Profile for Robbie Hunter > Reviews

Robbie Hunter "Robbie"

The Complaints
The Complaints

5.0 out of 5 stars not rebus…and it's good, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Complaints (Kindle Edition)
I thought it might just be a Rebus carbon copy, but was pleasantly surprised by the polar differences between Rebus and Fox.

Very much looking forward to start reading the next book.

Model Business Letters, E-mails and Other Business Documents
Model Business Letters, E-mails and Other Business Documents
by Shirley Taylor Cert. Ed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional help., 27 Feb. 2006
I never forget my Office and Information Studies course at school, and being taught how to do a professional business letter layout. I wondered where my teachers learnt it. By chance I stumbled across this book in the language school where I now work. We have to prepare students for various tests, and I nearly wept with joy when I found the example of how to type a modern business letter, and it was the exact same layout as I remember from school! This is the updated version, and includes a lot more about email, as it is now a part of everyday office culture.
The examples are clear and the language is modern. Shirley teaches us to use our modern spoken language (not slang) for letter writing, while still maintaining professionalism. She helps to clear up a lot of mess from our letters, emails, reports etc, making them easier for the reader.
Check lists at the end of some chapters are EXTREMELY valuable; ensuring that we've included everything we should have included and to check the tone is correct. There are also sections of useful expressions which just further enhance your correspondence.
My students asked me if there was a book they could buy to help them with their letter writing. I brought my copy from home, and they all wanted it.
My copies lives beside my pc. It's a must-have for any company or individual.
Stop being sloppy with your letter writing (and other documents)...buy this book!

Priest [VHS] [1994]
Priest [VHS] [1994]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Gripping! Funny! Emotional! Buy it!, 24 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Priest [VHS] [1994] (VHS Tape)
I am SO glad that I bought this video. It is a film that can....and will be watched over and over again. You can't help feeling involved in the story. I had my expectations that the story was going to be solely about the sexuality of the priest, but it's not. Yes it plays a large part of the film, but a lot of it is struggle with the morals and ethics of being a priest, and his being accepted by the community, when he is "outed".
I urge you to buy this video.

Madonna: What It Feels Like For A Girl [DVD]
Madonna: What It Feels Like For A Girl [DVD]
Dvd ~ Guy Ritchie
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST" for every Madonna fan!, 21 Aug. 2001
A strange video........but very enjoyable! If you weren't lucky enough to see the music video on TV, then this is a must, and if like me you did....you too will want to have it in your collection. Maybe I'm biased because I love everything that Madonna does.
Step right up....see madonna Stun the public! See her giving white knuckle rides to old people! Watch in horror as she drives dangerously around the city!
Not to be missed!

Madonna - The Girlie Show - Live Down Under [VHS] [1993]
Madonna - The Girlie Show - Live Down Under [VHS] [1993]
Offered by sweet_inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars What truly magnificent concert., 31 Jan. 2001
I was lucky enough to be at the first GIRLIE SHOW in London. Forget all your usual preconceptions about a concert (eg the artist standing in front of a mic, a bit of a dance, changing clothes half way through). This is a theatrical concert. The show starts with a female sliding down a huge GOGO pole. Express Yourself, is done with a DISCO vibe, and Madonna enteres the stage by being lowered on a huge mirror ball. LIKE A VIRGIN is performed in a Marlene Dietrich tribute (Like a Wurgin). HOLIDAY adopts a Military style, which works really well. JUSTIFY MY LOVE has an earie quality about it, and everyone is dressed like the characters from "My Fair Lady", when they are at the races. (everyone moving in sync, as if watching a horse running).
If you never get the chance to see this spectacular and wonderfully imaginative woman in concert, then buy this video and prepare for your spine to tingle.

Lily Savage: Untransmittable Savage [VHS]
Lily Savage: Untransmittable Savage [VHS]
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars Untransmittable?, 12 Jan. 2001
It starts off well, and shows us the bits that the would NEVER be transmitted on terrestrial TV, but it then fizzles away into showing clips from the series when the timing is wrong for walking onto the set, or they aren't ready to start the recording. Don't get me wrong, somebits, when they aren't ready, and she is speaking to the audience are funny, it's just not a continuously funny video. At one point there is a video diary by her son, which I'm sorry, is rather dull. It does have a few more funny bits after that, for example the joke she starts to tell, about the Nun. Unfortunatley I feel that this isn't as funny as "Live & Outrageous". A bit disappointing really.

Ultra-Lounge: Christmas Cocktails: Part Two
Ultra-Lounge: Christmas Cocktails: Part Two

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesemonger a go-go, with tinsel and egg nog!, 10 Jan. 2001
If your looking to throw a festive party, and you need some quality cheese, then this is the CD for you. If a cheese fondue was musical, this is how I would like to think it would sound at Christmas. Christmas songs in a cool, loungey vibe...what more could you want? Dean Martin's "BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE" is my fav. When I go this CD last year, I continuously woke my partner up by playing this song, and putting it on repeat. What better way to wake up on a cold morning in your flat, that the smooth tones of Dean....lulling you into conciousness!