Profile for notcruella > Reviews

Content by notcruella

notcruella (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
DKNY (DNKY5) Women's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet NY8541
Offered by Authentic Hour EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant but strap a bit fiddly!, 23 July 2016
Lovely watch - looks like a piece of jewellery. I replaced an older style DKNY watch that I had had for over a decade and was still going strong but after losing a link from the strap could no longer be worn. Watch does appear to be waterproof and it gets many admiring glances. Elegant and reliable item I am sure will be a worthy replacement of its beloved predecessor. My only gripe? The strap is a bit fiddly to open and close by yourself. Make sure you have strong nails! Can't imagine it will loosen and fail though which is a plus. I have very thin wrists and being able to remove sections to make the strap fit well is a fabulous feature. Really happy. Five stars if it were quicker to put on and take off.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ornami Sterling Silver Multi Row Square Edged Ring - Size L
Ornami Sterling Silver Multi Row Square Edged Ring - Size L

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Dec. 2015
Beautiful chunky ring. Size is exactly right. Unusual design and looks amazing for the price. Love it!

Melting Rubix Cube The Big Bang Theory Sheldon Cooper funny joke cool science team bang theory father birthday christmas present gift Mens Cotton T-Shirt (Colour - Black, Size - M)
Offered by Snuggle

2.0 out of 5 stars Tshirt size is fine but the material is thin and print is 'plasticky' ..., 15 Dec. 2015
Tshirt size is fine but the material is thin and print is 'plasticky' - I am not convinced will cope after a couple of washes. The colours are nice but the print feels like it will peel off fairly soon.

Fly London Womens Bud Patent Court Shoes P142297010 Black 6 UK, 39 EU
Fly London Womens Bud Patent Court Shoes P142297010 Black 6 UK, 39 EU

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but have split from the sole after very little wear., 3 Jun. 2015
I loved these shoes. I bought them as Fly are a great brand and I have worn their boots happily for years, finding them a great fit and to last really well. I expected these shoes to be the same - comfortable for work but smart and hard wearing. Sadly this has not been the case.
I started to wear these in March to work and they have come away from the sole along the outside of the right shoe. They have only been worn once or twice a week as I remain a boots afficionado so no problems have arisen through overuse or constant wearing. There is no other wear and the damage is irreparable - the shoes can no longer be worn with a gaping hole along one side. This is clearly a manufacturing fault and I am deeply saddened. The shoes themselves were lovely and very comfortable to wear in a job where I am on my feet all day. I am now on the lookout for something to replace them but feel they have soured my experience of Fly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, frustrating, emotional, confusing, amazing.... read it!, 29 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
Wuthering Heights has taken me years to approach - it has such a reputation that I was scared of being disappointed by the work itself. However, inscrutable Yorkshire accent from Joseph the farmhand aside, it was an absolutely wonderful reading experience. Heathcliff is often upheld as a dual character whom the work revolves around and is difficult to love or loathe entirely. However, none of the characters are without their personality flaws and that, I believe, is one of the true strengths of the book. You can empathise and sympathise throughout as every character is ultimately human, with human foibles, human desires and capable of making tragic human mistakes. The tragedy inherent in the story is relentless, it has the reader gripped with uneasiness and anticipation - you desperately want the suffering and misery to end yet for it to do so would mean some kind of mental breathing space that somehow would not be welcome.
I adored this book. I will re-read it again and again. I cannot rate it highly enough - a deserved classic.

My Singing Monsters
My Singing Monsters

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously addictive!, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: My Singing Monsters (App)
Fab wee singing monsters to waste more time over. Love this. Yes,it would require money to progress really quickly but it has small entertaining games along the way while you wait for monsters to breed and hatch. Fun, tuneful and free. Raised a smile here.

Fly London Mes K Girls' Biker Boots - Black, 6 UK, 39 EU
Fly London Mes K Girls' Biker Boots - Black, 6 UK, 39 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab FLY boots, 1 Mar. 2013
I was a little concerned that youth size 6 would be neater than an adult size 6 but I cannot fault these smart little boots. They fit perfectly and reach just above my mid calf level (I am 5' 6) so are terrific with skirts and dresses. The narrow calf is just right for anyone who finds adult boots can have an excessive amount of leather around the calf area. I have always found it difficult to get boots that do not gape, bunch or bulge around the lower leg as I have small calves and ankles. These boots are a superb fit and none of those issues have arisen.
Regarding their rain resilience, I have not had a problem wearing them in wet weather. They have a zip along the inside of the leg which reaches just above the sole at the arch of the foot and this is clearly a point where water could enter the boot, however, they are not marketed as Wellington boots and if you do not wade in puddles then your feet will stay dry. Superb product, lightning fast delivery and a very happy boot wearing customer!

Fly London Maos, Women's Boots
Fly London Maos, Women's Boots
Price: £91.71 - £135.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly beautiful and very comfortable, 6 Feb. 2013
I was a little concerned about buying these boots online after reading some of the other reviews but am SO glad that I took the plunge. I am a size 6 but have awkward feet thanks to operations on them as a child leaving a slight twist in them. I normally need a shoe with reasonable support and width can cause a problem over the middle section of my feet. However, despite the fact they are a little reluctant to be pulled on with ease (new leather!), these boots are amazing. I bought the Petrol colourway and it is simply beautiful. I wore the boots for the first time today and was stopped at every turn by people remarking on the deep teal colour of my lovely new footwear! In spite of the boots being brand new, I had them on for a solid 12 hours and have suffered no discomfort whatsoever. I have fairly narrow ankles and calves so it was tremendous to have boots that did not flap around or gape. I had no problem with the leather around my ankles.
These boots are tremendous quality, nicely made and look stunning - 5 stars all the way!

Tetris Link Board Game
Tetris Link Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality toy for hours of fun and secret learning!, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tetris Link Board Game (Toy)
I bought this game to try and distract my sons from their various electronic game obsessions. The game is exceptionally well made - the plastic pieces are smoothly finished and feel substantial, the game board (like a modified Connect 4 board) is robust and looks fit to last hours of gameplay and my only minor gripe would be that the scoring sliders on the side of the board may suffer for enthusiastic young hands trying to move them in the heat of play. They have not failed or suffered as yet but the grooves the sliders click into can be skipped so that an extra point is scored surreptitiously and this leads to some arguments... The scoring system is actually quite complicated and the instructions could be a little clearer.

However, that being said, this game does demand the development of strategy skills, spatial awareness (the clear plastic game board and the see through coloured pieces mean that younger children can position the pieces on the outside to check how the piece could be rotated to avoid a points penalty by leaving a space underneath the the piece when it is slotted into the board) and turn taking under strict parameters.

This game has now become a part of our family week and we look forward to getting the board out. It provides a most welcome interruption from computer and games machine screens and has enough challenge to interest even my self confessed tech addict 10 year old. I look forward to playing Tetris Link with them for years to come - a super adaptation of a well loved computer game.

Kahuna Women's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue Display and Black Plastic or PU Strap KLS-0281L

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch - even better than the photo looks!, 16 Jan. 2013
I wanted a good looking watch that would not break the bank to wear for work - I have to be fairly smart at work but wanted something with a bit of personality. This watch fits the bill perfectly. It looks terrific for the price, came in a lovely little giftbox and has a comfortable strap with lots of size holes to adjust it to most sizes of wrist. I am delighted with this purchase. Thoroughly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2