Profile for Mrs. D. J. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. J. Smith

Mrs. D. J. Smith "eowyngreenleaf" (Luton, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Post-it Index Medium Plastic Dispenser - Purple (Pack of 50)
Post-it Index Medium Plastic Dispenser - Purple (Pack of 50)
Offered by Hellifield Office Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Post-It Markers, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These index markers are plastic and come in a variety of colours (mine are purple!). good for marking a variety of things; recipes in cookbooks, notes in books, use for students.... I'm sure there are many more!

These can be reused as the stick does last, but isn't so much as to damage what you are peeling them off of. They come in a nice little dispenser and the Amazon price is currently quite reasonable (the RRP I think is rather expensive). Obviously these are a bit more robust that paper versions, but the pay off is that they are not so easy to write on if that is what you want to do.

OPI Avoplex Moisturising Repleshing Lotion 120 ml
OPI Avoplex Moisturising Repleshing Lotion 120 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Hand Cream, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a luxury hand cream - and comes with a price tag to match! The bottle is plastic and not particularly fancy. The lid presses down on one side to leave a gap to dispense on the other side which pops up. The cream itself has a good consistency - not too thick and not too runny - and absorbs well, leaving hands feeling moisturised.

The scent is floral - I think it's lilies - and not too strong. Personally, I really like this (and I must get through gallons of hand cream every year!) BUT I do think it is very expensive for the amount you get and I hadn't noticed a greater performance from this than from other more modestly priced products.

Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Hand Duo Set
Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Hand Duo Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Pricey for an OK product, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hand wash and hand cream duo come in a rather nice presentation box - would be nice for a gift, but otherwise is simply destined for the recycling bin. A shame, as at the current price of £18, a fair chunk of that will have undoubtedly gone into the packaging.

The wash and lotion come in pump dispenser bottles. It may just be that I'm unlucky, but the hand wash on the set I have is really quite resistant and takes a bit of effort to push down to dispense any product. From the description (Meadow Posy) one would expect a pleasant floral scent, but to be honest I mainly get almond/vanilla/shea. The hand wash does cleanse my hands and the moisturiser softens, but I can't say this is something I would buy. It seems really over priced and feel like you are just paying lots for the name.

Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Hydrating Body Lotion 260 ml
Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Hydrating Body Lotion 260 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Pricey Body Lotion, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The product I received didn't come with a pump bottle as per the Amazon illustration, but one of those caps that you press down one side to bring the other up to dispense. Obviously better if you want to take this away with you, but after only a few uses I found it really difficult to dispense the product and ended up unscrewing the lid.

The scent is supposedly Meadow Posy but rather than some sort of floral smell, I get shea butter and almond oil. Not unpleasant, but not what I expected.

It's ok as a body lotion, but not brilliant. Currently priced at £10 on Amazon, you really are paying for the name as you could get a better product at a more reasonable price.

Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Firm Body Moisturiser 130 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Firm Body Moisturiser 130 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Pricey Body Cream, 7 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bee Venom appears to be the miracle ingredient of the moment. Not quite sure how that's supposed to work, and how this manages to be 'been friendly' - presumably no bees were harmed in the making of this product?

This cream is rally quite solid in consistency - we're at the body butter rather than souffle end of the scale. It says to massage in firmly with circular movements and I found that it took a fair amount of effort to rub it in properly.

There is a scent to it, but it's not unpleasant and not very strong at all in my opinion.

This is supposed to be a firming moisturiser with bee venom and Mankua Honey amongst other things. I can't say I have noticed a great difference from using this to the usual body creams I use and this is fairly pricey, so three stars from me.

Post-it 15mm x 50mm Note Page Markers - Orange/ Green/ Yellow/ Pink/ Neon Pink (100 Sheets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Markers, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pack of five colours (100 of each apparently) of post-it page markers. They are sticky at the top (short) and and are useful if you need to easily and cleanly mark pages for future reference. I've used these in cook books using one colour to mark things I already cook fairly frequently and another for things that I think might be worth trying. They could also be useful for students to mark revision notes or if you are reading for a book club and want to refer to a particular passage when you meet.

Good selection of contrasting colours. Four stars as although they are useful I still think they are a little pricey.

Rapesco Paper Holder/Staple Remover - Pink
Rapesco Paper Holder/Staple Remover - Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This paper holder/staple remover is pretty small but rather useful. Not as big as a traditional copyholder, so not taking up as much room, but still able to hold papers up for whatever reason you may need them for. If the paper if A4 or larger it may require a stiffer back sheet to ensure it stays up properly.

the one I have is a light, slightly girly shade of pink, which is rather cute. It's small, it's useful and it's durable. There is also a little gadget on the back helpful for removing staples.

Rodial Bee Venom Night 50 ml
Rodial Bee Venom Night 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars To Bee, or Not To Bee?, 19 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This night cream contains synthesised bee venom, which is understand is supposed to act like a sort of botox an have a smoothing effect on wrinkles. The clear plastic lid is removed and then you press down on the top of the jar which squeezes some of the cream up, so you don't have to keep dipping your fingers in. The cream is fairly thick and feels almost tacky in consistency, but absorbs ok without feeling greasy.

As to achieving it's stated objective, well my skin feels good, but I'm not sure I can claim it is any better than other quality night creams I have used and for me it doesn't justify the £90 price tag.

Manuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil 30 ml
Manuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Facial Oil, 19 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've not used a facial oil before and wasn't sure quite how it would work. I have a slightly oily t-zone and combination skin overall, so putting oil onto my face didn't seem like the best idea, but willing to give it a try!

This is quite pricey at around 20 quid, but a little really does go a long way and I used this in place of a serum, which are comparable in price (or more expensive!). There is a pipette dropper and I used just a couple of drops after cleansing and toning, which seemed to be enough without making my face too greasy. It absorbs easily and quite quickly into the skin and has left it feeling soft and smooth. I've not found it to be any more greasy during the day.

It does claim to reduce pore size, and I can't say I've noticed much change there, but having quite large pores on my nose I'm feeling fairly resigned to nothing much being able to change that!

The smell is quite pleasant and this is going to last for ages. I think this is a product that would be worth giving a try and my skin has been feeling extra soft. Like any cosmetic product, it will doubtless suit some people more than other.

Post-it notes, 47.6 x 47.6 mm Super Sticky Small Notes (Pack of 4)
Post-it notes, 47.6 x 47.6 mm Super Sticky Small Notes (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Notes, 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to have sticky notes everywhere, but that was before the days of hotdesking. Nevertheless, this pack of Post Its is excellent for jotting down an important note or using in meetings etc.

They are smaller than the standard pads, but this will be adequate for many uses. I wasn't all that taken with the colour selection on offer here either; the pink is OK but the other three are a bit too neutral and slightly similar - a better colour range would help these stand out more if they are being used to group different ideas be type.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20