Profile for D. R. cochran > Reviews

Content by D. R. cochran

D. R. cochran (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LianSan titanium Rimless reading glasses men women's reading eyeglasses super light Sun Readers reading glasses Sunglasses lmo-013 (+2.50, silver)
Offered by LianSan Glasses Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexable yet tough enough with good lenses. Review of ordinary and bifocals mixed together the Amazon way., 19 Mar. 2016
Had these about a year now and the lenses are still scratch free and the legs are still working as there is no hinge to break. They have lasted very well and lived up to expectation. A little difficult to fold away and due to the lack of hinges you need to use both hands to put them on efficiently. Good value in relation to the really cheap pairs than break and scratch quickly. I now have a spare pair and think I might get the bifocals as well. The preceding review was for the non bifocals.
I got the tinted bifocals and they would only rate 3 stars as the tint is far too light. I really wanted a pair of glasses I could use in fairly bright sun light sort of like sun glasses with a built in reading function. As the tint is so light they don't really fulfill this function so I take them on and off just like reading glasses with a full reading lens. It didn't really work out for me so back to just readers and a separate pair of sun glasses. All the other good features of the frames are sill true.

MEGA VALUE TWIN PACK St Andrews Cross Saltaire Scotland Flag + Rampant Lion Flag Quality Supporter Fans Large Flags 5'x3' (ft)
Offered by Robelli Online (UK SHIPPER)

4.0 out of 5 stars wave the flag, 19 Mar. 2016
Just nylon but bright and great for my purposes

Pyramex Safety V2 Readers SB1810R25 Robust Protective Glasses with Integrated Reading Glasses Strength +2.5 Lightweight / Colourless Lenses
Offered by Prime E Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars My fault but I wasn't expecting bi-focals, 25 Jan. 2016
I really just wanted a pair of really tough reading glasses with a single lense. However after rereading the description I realise it was my fault I ended up with clear glasses with only a small magnification area. The glasses are very good and I will hang on to them for their actual DIY use or watching TV while reading. I will return to the search for a super tough pair of reading glasses as do many of the really cheap ones get broken very easily if you roll over on them as you nod off to sleep.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Firstly I don't like the retractable plug at the end of a wire ..., 12 Oct. 2015
Firstly I don't like the retractable plug at the end of a wire and worry that through time and use the thin wire may become faulty, I would far prefer a jack socket and a wire with two plugs that would be easy to replace.
The device paired easly with the receiver from the same company but not with my other Bluetooth headphones. For some reason Bluetooth pairing always seems hit and miss, poor stuff from a supposed standard. The device seems to amplify noise better than sound if your signal is not good to start with. There is a lot of noise using the 3.5 jack out on my TV but very little if I pick up the phono red and white output direct from my TV box and feed that into this device using the phono to jack plug cable provided. Worth the effort if your TV jack generates noise with this device as mine seems to, so not really a fault with the device. Usual Bluetooth drop offs if you move about andcti be honest I prefer wired headphones with a long cable at home. With a good source its probable OK butvid it needs the phono input then some plugging and unplugging will probably make it less easy inbday to day use. This device looks very similar in size and colour to the transmitter but fortunately has a gloss plastic while the other has a matt finish. This is a good feature to stop confusion. I'm sure there may be better alternatives but Bluetooth devices are always a bit hit and miss. Both these devices work while being charged and both use a standard USB micro socket, which is good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2015 8:37 PM GMT

AUKEY Bluetooth Receiver, Audio Receiver Car Kit with Hands Free Calling for Home & Car Audio System (BR-C2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 9 Oct. 2015
Tthe device works well with both my phone and with the bluetooth transmiter from the sane company, that can be used with anything that has phono or 3.5 mm output. Its ability to remember two pairings is a useful feature and the sound quality is reasonable. It has a matt case which has a good feel, it is light weight with a good battery life on a reasonable short charge. It can be in use while on charge which is a good feture.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2015 8:37 AM BST

Kenwood CO600 3-in-1 Can Opener with Knife Sharpener and Bottle Opener - 40 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars A new family tradition., 6 Oct. 2015
By coincidence my son has had one of these for five years and it is still going strong. Seems to be well built and opens cansat at an acceptable speed, that is not to fast or to slow.

