Profile for stella n > Reviews

Content by stella n

stella n

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Garden House Angelica sylvestris (Native Wildflower) 'Vicars Mead' - Damp; Bog; Water-garden, BEE & Perfect for Pollinators Pot Plant

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived promptly, well and carefully packaged. Planted straightaway ..., 29 Jun. 2014
Arrived promptly, well and carefully packaged. Planted straightaway in prospective bog garden. Currently, not doing so well BUT I think that's my fault (lack of maintenance) not the firm's. I hope that, having established roots, I will see results next year.

EPIMEDIUM 'BARRENWORT' VERSICOLOR SULPHUREUM 'BISHOPS HAT' YELLOW HARDY GOUND COVER FLOWERING SHADE HAPPY PLANT
Offered by homeandgardenbargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this plant and packaging, 29 Jun. 2014
See my review for Epimedium grandiflorum. Happy with this plant and packaging. Planted straightaway as a thriving plant. Died back now but I anticipate it will emerge again in spring.

Epimedium grandiflorum 'Red Beauty'
Epimedium grandiflorum 'Red Beauty'
Offered by Westcountry Nurseries

5.0 out of 5 stars Plant arrived promptly, well packaged and thriving. Planted ..., 29 Jun. 2014
Plant arrived promptly, well packaged and thriving. Planted straightaway. It has now died back (naturally) but I anticipate it will grow again next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased with plant, 29 Jun. 2014
So pleased with plant, despatch and packaging from this firm. Arrived on time, healthy in the green, planted immediately and now thriving in my garden. Recommend this firm but do not deal with West Country Nurseries, Bideford, Devon. See my reviews under 'Trillium'

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Do not buy trillium from West Country Nurseries, 21 Jun. 2014
Please see my review for trillium cernuum. So agree with other three reviewers. Such disapponting 'plants'- non-existent, unsatisfactory packaging and total refusal from company to phone regarding my concerns or to consider refund under Amazon procedures.I have lost £44.00 for original order for four plants plus delivery, and a further £4.40 spent returning the four tiny corms I received in its soggy packaging, etc, at MY OWN COST as I am so disgusted with this firm. Fortunately, I have found other firms online who treat customers better and charge less for 'specimens'.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY TRILLIUM FROM WEST COUNTRY NURSERIES, 13 Jun. 2014
Please see my reviews for trillium sulcatum, trillium catesby.and trillium grandiflorum.Such tiny corms sent at huge cost (£44.00 incluing delivery) when 'PLANTS' were anticipated and such negative response from nursey when phoned/ contacted by letter!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 Trillium corms received from West Country Nurseries 04/06/14 whic, 8 Jun. 2014
I ordered four Trillium from this Nursery, which arrived at 1.20 p.m on 04/06/14 and were unpacked immediately frrom a rather damp box and were poorly packed in damp newspaper/shredded copy paper inside. They were packed in 3cm pots. I expected plants so was surprised that two pots 'appeared' to contain no plants at all. One plant had brown leaves; the fourth, small but 'acceptable' for planting. Total cost for four trillium plus handling/postage was £44.00 so not a cheap purchase.

I phoned the Nursery twice and left a message on the answer phone, asking them to phone me. No response. Phoned again on 7th June and outlined complaint. Someone answered but did not speak to me, so I sent a letter which should reach them on 9th. Meanwhile, I assume in response to my phone call, I received an email which has disappointed and angered me.

It stated 'the plants (I STRESS 'PLANTS') were checked twice before despatch and there are definitely corms in the pots - they are dormant now and will not make growth until next year as is explained on the listing in capital letters'

On searching the two 'empty' pots, I found the 'corms'[ for 'Trillium grandiflora (ironic)' and 'Trilli' (costum catesbyi' ;very disappointing in size; one measures a mere 2 cms; the second 5cms. They cost £6.50 and £7.50 respectively!

I planted 'Trillium cernuum.' (£7.50) and 'Trillium silcatum'(£8.50) but both are dying back.

I intend digging them up tomorrow, Monday 9th and posting all four 'corms' back to West Country Nurseries,Donkey Meadow, Woolsery, BIDEFORD, Devon, EX39 5QH, with some of their compost, plant po6ts and part of the soggy box.

I feel cheated and misled as online search(print and pictures) led me to expect PLANTS! I have been made the 'donkey' here!!

I think I should be fully reimbursed the £44.00 I spent with this firm. Certainly, I will NEVER order from them again and advise others not to do so!

On the same day, I received other plants from the following nurseries: Burncoose, in Cornwall, Edrom Nurseries, Scotland and plantago,`Cheshire: beautiful, healthy plants which will give pleasure for years to come.So well packed too.

labrador Retriever Cold Cast Bronze Sculpture 31056
labrador Retriever Cold Cast Bronze Sculpture 31056
Offered by UKGiftGallery

5.0 out of 5 stars Labrador retriever cold cast bronze sculpture 31056, 27 Feb. 2014
Bought as an anniversary present for disabled husband who adores our choc lab, a wonderful companion. This sculpture is beautifully designed, well-made and emotionally, sums up the character of a lab so well. We are delighted with our purchase which arrived on time, expertly packed and satisfied in every way.

Rachel Ellen Design Pirate Mug
Rachel Ellen Design Pirate Mug
Offered by Hanrattycraftsgifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirate Mug present, 27 Feb. 2014
I love this mug! Great gift for four-year-old great nephew in Aus along with other piratical treasures.Design great. Price so reasonable. Arrived well packed and 'safe'. Hope it fares as well on voyage 'down under'!

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Acid Reflux Diet (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
by Maria A Bella

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete Idiot's Guide to the Acid Reflux Diet, 3 Sept. 2013
A useful and informative book which I would recommend to those, like me, diagnosed with digestive problems (hiatus hernia and diverticular disease). Clearly written with sensible recommendations, not 'heavy' or too technical. I have followed suggestions about foods to avoid and foods that help. This, with medication suggested by consultant, have hugely improved my health. It's great to avoid pain and discomfort!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3