Profile for Adrian Morris > Reviews

Adrian Morris (England)

The Temperance Movement
The Temperance Movement

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb debut album, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Temperance Movement (Audio CD)
A brilliant debut album from the most promising British blues/rock band to emerge for a long time.
People compare the sound to Lynyrd Skynyrd,The Black Crowes etc I would compare them to 'Cry of Love' in places,but they definitely have their own sound.
Great variation of sounds and style,excellent guitar work,power packed vocals,a definite 5 stars.
As others have mentioned,try to get to see them live,they work damn hard to make sure everyone has a good night.
The only worry I would have is how can they follow this?
I would recommend this album to anyone with a pulse,join the Movement.

Amaryllis
Amaryllis

1.0 out of 5 stars Shinedown/letdown, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Amaryllis (Audio CD)
I am (or at least was)a massive Shinedown fan,I have all the albums and have seen them a number of times.
After a long wait I really expected another storming record like previous efforts,but this falls well short,some of it sounds like the bits cut from the previous album,
some sounds like Elton John wrote it,if 'Take that' did a rock album this would be it.
I am probably in the minority,but I think the band performed better and wrote better music with the older,two guitarist line up.
Give me 'The sound of Madness','Leave a Whisper' or 'Us and them' any day,this one is at the bottom of the pile.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 10:23 AM GMT

Welcome To The Freakshow
Welcome To The Freakshow
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 27 Dec. 2012
I must start by saying that I like Hinder,I have all the other albums,but 'Welcome to the Freakshow' is a wishy washy disappointment. Waaaaay too many soft,predictable tracks,nothing really stands out.
The image is tattoo's,booze,guitars,drums and girls......the sound????...well its like Westlife with a couple of riffs thrown in.
And at 36 mins in total,they were not really taxing themselves were they?

The Sound of Madness [Limited Edition]
The Sound of Madness [Limited Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Shining Brighter, 28 Jan. 2009
A amazingly energetic album with such a range of songs, if you put this on in the car ,you will probably loose your licence whilst listening to Devour!!!!
Shinedown have delivered another sensational set of tunes,i just cant work out why they are not a whole lot bigger than they are,I have seen them twice in the last couple of months, these guys really deliver live,if there is any justice they will get the breaks they deserve and be playing some bigger gigs soon.Buy this, leave a whisper and Us and them,They will revitalise your soul 100%.

2Gb Pro Audio (Samsung Memory) USB2 MP3 Player with FM - Red
2Gb Pro Audio (Samsung Memory) USB2 MP3 Player with FM - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars if only I had read the other review....., 18 Jan. 2009
First review was spot on , item totally useless,would not playback music saying no file etc etc,but hook it up to the computer again and there is the uploaded music,Radio less use than a chocolate fire gaurd , 0 reception.The instructions[?] are written in a language I can only describe as pidgeon gibberish , complete twaddle.Now llonline appear to have disappeared off the radar too , save your money and buy something different , I wish I had.
P.S. it only got 1 star rating because nothing lower was available.

Black Ice (Deluxe)
Black Ice (Deluxe)
Offered by Fulfillment Express

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality again, 23 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Black Ice (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
First let me say I am and always have been a massive AC/DC fan.I have travelled around the country and around the world to see them live which is always a stunning gig.
But this album is poor,really poor.Sounds like they got together friday afternoon after a pub lunch and wrote and recorded the whole lot before teatime.lyrically the worst album I have ever heard,god knows how many times you can use rock and roll in a song, but this must be near the limit.
Produced in an outside toilet from the sound of it[what is Brian singing? mostly I cant tell] .
There is a feeling of running out of ideas,recycled might be a better term.One shining light,track 10 , sounds great to start ,then fails lyrically and fades away.
For reference I own every AC/DC album,most singles,videos DVD's etc,this album is at the bottom of the list. Buy Back in Black to hear AC/DC [johnson era] at their best.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2009 8:16 PM GMT