Forceflex 3020 - Virtually Unbreakable Safety Spectacles, Industrial Sunglare Filters, BLACK Frame Smoke Hardcoat HC Lens UV400.
Offered by PROTECTAPRO

5.0 out of 5 stars What could be better than sun glasses, how about almost indestructible sun glasses?, 6 Oct. 2015
I like these very much, they seem sufficiently indestructible and look very much like sun glasses rather than safety glasses. They come with a little cloth bag and a cleaning cloth. The tint is a light grey and isn't too dark. I think these are very good value.
Edit 26/7/2016. Having had them over a year I am still very happy with them and now have 3 pairs. Only two little niggles. One is some sort of serial number or safety number on the edge of the lens that is a little annoying to my peripheral vision, pity it isn't on the inside of the frame instead but maybe it is an H&S thing. The second is that the lens is much more easy to scrape on the inside surface, that is the surface nearest to the eye. This is not a problem if you know to be careful, I didn't. Still worth 5 stars for indestructibility and price.

Jumbl™ Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling & A2DP Audio Streaming Adapter/Receiver for 3.5mm Devices - Converts Wired 3.5mm Headphones into Wireless Music Streaming Stereo Earphones - w/Built-In Mic - Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars non standard charging lead , no way, 4 Oct. 2015
Not a chance I'd buy this as I read it has a device specific charging lead instead of micro USB or at worst mini USB. I liked the device up till that point so I'm giving it one star as no matter how good everything else is a nonstandard charging lead is not in the consumers interest.

Sencor SKS 5700 Electronic Silver - kitchen scales (LCD, 72 x 35 mm, Silver, 158 x 225 x 286 mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive version of the duronic ks4000?, 4 Oct. 2015
These look suspiciously like Duronic KS4000 wall scales which have suddenly vanished from sale. The Duronic branded version was very good and about £20 cheaper than the new brands price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again the instruction manual is more of a problem than the product., 3 Oct. 2015
These arrived a few days after ordering so the delivery was excellent. They are Ade of what seems like a early durable plastc . The earphones are attached to little hydrolic like rams that allow them to have almost 2 cm of lateral movement. In addition the arm of the earphone is at an angle to the axis of rotation giving a further range of movement. Finally the earphone can move where it is attached to the arm using a sort of click mechanism. All of this results in the ability to make a good audio contact between ear and earphone for a wide range of sizes of head and ear. Connecting by Bluetooth to my elefone b touch 2 smart phone was very easy just press the central button on the glasses hold it down, the led on the glasses flashes and if the smart phone detects it, you select it and that's that. I use poweramp as a music player and it means I can also use the volume buttons on the glasses to go back or forward through the tracks.The instructions are not to bad but very small print. I took a picture of them which I tend to do now so it is with me and also so I can zoom in and read it more easily. The sound quality seems fair enough for walking or at the pool. The combination of phone and this product didn't give me any Bluetooth problems such as momentarily losing the signal.
Now the glasses. Mine arrived with the left one slightly way from the frame and I had to try to sort of bend it to get it back into position. I was on the verdge of sending the whole thing back when I realised the lenses are on a frame that is hinged at the top of the nose. This isn't obvious and not mentioned in the manual. This means that the lenses can potential!y be replaced as the are some sort of semi standard fitting held in place by a screw. I am sure Lidl sell a similar sports sun glass at times. Anyway this let me gently twist the lenses to fit better. The plastic sheet on both sides of the lens are in my opinion a major hazard to the lenses as getting it off is not as easy as most scratch protectors. Note they do need to come off or you can't see very much through the lens. The mini USB charging slot is just under the three buttons that are on the right hand arm of the glasses. The placement of this is a little stupid as if you want to listen while the glasses are charging it gets in the way. I know most people might not want to but just pointing it out. It is also a pity it is a mini USB instead of the now more common micro USB. Of course USB seems to have been created by monkies that took years to design a standard that is hard to fit and comes in oddles of shapes.
At the price they are light weight, not too geeky, have decent battery life and reasonable lenses. I will use them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20