Profile for B. U. Pierce > Reviews

Content by B. U. Pierce

B. U. Pierce (Worthing UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Woods
The Woods

4.0 out of 5 stars The book was a bit slow starting but once I ..., 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Woods (Kindle Edition)
The book was a bit slow starting but once I got into it I couldn't put it down. I have now followed it up with another Harlan Coben book

Fractured
Fractured

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down. Trying to fathom out what had actually happened, I was never prepared for the final solution of the puzzle which got me thinking about the story for days. An excellent book, beautifully written.

The New Arrival: Part 2 of 3: The Heartwarming True Story of a 1970s Trainee Nurse

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting sequel, 3 May 2014
I am looking forward to reading Part 3 and hope we learn a little more about Sarah's work as well as her private life.

Behind Palace Doors - My Service as the Queen Mother's Equerry
Behind Palace Doors - My Service as the Queen Mother's Equerry

4.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse at the Queen Mum's private life, 3 May 2014
I enjoyed this account of everyday life with the royals and learned a lot, especially that the higher persons are placed in society, the more relaxed about etiquette they are. The book comes over as written with affection and admiration for a grand old lady.

The New Arrival: Part 1 of 3: The Heartwarming True Story of a 1970s Trainee Nurse

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down, 3 May 2014
A good and enjoyable read. The only reason I have not given it five stars is that one learns very little about the actual work Sarah does and how it compares with modern practices.

Bissell Carpet Mate Manual Carpet Sweeper, Triple Sweeping 2000
Bissell Carpet Mate Manual Carpet Sweeper, Triple Sweeping 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 17 April 2012
I was delighted to receive my new light-weight carpet sweeper and had complete trust in the well-established make. However, when I tried to use it at the slightest pressure applied, the brushes fell off which, I assume, is due to the fact that attachments holding them in place and which were formerly made of metal were plastic ones which was not strong enough. The only surface the sweeper works effectively on is the lino in our kitchen. I consider the sweeper not fit for purpose and would not recommend buying one.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for children of all ages, 6 Feb. 2011
As the grandchildren had helcopters for Christmas, Grandpa had to have one too for his birthday. The instructions for this one are much clearer and easier to follow but a drawback is that this model has wheels instead of skids which makes it likely to fall over at take-off or landing. It would also have been helpful if it had said on the box that six batteries were needed instead of "Ready to fly"!

Apart from that, a great toy for the whole family which teaches coordination and concentration. I do recommend it.

Monopoly Property Trading Game (2007 version)
Monopoly Property Trading Game (2007 version)
Offered by EnjoyToys

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless fun, 6 Jan. 2011
I am glad I bought the traditionla Monopoly game for my 9 year old granddaughter. She loved it and I had forgotten how interesting and how much fun it was - although - as I said - somewhat endless!!

It has withstood the test of time and the quality of the game , counters, etc. is excellent. It educates people how to invest money wisely and I can thoroughly recommend it, however, perhaps, not for children below eight or nine.

Haydn: Missa in Angustiis 'Nelson Mass'; Te Deum /Pinnock
Haydn: Missa in Angustiis 'Nelson Mass'; Te Deum /Pinnock

4.0 out of 5 stars Haydn's Nelson Mass, 12 May 2009
Although not the very latest, this is still a very good recording. I do recommend it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting Edge, 12 May 2009
Richardson Sheffield 6 Piece Steak Knife Set

I am very pleased with these knives, strong, dishwashersafe and sharp for ever - just what you are looking for in a steak knife.

Page: 1 | 2