elephant is a very intelligent animal to be protected and life on an enclosed reserve is not always safe. A lovely read.

Call of the Kiwi (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga Book 3)
Call of the Kiwi (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A family saga set in New Zealand, 10 Nov. 2014
I have read all three of these books and really enjoyed them. This is probably because I have visited New Zealand several times and I love the country. I felt I was actually in New Zealand the descriptions are so accurate. A real family saga that completely hooked me from start to finish, well written and really of its time.

Family: Life, Death and Football: A Year on the Frontline with a Proper Club
Family: Life, Death and Football: A Year on the Frontline with a Proper Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Not on my Kindle, 10 May 2014
This is an error, I do not have this book , I do not follow football so what is it doing on this list!!

Young Prince Philip: His Turbulent Early Life
Young Prince Philip: His Turbulent Early Life

5.0 out of 5 stars A Young Gentleman Who Gave Up So Much, 10 May 2014
No doubt when Philip married Elizabeth he had his eye set on a Naval career, he was after all already in the Navy enjoying it and doing well. Overnight things change and the young Elizabeth is Queen. Philip then has to completely rethink his future which must have been very difficult. The story illustrates just how much he gave up to serve the country to honour and support his wife.
I found it really interesting from then onwards and saw him in a very different light. Prince Philip has given up so much and this is not always recognised. A great insight into his life with our wonderful Queen Elizabeth.

The Villa Triste
The Villa Triste

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Gripping, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Villa Triste (Kindle Edition)
A story set in War Torn France, wonderful, one never knew what would happen next which meant it was hard to put down.
Loved it.