Profile for Rick > Reviews

Rick (Houston, TX, USA)

Between the Sticks
Between the Sticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 23 Sept. 2013
As a football fan and especially one who has followed Sheffield United since the early 60's it was great to relive some of the good years we had back then in the First Division. More than that though it's a great insight into Alan's technical abilities and to hear of his exploits after Sheffield United.

Justinguitar.Com Beginner'S Songbook J. Sandercoe (Easy Guitar With Notes & Tab)
by Sandercoe Justin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Addition to the on-line Lessons, 27 Dec. 2011
Like many other reviewers I have been learning guitar for years and had plateaued at a poor level. Then along comes Justin Sandercoe with his engaging teaching style and my guitar playing is reaching a very good standard which allows me to play songs confidently. This book is the icing on the cake for me. 100 songs all in order of difficulty is fantastic, the quality of the song choices is excellent giving all musical tastes something to work on. Goodbye Yankee Doodle and Jingle Bells - Hello Sultans of Swing and 99 more like it!

I recommend Justin as a teacher, his Beginners course on-line, on DVD or in the new companion book to the songbook. I fully recommend this book to provide the missing link for budding guitar players everywhere.

I now look forward to his Intermediate Course and his Intermediate Songbook in the next year or so, after all I need Justin to keep up with my progress!

Thor 28577T 2 Way Automatic HDMI Selector
Thor 28577T 2 Way Automatic HDMI Selector

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 40 days!, 26 April 2011
I bought this for my Dad as he had two devices needing an HDMI connection to a TV with only one HDMI socket. When it first arrived it worked well but then after 40 days stopped working completely and seemed to affect the HDMI socket on the TV which wouldn't work with a device connected directly to it. The good news is that his TV wasn't damaged by this device as the HDMI connection on the TV started working again after switching the TV off and on again. I'm wondering, but I'm not an expert, whether this device was somehow shorting out the TV connection?