Profile for Flavia Pariciani > Reviews

Content by Flavia Pariciani

Flavia Pariciani

Swaddle Designs super soft cotton flannel Ultimate Receiving Blanket SD-028F -Large Dots and Hearts

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality and stylish, 29 Oct. 2011
I bought three of these blankets when my little girl was born, and after three years the blankets are still in great shape, and thanks to their generous size they've proven handy long after the swaddling months -as blankets for the little baby doll too...

Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Red
Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars back in fashion, simple and practical, 9 Oct. 2011
I bought this phone for its design and color (I had already checked the sound on some website), as a replacement of my despised cordless -I wanted a phone that would work at all the times. I really like this phone, although I was expecting a bigger phone (it's about 20x10 cm), but after all it is called 'trim phone'.

Bathrooms: Creating the Perfect Bathing Experience: Creating Your Perfect Sanctuary (Small Book of Home Ideas)
by Vinny Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars judging a book by its cover..., 3 Sept. 2011
well, I don't own the book but its cover shows such a cool idea for a small bathroom that I may buy the book.

The Garden of Vegan: How it All Vegan Again
The Garden of Vegan: How it All Vegan Again
by Tanya Barnard

5.0 out of 5 stars my foundation book, 28 Dec. 2010
I must admit that I am not vegan, nor vegetarian, BUT I'm constantly referring to this book to help me modifying traditional recipes into healthier versions (i.e. lower in fat, and with a greater variety of ingredients). It's been a true revelation to bake my first vegan cake using banana as egg substitute -and we all loved it!
The book is also such a fun read: see p.219 for tips on throwing a slumber party, or p.27 paragraph on 'saucy questions'...

The Just Bento Cookbook: Everyday Lunches to Go
The Just Bento Cookbook: Everyday Lunches to Go
by Makiko Itoh

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 27 Dec. 2010
It's been a while now since, fallen in love with bentos, I've been reading blogs on cooking the Japanese style and combine the dishes to create bentos, and by far, Makiko's blog it's the best. The book is just the climax of such work. Although this is my first purchased book on the matter, I'm an avid reader and owner of cookery books, and I can say that Makiko is a generous writer. The book is packed with tips on how to best organise your time and your pantry to create healthy and tasty meals, and there is enough information to get acquainted (and not discouraged) with some typical Japanese ingredients. I can't wait to start cooking!