Profile for Saffy > Reviews

The Twits
The Twits
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Dahl Classic, 1 May 2009
This review is from: The Twits (Audio CD)
Simon Callow has won awards for his spoken word titles, and it is easy to see why with this CD. The twits are disgusting people, who get their just rewards in the end!

Alan Bennett Children's Collection (BBC Audio)
Alan Bennett Children's Collection (BBC Audio)
by Alan Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Children's Collection, 1 May 2009
I have always loved these stories, read by Alan Bennet, since first listening to them as a little girl. Unfortunately, I had listened to the tapes too much and the wore out, so I had to replace them! These Cds are wonderful, and I would recommend them to any child, or to any grown-up that likes to have something playing in the background.

Owly Volume 4: A Time To Be Brave: v. 4
Owly Volume 4: A Time To Be Brave: v. 4
by Andy Runton

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 1 May 2009
All the Owly books are simply beautiful - the stories are enchanting and moving: Andy Runton gets amazing emotions into the faces of the characters. Whenever I've had a bad day I re-read an Owly book, they are brilliant.

Matilda
Matilda
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Dahl audio book, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Matilda (Audio CD)
I own many of the Puffin unabridged Roald Dahl audio CD's, but this one is my fabourite. Joely Richardson has a wonderful voice and reads the story perfectly. I would recommend this to everybody - young and old (I am 21 and at University!)