Profile for A.Customer > Reviews

A.Customer

The Band Perry
The Band Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars True Talent, 20 April 2013
This review is from: The Band Perry (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this band because this band has all the VALUES I consider important in a band or artist. To me, yes it is about the music most of all but to make me really fall in love with a band is everything else, which most artists forget about. These things being stage presence, devotion to fans and the talent to create their own music. They only have one song on this album they weren't apart of writing and I hope they keep this up with future albums.

Note worthy songs to listen to are 'When I Die Young' and 'Double Heart' However my favourite is 'Independence'.

I love this song. What I also think is amazing is this was co-written with The Henningsens, who are amazing and have worked with them on many of their songs. This song is beautiful lyrically, musically etc etc. I say that a lot about songs but it is. Again this song is amazing to see live as well. I think what works with their music is the ability it has to be played live.

A lot of music that gets written and recorded nowadays is edited a lot, re-mastered, tweaked and effects added that cannot be created live. Their music, however, does not come across that way. Of course it is cleaned up etc but they are still able to create the 'album' effect live. I hate going to a show and half the song is missing or it sounds messy etc because most of it is edited. You do not get this with them, which I think is another reason I like them so much.

But going back to the song, I love the message in this song. It's about discovering the world for yourself even if it means you return home at the end. I like the fact that it still holds the idea of family as important as well with the line 'leavin' with question marks and momma's blessing'.

But what I love most about this song is the chorus. It's just fun with its repetitions and helps create imagery. The repetition of 'gun' and 'stone' gives the feel of a gun being shot or a stone skipping across the water. It works well because it does not feel that they have been put in for the sake of it. Sometimes I feel repetition can be lazy but it definitely is not here. Overall, this song is very pretty and is great to sing loudly on a summery day. It's also good to sing when you're in the UK and the weather is pants so you really want to get gone =P

I think The Band Perry are so much more than a band who make and perform music. They are hard working individuals that deserve every success possible. An opinion I will keep, so long as they stay true to who they are and do not get lost under ego and other peoples work. So go buy this album, you will not be dissapointed.

Concrete
Concrete
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't just like her, I LOVED her, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Concrete (Audio CD)
I was first introduced to Sunny Sweeney by my boyfriend. He knows me so well, right down to my taste in country music. He bought me her album Concrete for Christmas, in hopes that I would like her. I didn't just like her, I LOVED her. She is a brilliant but yet unrated country artist. I hope by featuring her I may just opened her up to some more fans.

For those of you who do not know the wonderful Sunny Sweeney, she has actually been active since 2004. She use to be signed by the well know country label Big Machine Records. However, in 2009 Big Machine Records partner up with Universal Republic Records to form Republic Nashville. Sunny Sweeney was the first artist to be signed to the label. Since the label has signed big artist such as The Band Perry and The Eli Young Band. In June 2010 Sunny Sweeney went on to release her first single the made it to the chart, 'From A Table Away'. This achieved 10 in the US Country charts and managed to make US Chart at 71.

The song I will be featuring today I one of my favourites from the album (second to Amy). It is called 'Drink Myself Single' and was the third single released off her album.

This song is your typical drinking and cheating drinking song. It's that song, when it comes on you turn up really loud, sing at the top of your voice and think about all the past idiots you once dated. Also you may want to add alcohol into the mix to really bring the song to it's true listening potential.

One of my favourite lines of the song is:

'I wanna find out what it's like to stagger in the house like you do every night'

It's just one of those lines which shows up the other half without actually saying it's bad. It is like a negative compliment, which country is so good at. One of the famous being 'cause after all he's just a man' - Tammy Wynette.

I love modern country and I love forms of classic country. So when modern country holds elements of classic country and shows it's roots, that's when I fall in love. That is why this song is one of my favourite because it fits the bill of a country song, yet its modern and upbeat and just damn right fun!

The rest of the album it's is brilliant and the song Amy is also a song worth listening too. So I say buy and enjoy =)

Kerosene [Us Import]
Kerosene [Us Import]
Offered by beaches_music_canada

5.0 out of 5 stars An Album Everyone Should Own, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Kerosene [Us Import] (Audio CD)
Yes, I suppose I am a bit bias in my opinion as Miranda Lambert is my favourite artist. Although, out of all her albums I personally feel this album is one of her best. It's her first, which is strange because first albums normally 'die' for me. I forget they exist, then when I do remember they never sound as good as when I first heard them. However, this album I suppose is like a good wine, the longer you leave it the better it gets (obviously not the case with every wine).

What made me realise this was one of my favourites, is the fact that nearly all my favourite songs are on this album. What I think is strange though is that this album is more just her, then her other albums. There is only one song on the album she was not a part of writing, compared to her latest album were she wrote less than half. It's also the one album to hold the most songs written by just her. Kerosene has five songs written by just her, whereas the others holding only 3 or 2 on her latest. However, what got me is that this is the only album to feature songs she wrote with her father. When I found that out it made me fall more in love with this album. So for me, if you want to know who Miranda Lambert is and her talent, this is the album to get.

Note worthy songs to listen to are the album's title song Kerosene and Mama, I'm Alright. Because I have already featured these I am going to choose a few songs which are also favourites, starting with my first favourite:

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

I loved this song from the moment I heard it. It is one of those songs that not only sounds good but everything about it is brilliant. This is one of the songs she co wrote with her father and she actually played on the TV show 'Nashville Star'. This song shows off Miranda's story telling ability in a song. No there isn't any 'clever' lyrics in the song but if there was it would ruin it. When listening to this song, I am able to create the scenario in my head. It is one of those classic movie moments were the actress's head is leaning up against the window of the coach, it's pouring of rain and they are on the verge of crying because they are leaving the one they love.

My favourite lines are 'My hearts analyzing every word you said/Did you take me for a fool or did you really care'. These lyrics sum up a situation like this perfectly. When you have had your heart broken there is nothing truer than these lines. I really do love this song and I hope you do to. The fact that this was one of her first songs and she wrote it with her father, I think makes it just that little bit more special.

What About Georgia?

This song is brilliant. Want proof of Miranda's brilliant writing skills, to me this is the song to prove it. I think the lyrics are superb but it is not just the lyrics that make it. The way the song has been put together I think is brilliant. I just love the way it starts with the four knocks and to me the song would not be the same without that. The music is fun, upbeat and perfect to wiggle around to. I won't pick my favourite lines because it would be nearly the whole song. Miranda wrote this song by herself and in my opinion I think she should write more by herself. She is such a skilled song writer and I want to hear more of her, instead of others.

I want to pick another three, but I am going to limit this post to just 3 songs as I would like you to discover the beauty of this album yourself, if you haven't done already.

I Wanna Die

The amount of funny looks I have been given when mentioning this song is unbelievable. Everyone automatically goes that's a bit depressing or cynical isn't it? However, it is an amazing song, so please do not get put off by the title. It is not about actually wanting to die. Again, this song shows off the talent Miranda has for song writing. She did co write this song with someone, but I still think this song shows off her skill more than some of her later stuff. The lyrics in this song are just mind-blowing to me. It may not be the case for most people but I just love them. This is one of the main reasons I love it. It does repeat itself, more so than other songs, but with each repeat lines are swapped around to eventually make the 'singer' of the song be put in the better situation. Also, i love this song because the guitar track and bass this song is just brilliant. The music is a bit different to her normal stuff I feel, so I understand if this one is not everyone's cup of tea. However, I thought that with Mama's Broken Heart and everyone loved it. So yea listen, enjoy and love!

So that is it. Kerosene is an album every Miranda Lambert/ Country fan should have access to, listen to or own!