Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Ms. Vanessa IW > Reviews

Content by Ms. Vanessa IW

Ms. Vanessa IW "Vanessa IW" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bosch Rotak 32R Electric Rotary Lawnmower with 32cm Cutting Width
Bosch Rotak 32R Electric Rotary Lawnmower with 32cm Cutting Width

4.0 out of 5 stars Good worker, good price, better fit and instructions would help., 21 May 2017
I have just used this for the first time, to replace an almost identical model from 6 years ago which start to chew the grass and make growly bad noises, the blade had gone perhaps, and I did not want to tackle blade replacement with an uncertain outcome. So time for a new one. Arrived fine...as ever putting the black handles together was fine and then on the base was ok but I could not get them down into the inadequate holes deeply enough, let alone get any of the screws in through the hole slots which were supposed to hold the handles in place to the base, badly fitted...However I simply pushed hard down and when I used the machine it holds together fine, so if anyone else has that problem it's ok, it works.

I didn't bother with putting on the plastic bits to hold the cable on the side, not clear instructions and from the diagram I wondered whether another pair of black screws was missing. The grass box was fitted together much more easily than the old model. So I was up and mowing fine, it does the job well, yes I did not like the lack of the old lever for height of cut, but I didn't find pushing the wheels in their slots up and down any trouble, once I'd studied the booklet on how. Literally push them out of the slots and it was easier than the old lever which was very stiff to work. Mow was great, 2cm slot, didn't pick up slightly damp mossy lawn well, but moved it up to 4cm for the longer grass and it was perfect, all pick up fine and smart finished look. So for the price it works fine and it is significantly lighter than the older model of 2011 I bought and less expensive. So all in all, I'm pleased. Worth buying so far.

Wives and Daughters (Repackaged) [DVD]
Wives and Daughters (Repackaged) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Francesca Annis

5.0 out of 5 stars Super drama, very high quality top actors too., 5 April 2017
I re-watch this a lot, a superb drama, engaging, moving with great actors all round, attractive scenery and a very good screenplay, lovely. Should be repeated on TV.

Korbond 10 m Hemming Web
Korbond 10 m Hemming Web

4.0 out of 5 stars works well and no trouble, don't buy the Hemming 'Tape' by same company, no good., 29 Mar. 2017
Unlike the Korbond Hemming tape, which implies it does the same thing and does not work, (an iron on-stick two fabrics together for hemming), this web works! The Korbond hemming tape is very misleading and whatever it was designed to do, it does not work, hence my other review, but this hemming web is completely obvious and reliable and has successfully bonded my two fabrics together, linen in my case. Cut a strip, place between the two fabric areas, not too much bigger than the tape width and then iron together, hold a minute and then leave to cool off. Sticks nicely.

Korbond 4.5 m Hemming Tape, Black
Korbond 4.5 m Hemming Tape, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 29 Mar. 2017
Bought this from Sainsburys in white version. I couldn't make it stick at all, folded over the linen again and again, repeated attempts never stuck to anything, stuck a bit to one side and refused to 'iron on' and stick at all to other side to fold over. Really annoyed. It looks thicker than the older kind I had once which always worked. Weird and totally useless.

The Cookery Year
The Cookery Year
by Reader's Digest

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic for life., 17 Feb. 2017
This review is from: The Cookery Year (Hardcover)
I've still got our family 1973 edition and it's a must have for the basics, particularly baking and preserves, all the basics. Yes some of the main dishes have gone out of fashion but it's so full of the useful stuff, every house should have one. Buy it, it's so cheap here anyway.

A Pot of Marmalade: The ultimate guide to making and cooking with marmalade
A Pot of Marmalade: The ultimate guide to making and cooking with marmalade
by Sarah Randell

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, make your own marmalade, it's easy!, 17 Feb. 2017
Bought this to add to my experience of making marmalade from my old Reader's Digest 1970s book. Helpful inspirational combinations to try. I've love the hardback for the pictures, but felt that the paperback would do and these things get sticky with marmalade around the kitchen! I wouldn't use the recipes for puddings so much, so yes, I am mainly interested in the recipes at the beginning. I've tried the classic Seville. I felt the Quince and sweet oranges wasn't so distinctive, but interesting to try. I can recommend inventing one's own, so I've tried a Seville and Lemon combination and it taste super tart, that will wake me up at breakfast! Her website is lovely and it's good to see the marmalade returning to popularity. You can't buy homemade Seville M in any shop, no matter how grand and it only takes a morning to do.

Regatta Women's Tarah Body Warmer, Navy, Size 14
Regatta Women's Tarah Body Warmer, Navy, Size 14
Offered by GM Suppliers

4.0 out of 5 stars As it's only for casual wear its not a problem but I would recommend ignoring reviews on size and if not then, 6 Oct. 2016
Due to the reviews saying it was a tight fit, I Ordered a 14 when I'm really a 10-12, but it is slightly large, particularly round the chest and armholes. As it's only for casual wear its not a problem but I would recommend ignoring reviews on size and if not then, they now seem to fit as normal, a 14 is generous for a 12 size person. Apart from that, it's a very nice smart garment and very good value, so it's certainly worth buying. Arrived earlier than expected too.

ONEPRE Vintage Edison Light Bulb B22 Bayonet 40W Reproduction Filament Light Bulb
Offered by ONEPRE

5.0 out of 5 stars Super heritage feature of period home, 25 Aug. 2016
Looking for ways of emphasising our 1930 period features, after spotting these in a local shop. Here they are a quarter of the price and arrived fine, well packed and fitted all our standard bayonet fittings and work beautifully. They add distinction to rooms where we have hardly, if any lampshades, like the loo, or bathroom, or on a tiny glass drop overhead in a bedroom. Also they look very good on old lampbases and being not bright they look good anywhere. Super things.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Daewoo RC350BK-N Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Hoover Energy Efficent A+ 3Ltr Capacity

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little buy, powerful and small, longevity to be seen., 18 July 2016
Just arrived and done one round of hoovering upstairs and down. Amazing little thing. After years of coping with an old Dyson 02 model, which has become temperamental, cutting out, possibly overheating, or filter probs, I decided, I wanted something new and above all --- lightweight. Not prepared to pay enough for a holiday on a hoover, this was never going to be a loss, so took a chance. After being informed the arrival date would be 9 days (25th July), it actually arrived this morning, only 3 days, so that's great. Easy to put on hose and head, the Dyson head fell off, so stuck with the Daewoo head which works fine and stays on. The cord is good, as it only retracts when you press a button and so you are not fighting against the wall plug, perfect. Not quite as long as the Dyson, about 2 foot shorter. But the power is just as powerful, super there. So I shall see how the longevity goes. But it's looking good! I'm very pleased, and no-ones seems to have as much carpet now as 20 years ago. It' packs so easily, it's tiny, and sits discreetly in a corner. Extra bags arrived with it, ordered separately, but it's fitted with a bag and spares, ready to go out of the box. I've just done the second usage, a quick zip round the living room rug, just as marvellous as ever, and so easy...this is great....!

Perfect English
Perfect English
by Ros Byam Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant, carefully selected visual feast., 1 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Perfect English (Hardcover)
My favourite interiors book and the one I look at most often, a beautiful careful selection of interiors. Bang on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6